TTTNE 453 - lifejackets anyone?

Gillio

Hello, Spamily and Spamigos!

I'm still in bed enjoying a quiet morning.

It's sunny outside, and I think I'll ride my bike after some breakfast.

Hope y'all doing great?

Been instructing my nephew on the finer points of Everquest all night; he had a blast and the nostalgia is still washing over me like the tide on a beach hehe. Probably kip down soon

I reckon I'll take a good long walk tomorrow, there's a park about a mile away and my big dog is mad for fetching sticks :D

Been instructing my nephew on the finer points of Everquest all night; he had a blast and the nostalgia is still washing over me like the tide on a beach hehe. Probably kip down soon

I reckon I'll take a good long walk tomorrow, there's a park about a mile away and my big dog is mad for fetching sticks :D

:thumbsup:

I used to play "Magic: the Gathering" with my nephew (godson).

And taking a walk is always fine.

Wonder if I can get the ASoIaF/GoT nerds over here to a spontaneous meeting.

:thumbsup:

I used to play "Magic: the Gathering" with my nephew (godson).

And taking a walk is always fine.

Wonder if I can get the ASoIaF/GoT nerds over here to a spontaneous meeting.

He liked magic at first, a lot, especially the art... until his creatures started dying :D

He's a bit on the autism spectrum, 11 years old.

What he does enjoy is tabletop gaming; I own a lot of LOTR minis and there's a battle bunker in Memphis, it's their NA headquarters.

He's a chatty kid when it comes to gaming; in the middle of an hour long diatribe when he was really excited, I couldn't hold it in and mentioned I felt some anxiety coming on. He stopped talking(you've got no idea what this means for him to pause like this haha), and just came over and gave me a big hug and asked if I was alright.

Best nephew ever, I'll never forget that moment. He has a big heart and it made me very proud and happy.

I actually wish I still had a bike, I really enjoy cycling, it's a great sense of speed and freedom.

By over here do you mean UK/Europe or US?

Bex! :grouphug: great to see you! How are you?

Lany, those veggies are going to be amazing once they grow. 😊

Helena, hehe, thanks :) sister keeps on being funny. she's fun to hang out with too. I'm currently thinking about her graduation gift, I want to put a basket or box together with loads of goodies for her.

Hi thread, hope all is well.

I need to vent. and I'm sure you guys will get it. It is show relleated, but a general whinge, so percectly safe here for all to read.

After watching last season I breifly considered not watching this season until after the next book. but only breifly since I knew I would not be able to avoid spoilers.

then came this season. I have not watched the leaked episodes. I don't have sky myself, but my brother records them for me and I watch the show normally in the week sometimes its a couple of weeks late. I had several friends who I bugged about how this show should be fantastic if it ever gets green lit and hey guys you should really read the books.....

But I never told them anything beyond the very general stuff - Its a fantasy setting so yes I suppose kind of like LOTR but no elves orcs. and no dark lord. Its more like the Tudors. Ok so there may be some magic or magic elements and there once was fire breathing dragons. But its for ADULTS, you would like it, really give it a try.

and then when it was about to be shown for the first time, "you should really watch this, Yes its the show of those books I like and have been really excited about. No its not for kids."

Well over last few days I've been told so much stuff that is apprently gonna happen at some point in the next four episodes, at first I did not know if it was just speculation, but when they talk about X happend then Y. .... Gah. I've told them I don't want spoilers, I don't want to know whats in future episodes I get "but its not future, I've seen the episodes." and "you've read the books, yeah I know the books are not finished - but you know there will be future book spoilers whats the problem?"

and they still want to talk in depth with me.

then they cap it off with "hey now you know how we feel for all these years. Its only fair" when I ask them what exactly did I spoil for them from the show "er, erm, You did tell us it had lots of tits in it. and graphic violence"

snip

Well... They're wrong, as simple as that.

It sucks because they're your friends and ironically you probably want to talk just as much in depth about ASOIAF with them as they do you... But you're definitely the one getting screwed here, and that's what makes wanting to delve into it with them so both-ways bad.

There's not really anyone to blame, as, true to the author and series, this is a gray issue.

I, and speaking on the behalf of TTTNE, we feel for you greatly. In an ideal world Winds would have been in our hands for over a year and a half and we were really only waiting for ADOS.

There's not much more I can say to make things better. I give you best wishes, and feel free to rant whenever about the whole deal. Though people here are in mixed camps regarding the future of both series', we all can come together on something like this.

yeah they just don't get it. For years I have been avoiding talking to them about the serries in any detail whatsoever because I wanted to avoid spoilering them.

I would like it greatly if they could avoid talking about episodes that have not been shown on TV yet in front of me. I'd appriciate it even more if they did not seek me out to get my reaction to things. and when I try to change the subject to take the hint.

I don't expect everyone to keep quiet once its shown, just show me the respect I've shown you. just cos some others out there deliberatly spoiled you, please don't spoil me.

as to the show V books, its done and happening. I will deal with it. and there will be big changes so it doesn't really matter that much cos the story now is a lot different in many places. but I don't want spoiling on materail I've not seen or watched. I don't mind speculation as to what you think will happen

Morning my lovelies :kiss:

If all goes well, this afternoon I will get my new tattoo done. I am very excited

Looks awesome Lany!

Are those logs you have around your place? It's a brilliant idea on many levels.

I just finished one arched trellis in one of my beds. 2 more to go. I'm really wanting to make the child a teepee fort with a combo of jasmine, snap peas and pole beans. No idea if I can manage that on my own. But the garden is growing and hopefully will be ready soon.

How's everyone doing? Happy Weekend :bowdown:

If I could just get this spawn to sleep I can watch a few eps of Daredevil :D

Thanks. Yeah, I love the idea of using the available items, not buying more things (and not just as a cost thing). I am workinh on being as organic as possible with it.

I love that idea! Would love to see your pics when they grow in!

Lany, those veggies are going to be amazing once they grow.

Helena, hehe, thanks :) sister keeps on being funny. she's fun to hang out with too. I'm currently thinking about her graduation gift, I want to put a basket or box together with loads of goodies for her.

Thanks! So sweet how close you and your sister are :love:

snip

Those people suck, and not in the good way. :(

Hi!

So I was in a zoo today with a bunch of 12-year-olds who talked to me in the formal version of "you". I feel old ...

Everybody hates on HBO, but consider this. What if Game of Thrones was a Disney Channel show?
Robb Stark would be King of the smallest of the Seven kingdoms and orphaned Daenerys would grow up with venomous Elizabeth I and Lucrezia Borgia, have mice instead of dragons and words "kindness and bravery" rather than "fire and blood". In this alternate universe the King in the North still ditches the Frey match though, and intends to wed Daenerys with the help of his trusted friend, Xaro Xoan Daxos. However, Lord Frey conspires with the wrong person, Elizabeth I, instead of Lord Tywin and so Robb and Daenerys get married in Winterfell at the White Wedding and live happily, kindly and bravely ever after.

:bowdown: Posts such as these make this thread so funny.

Hmm, sounds interesting. So, there is a chance for more Ewok genocide?

But but but ... ewoks are cute!

The school I was at on Wed & Thursday called this morning for me (a direct call, not our automated system) but I was already at the high school. I needed a break any way, them kindergarteners exhausts me :lol: It is nice to be appreciated and wanted though. Really reinforces I have made the right choice to go back to school and get my Masters in Education (the teaching certification is part of it)

So you decided to go back to school? I might have missed that if you posted it - the best of luck, Lany!

I think I may have killed one of the SW threads by bringing up the Theon inflatable doll.

Gosh, I hope not.

:uhoh: Thanks for the warning, I will be very cautious when I go read it.

Bro! Lany! Helena! HC! First! Nogg! Ab! Buck! Leo!

What's a gungan?

*shuddders in horror*

Please don't use that bad word.

Everybody hates on HBO, but consider this. What if Game of Thrones was a Disney Channel show?
Robb Stark would be King of the smallest of the Seven kingdoms and orphaned Daenerys would grow up with venomous Elizabeth I and Lucrezia Borgia, have mice instead of dragons and words "kindness and bravery" rather than "fire and blood". In this alternate universe the King in the North still ditches the Frey match though, and intends to wed Daenerys with the help of his trusted friend, Xaro Xoan Daxos. However, Lord Frey conspires with the wrong person, Elizabeth I, instead of Lord Tywin and so Robb and Daenerys get married in Winterfell at the White Wedding and live happily, kindly and bravely ever after.

Please don't let that be a prediction for Episode VII <_<

I think I may have killed one of the SW threads by bringing up the Theon inflatable doll.

Gosh, I hope not.

Thank you. I spit my Sam Adams all over my keyboard.

Lany, those veggies are going to be amazing once they grow.

:) I can remember a time when she was determined to make you insane :P

He liked magic at first, a lot, especially the art... until his creatures started dying :D

He's a bit on the autism spectrum, 11 years old.

What he does enjoy is tabletop gaming; I own a lot of LOTR minis and there's a battle bunker in Memphis, it's their NA headquarters.

He's a chatty kid when it comes to gaming; in the middle of an hour long diatribe when he was really excited, I couldn't hold it in and mentioned I felt some anxiety coming on. He stopped talking(you've got no idea what this means for him to pause like this haha), and just came over and gave me a big hug and asked if I was alright.

Best nephew ever, I'll never forget that moment. He has a big heart and it made me very proud and happy.

I actually wish I still had a bike, I really enjoy cycling, it's a great sense of speed and freedom.

By over here do you mean UK/Europe or US?

:wub: that is the most wonderful and sweet story! Thank you for sharing it! It made me smile.

BEX!!! Where have you been girl?! Good to have you back :cheers:

And today is BOOTCAMP for the spawn :commie:

Last weekend the instructor said most 4 year olds cry - he couldn't believe how much energy Lil O had. I on the other hand, am very aware of the over abundance of continual unlimited amount of energy he has. He's been waiting all week to go again. Afterward I think I'll go on a long walk for mom and Charlie Brown.

Hi!

So I was in a zoo today with a bunch of 12-year-olds who talked to me in the formal version of "you". I feel old ...

I got a wrong number call a while back, but I did actually know the person they were looking for, (I used to be a member of a movement where we all had very similar numbers, and a lot of us have kept them still.) When I said they should call her, the answer was, "but are you sure? I mean, the one i'm looking for, she's not, like, a young person. She's old. Like thirty." (me and her are both 27-8, so. Yeah.) I suppose I should take the possible compliment (?) that I sound like I'm young and not, like, thirty.

Bro! Lany! Helena! HC! First! Nogg! Ab! Buck! Leo!

Hello Bex, welcome back. :)

I got a wrong number call a while back, but I did actually know the person they were looking for, (I used to be a member of a movement where we all had very similar numbers, and a lot of us have kept them still.) When I said they should call her, the answer was, "but are you sure? I mean, the one i'm looking for, she's not, like, a young person. She's old. Like thirty." (me and her are both 27-8, so. Yeah.) I suppose I should take the possible compliment (?) that I sound like I'm young and not, like, thirty.

:lol: This is so weird, being thought of as old by kids, I am not ready for that! (I am 23.)

Actually it was even weirder because I am a cousin of one of those kids - they made a trip here and I joined them for the walk in the zoo. My cousin told his schoolmates that I was his cousin, so it is not like I was in some position of a teacher or something to them.

Archived