Hugo Drama III: Will "the ilk" come to Spokane?

Ser Scot A Ellison

I'm loving how Vox Day completely ignores it when Juliette speaks for herself. It's like she doesn't even exist.

I'm with Mormont on her motivation. Unless Brad was running around shouting that he would organize the Puppy Slate this year, I think I would have assumed Correia was doing it again. If they hadn't been so successful this year, I'd have no idea that it was Kate Paulk's turn next year.

As much as I like Snark, and as much as most of my posts are just me joking around to lighten mood. I've always been real.... unconcerned(?) with private lives of authors of books I read. I've always just read books if I enjoy them, and just try to read them if I don't.

I just can't wrap my head around Authors acting like this. I know they're just people too, but... I don't know, I liked it better when they were just a name on a book I guess.

love that torg is exposed as a mendacious prick.

Maybe the evidence is this completely specious claim from someone from Vox Day's Castalia House that a couple of sets of recommendations from the 2001 NESFA recommended reading list were somehow decisive rather than simply showing congruency. It's one of the most inane posts I've seen come from the RP camp to date, and that's saying something.

ludicrous, this one. mieville was a relative newcomer, but the other five nominees were very well known and well nominated previously. is there any suggestion that these six texts did not deserve to be there? what are the better books that year that would have made it on, but for the evil NEFSA? a joke, then, the notion that a 'slate' of ten nominees on which the six finalists were found somehow torqued the process.

I'm loving how Vox Day completely ignores it when Juliette speaks for herself. It's like she doesn't even exist.

It's quite a sad incident, I think. I had been trying to give Mr Torgersen the benefit of the doubt as a person, but his reaction here (as I said in a comment on that blog) is essentially tossing Ms Wade under a bus. That, plus the homophobic Twitter comment about Scalzi:

https://twitter.com/scalzi/status/595065592081690624/photo/1

Are rapidly depleting any goodwill that remained.

It's quite a sad incident, I think. I had been trying to give Mr Torgersen the benefit of the doubt as a person, but his reaction here (as I said in a comment on that blog) is essentially tossing Ms Wade under a bus. That, plus the homophobic Twitter comment about Scalzi:

https://twitter.com/scalzi/status/595065592081690624/photo/1

Are rapidly depleting any goodwill that remained.

I would not characterize that as a homophobic comment it simply alludes to Scaizi's supposed homosexuality which is a different kettle of fish.

I'm with Mormont on her motivation. Unless Brad was running around shouting that he would organize the Puppy Slate this year, I think I would have assumed Correia was doing it again. If they hadn't been so successful this year, I'd have no idea that it was Kate Paulk's turn next year.

And why should you if Paulk is not heading it up this year she is pretty much out of the limelight.

I would not characterize that as a homophobic comment it simply alludes to Scaizi's supposed homosexuality which is a different kettle of fish.

Don't be obtuse. It was clearly intended as an insult.

And why should you if Paulk is not heading it up this year she is pretty much out of the limelight.

As for Paulk, exactly she's not in the limelight, so by the same principle it's entirely plausible that Juliette was unaware that Brad was heading up the SP slate.

It betrays an attitude that thinks calling someone homosexual is an insult. And the apology that followed shows that even stronger.

As for Paulk, exactly she's not in the limelight, so by the same principle it's entirely plausible that Juliette was unaware that Brad was heading up the SP slate.

Larry I am quite capable of speaking for myself, thank you very much.

As for Paulk, she's NOT in the limelight, so by the same principle it's entirely plausible that Juliette was unaware that Brad was heading up the SP slate.

(thanks for translating for me, dude).

Good Lord, now Torgerson apologized to his cronies for going "below the belt." Vox Day also having a field day with this.

http://whatever.scalzi.com/2015/05/04/id-rather-like-men-than-to-be-a-sad-puppy/

http://voxday.blogspot.com/2015/05/never-retreat-never-apologize.html

Also this open letter to Torgerson.

Good Lord, now Torgerson apologized to his cronies for going "below the belt." Vox Day also having a field day with this.

http://whatever.scalzi.com/2015/05/04/id-rather-like-men-than-to-be-a-sad-puppy/

http://voxday.blogspot.com/2015/05/never-retreat-never-apologize.html

Also this open letter to Torgerson.

'Legion of Evil'? So who is the first to put this into their signature?

Larry I am quite capable of speaking for myself, thank you very much.

Apologies, should have let you respond first. Just frustrated with the constant obfuscation, misdirection, and cherrypicking coming from the puppycamp (not that that's what you were doing, cubarey), so I guess i'm a little trigger happy on the keyboard.

Apologies, should have let you respond first. Just frustrated with the constant obfuscation, misdirection, and cherrypicking coming from the puppycamp (not that that's what you were doing, cubarey), so I guess i'm a little trigger happy on the keyboard.

Larry, I'm just tweaking your nose.

Archived