Can the kingslayers act of saving KL ever be proven ?

If Jaime had actually done the decent, responsible thing and told everyone about the wildfire after the Sack of KL, it would have been easy to prove. Jaime knew where some of the wildfire was stashed and he later hunted down and killed pyromancers who knew of the plot. Just point Ned and Robert to the wildfire and to the pyromancers and, boom, proven. Not telling people, because of his own pride, was irresponsible and, frankly, childish.

People who should believe him:

Tyrion: he's been told by the pyromancers that tons of wilfire were hidden in random places underneath the city.

Daenerys: She saw her father sitting on the IT and telling 'let him be king of the ashes'.

People who would believe him:

Arya, or any good FM: They can tell he is not lying.

Bran: Weirnet maybe?

Jon, Sam, Podrick, Elder Brother, Sandor Clegane: I just feel like these people will be open-minded enough to trust Jaime.

But who can prove it to the Westerosi public? No one, I guess.

If Jaime had actually done the decent, responsible thing and told everyone about the wildfire after the Sack of KL, it would have been easy to prove. Jaime knew where some of the wildfire was stashed and he later hunted down and killed pyromancers who knew of the plot. Just point Ned and Robert to the wildfire and to the pyromancers and, boom, proven. Not telling people, because of his own pride, was irresponsible and, frankly, childish.

It was a thoughtless act of pride, but that pride is one of the things that defines his character. He never cared, and only in book 4 that we see him starting to really consider the consequences before actions.

I'm sure after the finding of the wildfire and that man mistaken it for wine I'm sure he could fill in the blanks and if he ever meets Danny she did see in the house of the undying let him be king over the ashes and so there is some proof that his story is true

I strongly suspect that there are other people that know.

*Barristan: the Kingsguard are very likely to be informed or even have aided with that. And since we know that Barristan follows orders to death, it is likely that he was involved if he was in KL at the time the bombs were placed. Since he is loyal to his former masters beyond sanity and the danger was over, there was no need for him to tell anyone and soil his old master's name.

*Cersei: if Jaime told someone, then Cersei.

*Maybe some other pyromancers

I wonder why Jaime didn't tell Robert... jars of wildfire all over the city where he, his sister and his children live ...

Jars of wildfyre beneath the city, not just lying around for everyone to grab. They were there all this time without being discovered, so I'd say his reasoning was pretty sound.

No jaime is an unsung hero, and those are, imo, the best ones. Having everyone in KL shout out saviour to jaime would ruin him for me.

I wonder why Jaime didn't tell Robert... jars of wildfire all over the city where he, his sister and his children live ...

He should of, wildfire grows fickle with age, who knows how much is underneath the city. KL is in danger of going up in flames.

Well, by our standards he was a child still.

Well, first, he would never use that to save his life or to gain any favour so he's never telling. He told Brienne because he was having a meltdown right there.

I think it's more likely Brienne -the only one who knows- uses that to save his life once they are in front of Stoneheart and they won't believe her. Why would they or anyone believe that? And he's more likely going like Tyrion at his trial and say "I should have let Aerys burn you all" rather than saying "but... I saved everybody's life!".

Bran or BR may know, then perhaps they can relay that info to Jon at some point, but I don't know if anyone will ever find out, but I hope people find out, but by this point, he will probably be the Kingslayer until he dies.

Archived