Rant and Rave without Repercussion [Book Spoilers]

Chebyshov

That was..... not good. I kind of enjoyed the Hide the Needle scene. Because I read A Feast for Crows and knew what it meant. I’m not sure if the show earned that moment.

I'm really over Olly. There was just something about "Edd, fetch me a block" that wasn't captured in the scene tonight.

It was rushed. Janos Slynt not at least having the night to mull it over made Jon look like a jerk.

That was..... not good. I kind of enjoyed the Hide the Needle scene. Because I read A Feast for Crows and knew what it meant. I’m not sure if the show earned that moment.

It was rushed. Janos Slynt not at least having the night to mull it over made Jon look like a jerk.

Yeah. Jon definitely comes out looking not great here. It's been some time since I've read the book chapter, but the internal reflection really drives home what that it's a moment of growth for Jon. I especially liked that he thought about Ned and how it was his responsibility to carry out the execution like he was taught growing up. That's lost here. I also thought the moment with Stannis afterwards was more ambiguous than in text and I wasn't crazy about that.

I'd include a whole bunch of stuff here about Sansa's plot but it's just not worth it.

I was happy to see Arya hide needle, too. But I feel like that scene loses some of its power because we haven't seen anything about Nymeria at all.

Unless they're setting up Brienne to be the Hooded Man and/or the washerwomen I don't see the point of any of this.

I like the idea of the Bolton/Batfinger alliance, except that LF has no power over the Vale anymore when left Robin with Lord Royce and Bolton doesn't have any Freys with him.

I liked that Roose and Ramsay are back. Even if their actions don't make a whole lot of sense. I like that Stannis and Jon are being somewhat faithfully adapted. Jon hasn't done anything extra-retarded and Stannis hasn't tortured any babies to death. Arya's plot is faithful, but boring. I liked the High Sparrow and Qyburn. Good actors.

Anyway, those were my positives. There's way more negatives. Moving on. Let's start with the biggest issue:

The brothel scene. No, the other one. The one at the end, in Volantis. Just... what the fuck?

You say that as if he didn't already look like a total jerk and hypocrite. At least here, he doesn't basically say he IS sending Slynt to die, while hoping that Thorne does or says something to give [Jon] an excuse to kill him too. While praising himself in his own thoughts and ignoring his own acts of disobedience. I think he looks a lot nicer and more reasonable in this scenario. Note: he still looks like a jerk, but he seems less self-assured, which goes a long way.

The Needle scene was all I liked.

"Tyrion never consumated the marriage. By the law of the land, she's no man's wife." At least there's that.

We did at least get "The North Remembers"

But seriously, no words. Just tables being flipped. There is no excuse for Jon not saying his goddamn line. None.

Archived