Make Life more Fun

litechick

I'm a renter but that doesn't stop me from fantasizing about a day when I could have a master suite with a balcony which is connected by a rope bridge to a treehouse with a fire pole and zip line.

Just recently, I have come to appreciate the possibilities of an in-ground trampoline. Long have I envied people with access to a lakeside rope swing.

What do you want? What would make life more fun?

I'm a renter but that doesn't stop me from fantasizing about a day when I could have a master suite with a balcony which is connected by a rope bridge to a treehouse with a fire pole and zip line.

Just recently, I have come to appreciate the possibilities of an in-ground trampoline. Long have I envied people with access to a lakeside rope swing.

What do you want? What would make life more fun?

You tend to get in-ground trampolines at gymnastics halls. They're fun, especially if there is a foam pit to do stuff into.

Secret passages. Every building should have a nondescript wall panel or two that can be opened by a particular sequence of knocks or a concealed switch. Same goes for city shortcuts - duck down this alley and through that unmarked gate and save yourself ten minutes' walk. This part may require a fundamental reshuffling of the laws of physics, however. :(

For $250 you can buy a 15' above ground trampoline. Not as awesome as an in ground trampoline but still a lot of fun. We have a rope swing for our place up in Maine but it tends to be too much work. This year i am picking up one of these to make up for all the hard work we do rope swinging.

Here are a few other ideas:

• Add fireman poles to my house so i can slide down from my upstairs all the way down into the basement.
  • I've longed for a small scale train to ride around my house like they had on Silver Spoons.
  • Not sure what they are called but i want one of those ATV/Car things that have a steering wheel but can be driven anywhere. They look like little dune buggys.

I'd love a robot maid, a jet pack and a flying car but those don't seem likely anytime soon.

I love this question, and am actually working on making life more fun pretty much on a daily basis. :)

I'm getting bees at the end of the month, but phase II is chickens. After that, I would love a greenhouse and maybe some goats.

I think a waterslide/pool would be a fun addition to all of these critters.

And I have always wanted my own personal karaoke machine.

I want a river or pond or lake in my backyard that has a cliff or tree I can jump off of into the water.

Llamas and alpacas, too, would be cool to have around, and maybe a platypus sanctuary.

A barn where I could have a weekly blues jam / open mic.

One fun project for this year is building a wood fired hot tub to enjoy this winter.

I'm going to have to copy my Mom's second husband.

He had a gas tank installed at his house. It was the most amazing thing, I never once paid for gas while they were together.

your idea of making life more fun is paying less for gas? either you are already having a blast or you need some major excitement :p

I want to jump out of airplanes more often. commercial flights should all end with an air drop. fuck landing.

I want a river or pond or lake in my backyard that has a cliff or tree I can jump off of into the water.

Llamas and alpacas, too, would be cool to have around, and maybe a platypus sanctuary.

A barn where I could have a weekly blues jam / open mic.

One fun project for this year is building a wood fired hot tub to enjoy this winter.

This sounds heavenly. I did not know that I wanted a platypus sanctuary until I read this.

your idea of making life more fun is paying less for gas? either you are already having a blast or you need some major excitement :P

I want to jump out of airplanes more often. commercial flights should all end with an air drop. fuck landing.

In defense of eyenon, my dad had a gas tank when I was a teenager and it was awesome. Until he caught on that the teenager was sucking up all of the gas for hoodlum living that he needed for farming. :D

your idea of making life more fun is paying less for gas? either you are already having a blast or you need some major excitement :p.

Paying exactly zero dollars for gasoline in a 7 year period is a fucking blast. I encourage everyone to try it if they can.

I bet it will result in lots of smiles, at least it did for me.

That gas tank funded many trips to Miami

We were supposed to have jetpacks and flying cars fifty years ago.

Its the govermnent.

They let us do stuff on the ground but they dont want us in the air!

I'm thinking of drones, how hard can it be to make one that supports the weight of a human????

Archived