Season 5 Titles Revealed

Westeros

• 2 weeks later...

Show-Dany (which is the relevant one) was not 14 upon her marriage to Drogo so the issue of her engaging in intimate scenes is moot.

Show-Tommen, however, is clearly portraying a still early-teen child-king so there will be no intimate scenes with him. If the report that Dormer rejected a scene that suggested intimacy is true, it indicates an intelligent choice on her part for her career.

As far as seeing actual intimacy by a child on your tv: you will never see that, and you have never seen that, on HBO or anywhere else. (Is that a serious question?) Modern culture is in the toilet but hasn't quite gone all the way down yet.

Any hints yet on which living (at end of aDwD) book character gets the chop this season?

My money is on Mance, given that he won't be needed if there's no fArya storyline .....

Mance is my third most likely pick for that.

Second is Loras Tyrell - apparently the chopped character's actor wrote a really long letter to D&D explaining why it's a really bad idea to get rid of the character. Finn Jones is a pretty eccentric dude if his interviews are anything to go by, so I can see him doing this.

But my first most likely pick, sadly, would be Barristan Selmy. :(

I don't understand the squeamishness of the Margaery/Tommen romance. They discussed Sansa having a child as soon as she bled, so why would they insist a post-puberty boy hold out?

They can talk about it. They cant portray it. They could very well have a Birds and bees talk before and show us after. But not during.

As far as Dany is concerned 16 is the age of consent for most countries and Show Dany was at least 17 possibly even 18. Tommen has been portrayed as much younger.

They can talk about it. They cant portray it. They could very well have a Birds and bees talk before and show us after. But not during.

As far as Dany is concerned 16 is the age of consent for most countries and Show Dany was at least 17 possibly even 18. Tommen has been portrayed as much younger.

Dany was probably 16 when she married Drogo. She was born 9 months after the sack (roughly) which took place 17 years before the start of season 1. She could have been 17, but I think 16 is more likely.

I think capping off Season 5 with these titles would be great : Ep.8 "A Feast For Crows", Ep.9 "A Dance With Dragons", Ep.10 "Winter"

Or a bit more light-hearted:

8. Home Sweet Hardhome

9. I Believe I Can Fly

10. Walk The Talk!

Dany was probably 16 when she married Drogo. She was born 9 months after the sack (roughly) which took place 17 years before the start of season 1. She could have been 17, but I think 16 is more likely.

Has the show stated this ? They've been intentionally vague on when Dany was born vis a vis the Sack of KL.

Any hints yet on which living (at end of aDwD) book character gets the chop this season?

My money is on Mance, given that he won't be needed if there's no fArya storyline .....[/quote

My first guess is Jorah, he is not really needed to futher Tyrion's storyline if Varys is guiding him for awhile. Other than that, I really don't know.

Whats this extensive talk about Margaery and Tommen consummating their marriage? Where is the problem?

They'll just show them kissing, then cut (other scene), then again naked after they are finished. No big deal.

I am very curious about "Kill the boy".

"The gift" is probably going to be something Arya receives at the House B&W?

The movie Lolita (1997) with Jeremy Irons and Dominique Swain ( she was 15 or 16, he was like 50), the set crew just stuck a pillow between their pelvis for the rape scene. Being underage in the movies isn't the issue, it's perfectly legal to portray unerage sex if it's within the context of the movie and there isn't any actual sexual contact between the actors. Anyways, I'm sure they will portray it so we know what has happened, but they won't bother having them hop around on top of each other or anything. It isn't necessary for the scene to get the point across. The main thing to consider is that this is a medieval society and our morales we live with today are not theirs.

Whoever made the decision to randomly age Tommen just so they could show him and Margaery in bed together should lose their job and never work in TV again.

Uhh, the rest of the child actors are growing up so it would be dumb if Tommen was still a young child.

Archived