Association Football XXXIV - playing with the wrong shaped ball

Hereward

Ozil out with an "illness". Something isn't right in the Walcott camp, you're not left on the bench as much as he has been if everything is alright. I also can't believe Sanchez is starting, Rosicky would have been a much better fit.

On the subject of the West Brom red card, and as much as I disagree with it, I can absolutely understand why players surround referees when they can't seem to get a simple red card decision right. A multi billion pound business, and you can't send the right man off? I'm baffled!

With Walcott, there are probably two things going on.

1. His work rate is terrible. Wenger prefers someone who tries like Welbeck vs someone who touches the ball 6 times a match.

2. Walcott is having some personal issues with his kid. I think he/she is having heart surgery.

Welbeck >>>>>>>> Walcott.

It is no coincidence that Walcott receives less passes than any other forward player. Walcott plays for himself, Welbeck plays for the team.

To be fair, Walcott is also pretty much the only player who runs behind the defense instead of running to the ball.

I'd much rather have a selfish Walcott, than a team player Welbeck. Granted Walcott does need a kick up the backside but Welbeck is too similar to many other players we aready have and isn't as good as many Arsenal fans seem to make out, he's vastly overrated.

I can remember the period earlier in the season when Giroud was getting every bit as much stick as Ozil is presently and now look at him. That should be a great example to players who are receiving a lot of criticism that's perhaps unfair. Put your work in and let your performances speak for you. And to be clear, I'm not an Arsenal fan.

Archived