Watch, Watched, Watching: The Tribe Has Spoken!

Nox Irradiata

I've barely had any desire to watch any of season 3, I've only made it through 3 (maybe 4) episodes. It's pretty bad that I can't even remember how many I've watched.

Yeah, it felt like an effort to finish the season, I would open Netflix to watch another episode then find myself browsing through other stuff.

Kind of suprised so many are dissapointed with S3 of HoC. I thought it was much better than S2 (not as good as S1).

With the added caveat that I never really thought HoC was that good to begin with, I agree with this statement. SE2 was pretty painful, at least in SE3 he has adversaries that aren't completely braindead.

Kind of suprised so many are dissapointed with S3 of HoC. I thought it was much better than S2 (not as good as S1). I liked the Russian storyline, and Doug made the whole season for me.

The Russian storyline was the saving grace, a taste of the sort of stuff I like about the show. The rest...meh.

I decided to rectify a heinous situation and sit down to watch two movies I've never seen yet have always known of Full Metal Jacket, Apocalypse Now (and, for good measure, Platoon). I've finished Apocalypse Now and am inching through FMJ.

AN was completely different from what I expected, especially the usage of Marlon Brando and the strange, dreamlike quality of parts of the film.

But it is pretty odd to come at those movies decades after they finished. Interesting to see the impact on pop culture, the iconic quotes and such. It was there in Apocalypse Now and I was greatly amused when, within five minutes in Full Metal Jacket I saw the inspiration for a certain scene in Whiplash (rushing or dragging???). I mean, the director said he took inspiration from the film but I didn't think it'd be so...obvious :laugh:

Watching Snatch for the first time. Feet up on the coffee table, drinking some Apple Crown Royal. Here's to the start of a very relaxing Friday night! :cheers:

Enjoy!

Turkish: What's happening with them sausages, Charlie?

Sausage Charlie: Five minutes, Turkish.

Turkish: It was two minutes five minutes ago.

Love Snatch! Everything out of Bricktop's mouth is pure gold.

Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt... me.

Watching clouds of bitters disperse in my whiskey and water. While rewatching Rome season 2. Series is awesome but went down hill with the Voren becomes slumlordgangsta. Somewhat redeemednwhen he's Marc Antony's more direct and respectable henchman. Too bad Ray Stevens (think thats Pullos name) is too old.now to play Amos in the Expanse. Still pulling for Vorenus and Pullo as Connington and Victarion in GoT.

Finished up Snatch. That was awesome. :D I was literally LOLing during the scene where

Tony was about to slice the dog open to look for the diamond and then the dog starts randomly biting Sol and Vince. :lol:

hahahahaha snatch is great - gotta have a rewatch of that soon. you seen Sexy Beast????

Indeed. Yet totally unlike what you'd expect when it's mention in the same breath as Snatch as one of the good British crime films. The same might go for Layer Cake (similarly awesome) though the difference is not as extreme.

Archived