[Book Spoilers] EP506 Discussion

LF still has an alliance with crown. LF still had to distance himself from Sansa or risk Cersei's wrath. It made more sense to use Sansa as a pawn to make Cersei think the Bolton's were betraying her to secure the North, and get her blessing and decree for the title of Warden of the North.

I don't get why they just didn't stick to the book plot it's a much better story than the one they're telling.

its sad to see how some people assume that they know how to run the show better than 2 highly accomplished men who are counselling with GRRM himself

By that standard, no audience member can judge anything in entertainment.

its sad to see how some people assume that they know how to run the show better than 2 highly accomplished men who are counselling with GRRM himself

Uh huh....right

D&D should hire Kurt Sutter...even sons of anarchy made more sense than this show. They must have blew the fx budget on the dragons since it seems they couldn't afford the "wham" and "blammo" cut ins during Dorne.

This is hilarious!

How does LF think Cersei won't hear he was in cahoots with/at the Vale with/riding north with/at an inn where multiple vale knights were slayed by Brienne with/dealing with the Boltons regarding Sansa???

News certainly isn't traveling as fast as it did when Catelyn captured Tyrion. I guess word got around that there is no more gold in Casterly Rock!

What is sad is that this show is circling the bowl and even the untrained eye can see it. It's just lazy now. And I have a hard time thinking that GRRM even takes their calls anymore. He was probably explaining his vision and they were walking out the door "yup yup we got it George, thanks bra"

Highly accomplished? They were new at this when they started, and made use of good material to blunder their way up to here. I have seen no evidence that their skills as show runners and writers have improved over the past five years.

LF still has an alliance with crown. LF still had to distance himself from Sansa or risk Cersei's wrath. It made more sense to use Sansa as a pawn to make Cersei think the Bolton's were betraying her to secure the North, and get her blessing and decree for the title of Warden of the North.

An Alliance with the crown is no longer needed if LF holds power and influence over the combined forces of the Vale and the North. With such power, he can look to make allies with Stannis in order to down the Lannisters who are essentially isolated at this point.

He doesn't need them, at all. The story/plot makes as much sense as a Saturday morning cartoon.

Why is wrong to not agree with what the creators have just done? I have a right to my damn opinion just as anyone else. Just because someone is being paid to write for HBO doesn't mean they are infalliable or above getting criticized. You can be an apologist but I'm not.

TV Sansa needs a time machine to go back to the Vale and tell Lady Waynwood and Lord Royce that LF pushes Lysa out the moon door. Then she can chill at Ironoaks and put her feet up until its all over and then marry one of the Waynwood younger sons and get Winterfell back when everyone else is spent.

This! I dont even understand why she would decide to leave the Vale anyways, much less with LF!

If Lord Royce had the balls he seemed to have, he wouldn't let the next heir of Winterfell go on a horsey ride around Westeros even if LF was innocent of killing Lysa, even if LF was technically her Uncle by marriage. She is in 100 times more danger outside of the protection of the Vale!

Sansa shouldve sat back in the Vale protected and safe until they know how the North works itself out... like the books have it.

What is sad is that this show is circling the bowl and even the untrained eye can see it. It's just lazy now. And I have a hard time thinking that GRRM even takes their calls anymore. He was probably explaining his vision and they were walking out the door "yup yup we got it George, thanks bra"

i still beileve that this will all start to make sense in the end. Certainly when the books catch upto the show, we might see that they have reached the same destination, even though they took slightly different routes

Well I don't know about you guys, but I feel sick right now.

And LF is clearly playing Cersei. I imagine he'll ride up with his Vale soldiers and his jetpack at the opportune moment to turn the tide of the battle for Winterfell, or something to that effect.

I hope Sansa kills them all at this point.

Not trying to start a wildfire but I do find the criticism of the Sansa scene making much sense within the context of her losing independence compared to her book counterpart. If anything, she is set to become more of a player, much sooner, than is the case in the books. She does not have Littlefinger to rely on for one. I actually suspect she is going to engineer the downfall of the Boltons by herself.

Archived