[Book Spoilers] EP506 Discussion

I lived through watching the rape. My heart went out to Sansa and Theon too. It helped seeing Theon and Sansa together in the preview. Now they can plan their payback and escape from psychopathnRamsay. HATE HIM. Also, It looks like Littlefinger has all his game pieces in place. WI'll he betray Sansa just like he did her father? I really liked how they managed to bring down Margery too by making her look like a liar. I knew that scene with the three of them would come back to play a major element in the storyline. House Lannister is in it's last and final days. I'm doubtful The Vale will ever get the call to support or give aid to anyone.

I fast forwarded recording. Monster. Sansa was raped. no Question. cruel as hell. My heart is broken for her. Poor thing. Sad, hateful. preview though, looks like Ramsay is leaving Winterfell to engage in a hunting game with Stannis. Time for Sansa to play. Seriously, glad not a graphic nudity or even flesh. Very greatful for that but seeing / hearing Sophie/Sansa suffering breaks my heart to pieces. Completely. This was so unnecessary.

So the switch the fArya story line to include Sansa. Now Sansa is being protected by schemer extraordinaire LF, and his master plan is to serve her up to the Boltons as a peace offering, then get the Vale and the Rock to ally in an attempt to defeat whichever army happens to be occupying Winterfell so that he can become Warden of the North (cause thats a sweet job). What? Why?

Oh yeah get Sansa sexed up. Fuck this show and fuck D&D. I am no (insert linguistic mastermind here) but I could write better than that.

i think i may be done watching the show tbh. this season has been terrible in my opinion. it seems like the lack of book plot lines has led them to just come up with whatever the hell they want, and of course they have to just force some rape into the plot.

whatever they do as far as major plot progression goes i am just going to immediately disregard as made up so why continue watching when all i do is get irritated.

Jesus. Glad I am only reading about this and not watching.

Well that confirms what we have always suspected: D&D are in the Sansa deserves to get raped portion of the the fandom. I wonder if GRRM will comment on this at all.

Bad stuff happens to people in the books and the show. It doesn't mean the writer/show runners think that a particular character "deserves" it. Did Ned "deserve" to get his head chopped off. Its fiction and its drama.

Again, the issue is not that people think it's out of character, it's that the writers made that change, and got to the wedding quickly when there was no need.

Yeah. People are mad because of the unnecessary change, not because the scene doesn't make sense within the story.

Surprised people aren't mentioning how the Dorne scenes in this episode were honestly the worst, most clumsy, irrational and terribly put together scenes in the history of the show. The acting was terrible, it made no sense how the Sand Snakes were just there in some unspecified underground area at the EXACT right time. We had no scene leading up to that moment establishing what the hell their plan was. The fight itself was so badly edited, it was hard to watch. And the fact the entire Water Gardens are this one Spanish location - it makes it look like a pantomime set. And why is there no desert in Dorne!? And what the hell did Jaime think was going to happen!? This is so bad. I honestly can't anymore, I just can't.

And with that end scene to top it off. Fuck, they've butchered Sansa's arc and character and I among countless others won't forgive them for that. There was fundamentally no need for the rape to be included in her arc. And no it is not necessary to swing Theon back to 'Theon' - they could have achieved that a million other ways.

Done with this show.

I just hope some advocates find what happened to Sansa empowering in some way because that's the only possible upside to what just happened.

No offence but empowerment thought rape is one of the nastiest and sexist tropes out there.

Sansa still had it much better than poor Jeyne Poole. People outraged by this are hypocrites.

They would be hypocrites if they for some reason were OK with what Jeyne survived, which no one did. What she went through is almost unanimously considered as the most traumatic moment of ASOIAF.

Archived