Soccer XXXIII- MLS Rises and Various Euro Talk

MercenaryChef

a great and cold day at rfk yesterday. i was sad to see montreal showed up with almost no fans. it was good to get the win and see our new costa rican forward jairo arrieta net the winner. he now has three in three matches.

i am pretty excited to watch nycfc and orlando play tonight. 60,000 fans expected. with the talent that each of these teams has i expect one of them to likely play for the title.

It's an international trip, hard to fault Montreal for not coming out in numbers.

Why is everyone describing Altidore's penalty as "cheeky"? Is this one of those things where people are desperate to sound English? It looks like a penalty, nothing unusual.

EDIT: Looking forward to Orlando-NYC as well.

It's an international trip, hard to fault Montreal for not coming out in numbers.

Why is everyone describing Altidore's penalty as "cheeky"? Is this one of those things where people are desperate to sound English? It looks like a penalty, nothing unusual.

EDIT: Looking forward to Orlando-NYC as well.

We're already pre-gaming down here.

I was hoping Utd and Arsenal would go to a replay and pick up an injury or two. Karma just snickered.

Today our entire back three was second choice. Lucky not to concede I guess. And I'm not surprised that we struggled against a physical team willing to defend and press aggressively while relying on an out ball to a bruiser #9. We needed to be smarter in our play.

Hopefully Blackburn will feel some pressure to come out and attack at home but I would not bet on it.

A bad day at the office but it's recoverable.

Archived