Wow, I never noticed that... v. 11

Rhaenys_Targaryen

Wat's Woods burn in The Sworn Sword and nobody is sure which Wat they were named after. I'd bet it was Wat the Hewer, the woodsman who lead the poor fellows against Maegor at the battle of Stonebridge (which was then renamed Bitterbridge.)

That is assuming Wat is still canon, as he didn't make it into the final version of the worldbook.

Tha dude didn't seem to be coming over to give Aegon a warm hug hello.

Perhaps he was just incredibly misunderstood [emoji14]

Thanks to Ser Tyrion.

It's always Tyrion's fault!

To be fair, seeing a monster coming towards you always make you assume it wants to kill you. We're very shallow people :(

I never noticed before that Ned had thought to himself that he would rather raise a child in a pit of vipers than with Lord Tywin Lannister. Maybe the child that Cersei accused him of "stealing" was taken to Dorne, or, "the pit of vipers."

If that happened, it could explain how Ashara Dayne actually disappeared and why she would hide a child. I do think she and Ned had a bond because Brandon and Ashara had a child together. Ashara decided to help him with his dilemma when he showed up at Starfall with her brother Arthur's sword, Dawn and his sister's child. It is possible that Dark Star is the child that she bore Brandon and Ned and Ashara both needed to hide a child. Isn't he the right age?

Yes, I do realize I've landed in crackpot territory again.

I noticed the "pit viper" reference during my reread too. It might be an allusion to R+L=A+J or some child that was left in Dorne... but yeah, you might have company in Crackpot Land.

ETA: A less "crackpot" reasoning for that line was Ned subconsciously remembering how he did not want to leave Jon in Dorne.

It's possible that what Stannis did at Deepwood was a precursor to what he'll do at Winterfell: sending men into the castle in secret to open the gates for the main host which is advancing unseen.

Bonus points if Robett Glover or the Crowfood ambush some fleeing Boltons like Alysane did with the ironborn.

I noticed the "pit viper" reference during my reread too. It might be an allusion to R+L=A+J or some child that was left in Dorne... but yeah, you might have company in Crackpot Land.

ETA: A less "crackpot" reasoning for that line was Ned subconsciously remembering how he did not want to leave Jon in Dorne.

So maybe the Ned originally considered leaving Jon at Starfall but didn't want to leave him in the pit of vipers that is pro-Targaryen Dorne and decided he could bring him back to Winterfell since Jon had a wolfish look?

So maybe the Ned originally considered leaving Jon at Starfall but didn't want to leave him in the pit of vipers that is pro-Targaryen Dorne and decided he could bring him back to Winterfell since Jon had a wolfish look?

Allow me to take that literally - he might not have stomached to leave the last thing he had of his sister so far away from hisself :)

I only slightly doubt that a baby might look wolfish enough to recognize the Stark look. Maybe in Westeros, they do.

It's possible that what Stannis did at Deepwood was a precursor to what he'll do at Winterfell: sending men into the castle in secret to open the gates for the main host which is advancing unseen.

Bonus points if Robett Glover or the Crowfood ambush some fleeing Boltons like Alysane did with the ironborn.

I'm pretty sure that's what the Mance was up to. I'm not digging his chances after the pink letter though.

Cersei = John Landlack.

King John was a suspicious man who made "threats instead of promises" and by suspecting disloyalty, "he ended up guaranteeing it."

A born cynic, with a puckish sense of humour, feckless, treacherous and entirely without scruple, he was possessed of some of the restless energy of his father and was prone to the same violent rages but unlike his father, John was unstable and cruel and a thoroughly flawed character. His deep distrust of others sometimes verged on paranoia.

John succeeded to the throne at the age of thirty-two, on the death of Richard the Lionheart in 1199.

Cersei "succeeded" as Queen Regent in 298, early 299 at the age of thirty-two to the Iron Throne.

Cersei reenacting the Faith Militant reflects the limit of power of the regency that Magna Carta placed on the Crown. The barons would dominate the reign of John and his son Henry III's reign, much like the Faith (Militant) might hold over Cersei's and anyone who is to follow her.

And like Henry III, Tommen would become king at the age of nine, but unlike Henry III, Tommen became king after his brother's death, not his father's.

I just had a revelation that I have seen anywhere so when jon snow executes Janos Slynt he not only fulfills Sansa wish that "some hero might chop his head off" but he gets vengeance for Arya. Mycah her "Butchers boy" was killed on the orders of the queen and Joffrey and Janos was in cersei's pocket and betrayed ned for her and he was a...... Butchers Son

Jon killed their butchers boy

I just had a revelation that I have seen anywhere so when jon snow executes Janos Slynt he not only fulfills Sansa wish that "some hero might chop his head off" but he gets vengeance for Arya. Mycah her "Butchers boy" was killed on the orders of the queen and Joffrey and Janos was in cersei's pocket and betrayed ned for her and he was a...... Butchers Son

Jon killed their butchers boy

I never noticed this either. Eye for an eye, or rather butcher's boy for a butcher's boy I suppose.

Cersei = John Landlack.

King John was a suspicious man who made "threats instead of promises" and by suspecting disloyalty, "he ended up guaranteeing it."

Cersei "succeeded" as Queen Regent in 298, early 299 at the age of thirty-two to the Iron Throne.

Cersei reenacting the Faith Militant reflects the limit of power of the regency that Magna Carta placed on the Crown. The barons would dominate the reign of John and his son Henry III's reign, much like the Faith (Militant) might hold over Cersei's and anyone who is to follow her.

And like Henry III, Tommen would become king at the age of nine, but unlike Henry III, Tommen became king after his brother's death, not his father's.

While it certainly has merit I wouldn't compare the barons to the Faith. Religion is a very different system and sort of power then what the barons had.

I'm pretty sure that's what the Mance was up to. I'm not digging his chances after the pink letter though.

I was thinking more about getting soldiers his soldiers inside via the Freys/Karstarks and/or Manderlys. I'm not sure how possible it would be for Mance and his spearwives to overwhelm a gate and hold it open long enough. Same basic idea though.

So there's that little box about the Mountain Clans in the Vale, TWOIAF that says the Burned Men were spun off thw painted dogs when they were entralled by a fire a witch with a dragon. I read Alys into this when I first read it but saw in TWOIAF forum that the more likely candidate was Nettles since the fire witch commanded a dragon, but that would muck up my theory on Brown Ben, and I think Alys is a better candidate. So...

Crash! That was a pot cracking. What if the dragon wasn't a dragon like Sheepstealer but the child of Aemond One-Eye?!? And what if Timmet is not only the true heir to the Vale (as we all know is true, right?), but also a descendant ol' One-Eye?!?

C'mon... tell me you can't feel this theory!

The reason Bittersteel and BloodRaven don't like each other:

Aegor Rivers' mother was a Bracken and Brynden Rivers' mother was a Blackwood. Their families have been fighting for years.

I apologize if this has been said before, but I thought that was hilarious.

Archived