Penny Dreadful II: Take Me To Church

Theda Baratheon

Just watched the clip...looks great. That set looks visually stunning. And Chandler :eek: Cannot wait!

ETA: ooh, also!

will Dorian recognise Brona? Will she have any recollection of him and his mansion? Hmmmm...

WOLF OUT omg I can't wait! :D

I can't wait for that Ethan scene!

PD FB page just posted a clip for Sunday's episode and it looks like Dorian will start to interact with the main cast again.

Thank *god*

I was starting to get a wee bit tired of having the same criticism ever week

Does anyone else long to know Sembene's back story? I really hope they delve into that, if not now, in future seasons.

I do!

Does anyone else long to know Sembene's back story? I really hope they delve into that, if not now, in future seasons.

Yes, but I don't think we're going to get it. They will probably just keep teasing us, and keeping him a bit of mystery for the most part.

I have a question. In one of the street scenes it shows a group of people gathered around a puppet show. The puppets looked like Ferdinand and Vanessa. The second time I tried to see if any of the witches were in the crowd, but if they were, I did not recognize them. Was it supposed to look like Ferdinand and Vanessa? and why?

I think it was odd she didn't recognize her either. I think it might be part of a retcon.

It wasn't really odd at all tbh - she looked nothing like Bronna really; completely different clothes and hair and VOICE. Voice makes a difference to how people look.

It wasn't really odd at all tbh - she looked nothing like Bronna really; completely different clothes and hair and VOICE. Voice makes a difference to how people look.

Agreed. Different hair color alone is enough tbh. Especially since they only met once IIRC.

I'm on phone so can't really type out a clear coherent post suffice to say I LOVED THIS EP.

5 episodes into the season and every single one of the episodes has been excellent.

love that lyle is hiding out with them <3

Oh my god my Ethan and Vanessa feels...

MRS. FCKIN. MURRAY...THAT MOMENT OF REALIZATION WHEN MINA AND PETER ARE GONE...HORRIFYING

I'm so in love with ethan chandler it's ridiculous lol

I'm on phone so can't really type out a clear coherent post suffice to say I LOVED THIS EP.

5 episodes into the season and every single one of the episodes has been excellent.

MRS. FCKIN. MURRAY...THAT MOMENT OF REALIZATION WHEN MINA AND PETER ARE GONE...HORRIFYING

Check the preview for next week. Do it now! You will be very happy, I suspect...

Yes, but I don't think we're going to get it. They will probably just keep teasing us, and keeping him a bit of mystery for the most part.

entirely possible dies next week in the wolf out. Would be.very interesting. We know Ethan is not straight up "good" (he slaughtered an inn full of people) but if he killed one of the group, it would be interesting to see how they all react.

Was anyone else really impressed by the music?

Sooner or later Lyle will reveal his connection to Mrs. Poole, and since he knows where her "lair" is, team Malcolm may finally go on the offensive. Provided there is still a team at that point.

Sooner or later Lyle will reveal his connection to Mrs. Poole, and since he knows where her "lair" is, team Malcolm may finally go on the offensive. Provided there is still a team at that point.

Yep. Am sure something like this is gonna go down.

@Helena - I am ALWAYS, ALWAYS impressed with the music in this show :)

A very important point. It looks like the latter half of this season will put strain on the group. Sir Malcom seduced by Kali, Vanessa the Voodoo Doll, Ethan wolfing out...There is a lot that could drive a wedge between them all now. That seems to be the intent of Kali, she wants them divided so she can take Vanessa with relative ease.

Anyway, also looking forward to the Evelyn-Vanessa scene next week. Even if this isn't their big confrontation, they are both portrayed by phenomenal actresses and it should be a pleasure to watch them at work.

I am ALWAYS, ALWAYS impressed with the music in this show :)

I think it is used very well too. Like last night, the music as poor Ms. Murray saw Mina and Peter rise...added so much to the atmosphere, made me feel very tense.

I'm surprised we haven't been given more backstory and whatnot with Sembene yet. Has to happen, right? The actor is not being asked to do too much so far, but he seems to be doing it really well. I'm really hoping that they have something planned.

So another episode of Dorian and his relationship not really going anywhere? I guess there is a potential thematic connection with Dorian's lover feeling out of place like Victor's people or something. Speaking of...obviously a massive conflict could be coming. Bronna love or at least likes very much and feels comfortable with Victor...he's not disinterested in her...Caliban ain't going to like this unless perhaps he finds love at the was museum?

ETA: Must agree with the upthread that Ms. Ives is a great wingman. But that's not surprising. I believe it was Isaac Newton or perhaps Frances Bacon who proved the axiom that Eva Green improves all situations.

Archived