Soccer XXXIII- MLS Rises and Various Euro Talk

MercenaryChef

We're almost certainly seeing Falcao's United 'career' dribble out before are eyes, but I wonder if Di Maria's just signed his own death warrant. Played slightly better today, especially first half, but you can't be doing either of the things he just got booked for.

Yeah Ramsey definitely tugs him a bit but Di Maria throws his legs out from underneath himself in simulation absolute yellow. Wth he is arguing about with the ref to the point of slapping him on the back tho? A bit of a hard decision from the ref for giving a red you've seen players get away with that kind of contact before but you can't really blame the send off.

I think the Di Mara going down would have gotten nothing if it had being closer to the half way line, but it being on the edge of the box like that and in such a dangerous position, you either get the free kick or get a yellow.

I think a precedent has been set.

If you play on the wing for United, you dive. Badly.

Being far, one of our wingers stayed on his feet except when he was getting smashed up in the air by defenders, and in general had quite a good game, including an unexpectedly disciplined turn at CB in the last few minutes when everyone else lost their heads and just pegged it upfield.

Hopefully Aston Villa does that before we have to.

I don't think I could stand the lead up to the final if Liverpool was in it, much better and funnier for a Tim Sherwood Villa to do it in the semi.

Hopefully Aston Villa does that before we have to.

I don't think I could stand the lead up to the final if Liverpool was in it, much better and funnier for a Tim Sherwood Villa to do it in the semi.

The alternative of course is Sherwood beating Arsenal in the final. Football banter would evolve to its final stage and we could all do something else with our lives.

Archived