Penny Dreadful II: Take Me To Church

Theda Baratheon

I feel like Vanessa and Ethan should be able to piece together the witch-y parts of this Malcolm puzzle a lot faster than they are considering how off he was acting. The guy was worried about replacing a bloody carpet more than mourning for his newly deceased wife and they're just scratching their heads over it. Even though they know they're all currently under attack by dark forces that are collecting pieces of hair for dolls and Malcolm just spent all night outside of the foritifed mansion.

Ok, I'm going to ask you again, please stop plagiarizing IGN reviews. Not sure if there is a rule against it on this forum, but there should be. Why is it so hard to provide your own thoughts about a tv show? I'm sorry but this is really getting old.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2015/06/08/penny-dreadful-glorious-horrors-review

Well Vanessa seems to be on to it now but the group was on high alert last episode and now they do seem to be oddly relaxed. I'm more surprised that Cali would overlook that Malcolm would lack any emotion in front of Vanessa and Sembene after receiving such horrible news. Seems like a pretty blatant red flag that something is up...or maybe Cali just doesn't care about giving away her hand at this point since her and Vanessa did have a little verbal tussle at the ball. Either way, I'm sure that this witch power struggle will be a huge piece to their downfall.

Poor Victor and his jealousy, they were like a high school couple.

I loved how Sembene hooked those chains up without any questions asked, I wish he was my best friend.

Ha, I was thinking the same thing. That guy is awesome. He didn't stay in his chair like Ethan said though. Hopefully he doesn't get mauled.

Glad Dorian finally interacted with the rest of the cast, but I hope there is more to that whole storyline than just a reason for him to have a ball where all the characters can come together.

Vanessa in that ball gown :wub:

Another really good episode overall. Next week looks like a big episode too. Can't wait!

Ok, I'm going to ask you again, please stop plagiarizing IGN reviews. Not sure if there is a rule against it on this forum, but there should be. Why is it so hard to provide your own thoughts about a tv show? I'm sorry but this is really getting old.http://m.ign.com/articles/2015/06/08/penny-dreadful-glorious-horrors-review

Haha! Wtf?

Ha, I was thinking the same thing. That guy is awesome. He didn't stay in his chair like Ethan said though. Hopefully he doesn't get mauled.

Glad Dorian finally interacted with the rest of the cast, but I hope there is more to that whole storyline than just a reason for him to have a ball where all the characters can come together.

Vanessa in that ball gown :wub:

Another really good episode overall. Next week looks like a big episode too. Can't wait!

I've been wondering all season where they're going with Dorian? He seems like a thoroughly nice fellow, in an immoral modern way. But his distancing from Angeliuqe to the next shiny plaything in Lily is maybe where we're headed? If that's the case consider me bored, Dorian should be a disgusting monster under that nice guy persona not just a horny philanderer.

All up it was another OK enjoyable set up episode. I'm not loving the three younger witches but at least there was no hissing (yay). Ms. Ives continues to be under used as does Sir Malcolm, probably not the best decision to relegate your two best actors to supporting roles, Timothy Dalton has had next to nothing to do all season which is dumb.

Ethan continues to grow on me, Josh Hartnett is actually a good actor, who knew? Victor Frankenstein is a creepy creepy dude. Kali and Lyle are a delight. John Clare in the waxworks? I guess they're going somewhere with that just wish they'd get there already. Also seems like his 'accidental' meeting with Vanessa in the cholera hospital was no accident. And as ever the cinematography was gorgeous, I'd watch this show just for that.

Good episode, better than the last one (which was the weakest of this season imo).

This season is going great, I know a lot of people hate on it but I do think it's for a select audience. They succeed tremendously in the slow-paced gothic vibe.

I am on edge to see Dracula in the Season Finale killing a recently-escaped Evelynn for failure. :dunno: Would be a great way to introduce him formally.

One last thing - Dorian Gray. He's been getting slammed but I really enjoy this new approach to that character. And anytime he interacts with the main party vocally, it's some of the most interesting dialogues in the whole show.

Crazy how the show had Vanessa hook up with Dorian in like one episode but they keep dragging this Ethan and Vanessa romance out. It even becomes more obvious they are dragging it out when the entire cast is having sex with someone and ethan and vanessa just play coy with each other.

Oh well hopefully it culminates next episode so the actual plot can continue with the witches and devil

Dorian Grey really needs a storyline besides who he's sleeping with.

What a great episode. I am loving this season so much and look forward to PD every single week.

--First, can I just *droooooooool* over the costuming in the ballroom scenes?

--Dorian and the rest of the gang TOGETHER for once. That's honestly all I needed to be happy.

--Victor and Lily are actually adorable. Damnit. I might be sorta shipping this.

--John Claire and Blind Girl (honestly, what is her name?!)---hm. I thought they'd be the true relationship for John Claire since Brona/Lily is obviously not it, but she seems rather unnerved by him now.

--Dorian Grey and Victor Frankenstein meet. That's why I love this show--these little meta moments when literary figures meet for the first time.

--Ethan's conversation with the Detective was very good. The Detective has figured out a lot (except what Ethan is, of course) and I like the cat/mouse feel of these two.

--"I do so enjoy watching your scales catch the light as you coil...." Yeah, I love Lyle.

--Whooooooooooa Dorian and Lily meet. Semi-Recognition! But honestly Lily doesn't look THAT different, right?

--"I don't drink spirits." "I won't hold that against you." I am using that from now on...

--Angelique--Victor--Vanessa--Lily--Dorian conversation is so full of awkward and it was WONDERFUL. I couldn't stop grinning.

--Kali and Vanessa meet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "He speaks so highly of you.' "He speaks of you rarely" OMG THIS SCENE IS PERFECT

--HOLY SHIT THE BLOODY RAIN SCENE

--THE ENDING!!!!!!

Ok, I'm going to ask you again, please stop plagiarizing IGN reviews. Not sure if there is a rule against it on this forum, but there should be. Why is it so hard to provide your own thoughts about a tv show? I'm sorry but this is really getting old.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2015/06/08/penny-dreadful-glorious-horrors-review

As this is not the first time I've seen this dudye called out for doing this, one can only assume that he or she is deliberately trolling. And yeah, if there isn't already a forum rule against this form of plagiarism, there should be.

What an asshole.

I liked this episode... but they cut the werewolf transformation waaaaay short.... we've been building up to this since Ep 2... and we got about 4 seconds worth

It was a good cliffhanger. Hopefully next episode will open with that scene.

It's really not difficult to come up with an original opinion, is it??? I mean...plagiarizing a review like that is kind of shitty really.

So weird.

I liked this episode... but they cut the werewolf transformation waaaaay short.... we've been building up to this since Ep 2... and we got about 4 seconds worth

I know, I was watching on my Ipad so I knew that they wouldn't have enough time left for the full transformation. Such teases.

At least he didn't look like Teen Wolf. Did Vanessa open the book in the preview for next week? Ruh roh!

Also Victor already getting jelly over Lily

She's gonna run right back to Caliban if he keeps it up

Its a shame Caliban is so hung up on his looks his dialogue is usually my favorite among all the characters

sembele continues to be awesome cleaning forks in the dark and watching werewolf transformations

Kinda confused about Ethan he can't contol his transformations and I guess he isn't aware of the fact that he's a werewolf but he can commune with wolves no problem...

American Werewolf in London

I was kind of dissapointed Ethan didn't attend the ball thb. I can't wait to see his reaction to Lilly/Bronna.

Definitely, but I assumed it was a full moon because he would never turn down Vanessa otherwise...but I am excited for when he sees Lilly. It's also funny that Dorian has hooked up with everyone, it would've been a fun clusterfuck to have had Ethan there to add to the chaos.

I was kind of dissapointed Ethan didn't attend the ball thb. I can't wait to see his reaction to Lilly/Bronna.

If Ethan doesn't recognize her, then I'm going to start assuming something else is up. Like something supernatural.

However, I think the writers are waiting for the right moment--like when Ethan and Vanessa have really moved forward together, that's when you throw in the ex who is now undead and dating your Doctor friend.

Archived