NBA 2014-15: Playoff edition

Ramsay B.

It had every single thing you expect from a Spurs-Clippers game plus the intensity of a hugely important game 5.

I'm just going off the highlights, but it did look like a really good game. No one else had any comments about the Paul tech for passing the ball to the ref (a little too hard?) I watched the replay a few times, and I think that call is 100% bullshit. Now, a good team can shrug off a tech, but when you have a home game against the reigning champs you don't need those kinds of calls going against you.

I'm just going off the highlights, but it did look like a really good game. No one else had any comments about the Paul tech for passing the ball to the ref (a little too hard?) I watched the replay a few times, and I think that call is 100% bullshit. Now, a good team can shrug off a tech, but when you have a home game against the reigning champs you don't need those kinds of calls going against you.

It's awesomely intense. Feel like there's a has been/never were verdict riding on every game. This is either the end of the Spurs as we know 'em or confirmation of the sense the Clips will always be pretenders.

The Chris Paul technical was total bullshit. That was some Joey Crawford level reffing. Still if Jordan keeps his hands out of the cylinder, they win that game. And I struggle to muster sympathy for such an unlikable team.

ETA: This is the 4th straight game the Nets have haunted the Hawks to the closing whistle. It's awesome.

ETA2: Ahh well.

Or maybe there was something else that caused that tech.

I was wondering if he said something as he threw it. Seemed like he was too far away but would make a lot more sense.

The Chris Paul technical was total bullshit. That was some Joey Crawford level reffing. Still if Jordan keeps his hands out of the cylinder, they win that game. And I struggle to muster sympathy for such an unlikable team.

No, it wasn't. You aren't allowed to throw the ball at the referee after a score and then he also clearly said something. And obviously something that wasn't kind as Paul didn't try to argue.

That injury could have huge repercussions for this year and going forward. If Love is out for a month and the Cavs fail to win the East, I think the odds that Love walks away go waay up. And then Lebron is left in Cleveland with just Irving. Now, that's a great duo for many years to come, but that isn't going to cut it against the best in the West, and it's going to hurt that much more to see Wiggins lighting it up. That injury could potentially change the entire NBA landscape.

Love isn't going anywhere.

For one - when asked and it's happened often he hasn't given a wishy washy ambiguous "I will wait until the season is over" stuff.

He has flat out said he's here for the long haul. I know the narrative is he must be unhappy and major market media folk want him to walk away but he's going to re up with cavs and be there for a while.

Love isn't going anywhere.

For one - when asked and it's happened often he hasn't given a wishy washy ambiguous "I will wait until the season is over" stuff.

He has flat out said he's here for the long haul. I know the narrative is he must be unhappy and major market media folk want him to walk away but he's going to re up with cavs and be there for a while.

Yeah, well, he was also supposed to get a cortisone shot and be ready for game 1. ;)

A Randy Wittman-led Wizards squad has a half-decent shot at making the East finals, and can win the conference as well. And this is not some bizarro-NBA where Lance Stephenson is a perennial MVP contender and the Bucks do indeed win a series in 6 games.

The Kevin Love injury makes this seem like a transition year for the East, kind of like in 2007 when a gang of Lebron + scrubs took on the mighty Spurs. The 2015 Cavs with Love could have competed with any Western team. Now I'm not so sure they'll be able to get past the Bulls, a matchup that was already tough enough without the injury (assuming the Bulls can finally close the deal in rd 1).

Is Conley out for the Semis?

Hard to tell given the injury. They're saying he could be out anywhere from a week to a month. It'lll depend on how quickly he heals up from the facial surgery which he had on Monday. They interviewed him last night at the game and the whole left side of his face was still noticeably swollen, so I'm not real optimistic.

I hope the injury is not that serious and Conley comes back soon, without him the next series won't be much of a contest and I really like him as a player, he's underrated because he's not as spectacular as the superstar PGs, but he gets the job done, he plays smart basketball, he is excellent defender and keeps improving.

I hope the injury is not that serious and Conley comes back soon, without him the next series won't be much of a contest and I really like him as a player, he's underrated because he's not as spectacular as the superstar PGs, but he gets the job done, he plays smart basketball, he is excellent defender and keeps improving.

Yup, he's gotten better each year he's been in the league. The Grizzlies are not the same team without him, not even close really. I dread having to watch Nick Calathes try to guard Steph Curry. :crying:

I know modern medicine can create miracles but he looking at his face last night, he doesn't seem anywhere close to returning.

Kinda reiterates how lucky Westbrook was this season to have a huge divot in his cheek repaired and then get back to MVP form over the weekend.

Only 11 players started all 82 games this year. That's nuts.

Is it? I would need to see how many missed games just for general rest rather than injury. Lots of coaches give their star players games off to save their legs, and that doesn't seem crazy at all.

Archived