[BOOK SPOILERS] Rant and Rave Without Repercussion

teemo

I feel #2 is a sure thing. I am convinced the horrible things that Alfie and Iwan were talking about are done to Myranda, or as a long shot Walda and not Sansa, I don't believe the show would go there with Sansa.

#1 & #2 combined is possible, I don't think #3 because she's low born, so Ramsay, if he abuses Sansa will do so on his own.

Ramsay's wedding night is a pretty horrible scene in the books. I'm pretty sure they will attempt to duplicate this with Sansa. Otherwise, why the whole Theon/Sansa set up?

Did you read all the interviews, though? From the various actors involved? Because it sure seems to point to that one thing.

This one in particular, but combine it with everything else:

http://www.zap2it.com/blogs/game_of_thrones_alfie_allen_promises_terrible_season_5_event-2015-04

He will make Sansa watch whatever he does to Myranda or Walda, which he will do before the wedding, and this will clue her in, LOL, that she needs to escape. There is no way they can rehab her, or legitimately claim that being raped empowered her, so, I can't see it.

Slightly odd thing, but have we seen the Godswood at all yet? I thought that that would be one of the first places Sansa would visit, seeing as it was untouched by the fire and it probably holds some pleasant memories.

He will make Sansa watch whatever he does to Myranda or Walda, which he will do before the wedding, and this will clue her in, LOL, that she needs to escape. There is no way they can rehab her, or legitimately claim that being raped empowered her, so, I can't see it.

I like this theory...

Ramsay's wedding night is a pretty horrible scene in the books. I'm pretty sure they will attempt to duplicate this with Sansa. Otherwise, why the whole Theon/Sansa set up?

They won't. Jeyne Poole is broken, she's broken when she gets to WF and broken even more after her marriage. They cannot break Sansa on the show and duplicating the book marriage would break her, abuse is not empowering.

The show thinks that everything is interchangeable, so they have Sansa marry Ramsay and escape w/Theon but leave out the rest of it, it ends up where the want it to end.

Slightly odd thing, but have we seen the Godswood at all yet? I thought that that would be one of the first places Sansa would visit, seeing as it was untouched by the fire and it probably holds some pleasant memories.

I am hoping to see Sansa visit there and have a conversation with Reek...Something has to happen to change Sansa's feelings towards him, if he is going to "Save" her... if that is how they are going to write it.

Or if already know that Sansa is eventually LF's doom, they will make it come about this way. She murders LF because he left her to Ramsay's ideas of romance. All they want is to hit a plot point. If they do this scene with Sansa it'll all be about how she channels her rage at her situation w.r.t. LF.

Considering Ramsay has flayed men, hunted women like animals and even cut off Theon's penis, he's already a despicable character. But Iwan Rheon, who plays Ramsay, says definitively that there's one Season 5 scene where he does something even worse than anything he's done before.

That scene seems to involve Theon, as Allen teases: "There's something that happens about halfway through this season that is really going to make huge waves, and people aren't going to be happy about it. It's hard to watch. I bear witness to this thing, and it's crazy, sort of having to portray how messed up everyone's situation is through my own reactions to what happens. Get ready for it."

Why the HUGE waves. Does the audience care that much about Myranda or Walda? And they even said the reason they are using her is because the audience cares (in other words, they can't write for shit).

And look at the say he puts it, he has to portray how messed up the situations of others are, why would there be a need for that, why can't this be her portraying how messed up it is.

Add it to all the other interviews, and just how predictably horrible they are...

Why the HUGE waves. Does the audience care that much about Myranda or Walda? And they even said the reason they are using her is because the audience cares (in other words, they can't write for shit).

And look at the say he puts it, he has to portray how messed up the situations of others are, why would there be a need for that, why can't this be her portraying how messed up it is.

Add it to all the other interviews, and just how predictably horrible they are...

More violence against women=huge waves. Showing more torture on screen=huge waves.

I admit I could be wrong and he rapes her but I really, really doubt it, it's too big of a departure for her character and the idea of rape empowering her to become a badass player is not something they will be able to sell to anyone.

100%. Evidenced by their Good GuyTM trope (particularly their reading on Tyrion).

It's depressing, it feels that most of American tv seems to be made by guys like these. And maybe every 100 D&D's/ Chuck Lorres we get one Joss Whedon or J. Michael Stazinsky . It should be the other way around, plus a few Jodie Fosters/ Debra Wingers or whatever you may call them thrown into the mix. All of these would also improve quality immensely.

More violence against women=huge waves. Showing more torture on screen=huge waves.

I admit I could be wrong and he rapes her but I really, really doubt it, it's too big of a departure for her character and the idea of rape empowering her to become a badass player is not something they will be able to sell to anyone.

uhg I hope they do not go down this road....

Or if already know that Sansa is eventually LF's doom, they will make it come about this way. She murders LF because he left her to Ramsay's ideas of romance. All they want is to hit a plot point. If they do this scene with Sansa it'll all be about how she channels her rage at her situation w.r.t. LF.

Yeah, they'll use it as a plot device. It's a trope. A horrible one.

so you do not believe the nudity sites spoilers.

Her showing some skin doesn't equate to being raped, does it?

the spoiler says that ramsay deflowers Sansa as theon is forced to stay and whatch. The camera is supposedly focused on theons reaction.

That's where the really harmful thing they are doing comes into play. That this will be empowering. She will be stronger as a result, which shows such a horrific lack of sensitivity on their part.

the spoiler says that ramsay deflowers Sansa as theon is forced to stay and whatch. The camera is supposedly focused on theons reaction.

A lot of spoilers for the show are wrong, I find it really unlikely that they would have Theon watch Sansa getting raped by Ramsay, I can't imagine how they think they would rehabilitate her character as 'empowered' after that.

That's where the really harmful thing they are doing comes into play. That this will be empowering. She will be stronger as a result, which shows such a horrific lack of sensitivity on their part.

And I have a sinking suspicion that people who draw attention to this issue you just raised will be loudly shouted down by the majority of viewers.

Empowering would mean manipulative. Dany changing Drogo concept of sex..

No she will just lie there like a dead zombie crying. Certainly not agreeing to marriage and its duties because that would mean rape. Certainly not Roose claiming rights of the first night

Another thread being derailed by lack of intelligent descriptions based purely on hypothetical assumption. Attempting to spoil within complete bias.

This thread has again hit the gutter, becoming a support group for the obsessively deranged.

Archived