[Book Spoilers] EP506 Discussion

This is rape. She is scared and in pain and he continues without a care. This is rape. This is legalized rape because she is his property, but it's still rape. It's disgusting and the fact that they decided to do this storyline with Sansa when she is not even going through this in the books says alot about Dumb and Dumber and their ideas of female empowerment. I am not watching anymore episodes. This was glaringly exploitive and done solely for shock value. Sansa didn't need this to get darker or to want revenge. This is utter bullshit and the fact that anyone agreed to this is crazy as fuck. HBO what were you thinking?

We've been seeing where this Sansa storyline was going from the start but it was all "don't cry rape before it actually happens! let's wait and see!" except now that it did happen, it's "it was Ramsay, what did you expect?" Wtf. THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT WE EXPECTED AND THAT'S THE PROBLEM. This isn't about Ramsay, it's about SANSA. I was kinda done with the show since the end of last season but now it's official. Bye-bye.

How does LF's plan make sense to anyone? He already had everything he needed to become warden of the north. I'm struggling to find any reasoning that makes sense of him giving away one of the most valuable people in westeros to the Boltons, who are effectively his enemies.

Though this episode's big discussion is about Sansa, I was also disturbed by the kiss between Trystane and Myrcella. Sure, they're supposed to be of an age, but the dude playing Trystane looks like he is in his mid-twenties, while she is clearly under 18.

And Bronn is a dead man. If Tyene's knife didn't have poison on it, then Hotah will surely take his head. After all, he did punch the heir to Dorne in the face.

Why was Tyene swinging those daggers like she was in a pillow fight? At least the other actresses seemed to have some command over their weapons. Tyene is who made that scene truly painful.[/re-watching it now]

That whole scene was a barnyard musical. They should be ashamed of themselves in the editing room

women should never be violated the way we just saw. Her submission to it because it is what is expected of her, is disturbing, and in another way, hopefully a step forward for women to understand that ANY GUY WHO EXPECTS YOU TO DO THIS IS NOT WORTH OF YOUR TIME. But look it is not your fault this happens. People are persuasive. Men especially. They are out to get you in many ways. vet your partners.

anyway.

at the same time you take this character who has been thru so much and you subject her to this? nimrod neanderthals might actually take this as endorsement of their misogyny?????

Nobody reading this would ever think that way but believe me when I say some will.

virginity means different things to different cultures and you will respond to its removal as you see (from "who cares I lost it at 14" to "death sentence" ) fit

to me? I'm revolted. But the scary thing to me is, it does not mean I will stop watching. It means I want her to get revenge. Violent, immediate, and permanent revenge.

Maybe that was the point.

Sooooo many things wrong with this episode. The sand snakes....what a HUGE disappointment! Poor acting, or writing - hard to tell which. Fight scene was really poor quality - should have recruited the choreographer from Kit Harrinton's fight scenes in Pompeii (crap movie but great gladiator and fighting scenes) are they going to skip the blind Arya part? That was one of my favs. Beyond disgusted with what they do with Sansa. was really hoping she had a dagger up her sleeve and was going to kill him when she turned around. Theon - 30 seconds of Oscar worthy at the end. I seem to remember somewhere in the books (vol 1 or 2) that LF stated how he wanted to take down the stark and tully households for his humiliation with Brandon and Catelyn.

I thought she'd pull out a dagger, too.

I just thought Sansa had finally learned how to stop being a victim. Looks like not. (I know I'll get jumped on by Sansa fans, but jeez!)

TV-Sansa would have been better off leaving King's Landing with the Hound.

TV Sansa needs a time machine to go back to the Vale and tell Lady Waynwood and Lord Royce that LF pushes Lysa out the moon door. Then she can chill at Ironoaks and put her feet up until its all over and then marry one of the Waynwood younger sons and get Winterfell back when everyone else is spent.

I'm still confused as to why LF dropped Sansa off at WF to be raped. He could have become warden of the north through unifying the North and the Vale through a marriage pack between Sansa and Robben and downing the Boltons. Instead he gives them the hostage they need to hold the region just so the writers can add a shock rape scene.

This show is garbage.

LF still has an alliance with crown. LF still had to distance himself from Sansa or risk Cersei's wrath. It made more sense to use Sansa as a pawn to make Cersei think the Bolton's were betraying her to secure the North, and get her blessing and decree for the title of Warden of the North.

I'm still confused as to why LF dropped Sansa off at WF to be raped. He could have become warden of the north through unifying the North and the Vale through a marriage pack between Sansa and Robben and downing the Boltons. Instead he gives them the hostage they need to hold the region just so the writers can add a shock rape scene.

This show is garbage.

Pretty much

This littlefinger plot makes no sense to me

I guess I can wait and see, but its doubtful that a plot made in a few weeks/months can be better than any plots developed in years by GRRM

The Dorne stuff really is problematic. It doesn't explain why the Sand Snacks were bad in their first scene too, but I suspect the reason the fight was lame was that they had only limited time to film on that location and, even though they obviously would have practiced beforehand, just weren't able to get it looking right before they had to leave. At least, I hope that's why. I'm not sure otherwise why such a talented choreographic crew would screw up blocking the fight so badly.

Not going to get too mad yet until we actually see how it plays out but yeah, it looks terrible. They've also seemingly ignored the whole damn reason for the marriage in the first place. Still it was better than the "taming Ramsay" ideas that were suggested by some. The Theon arc can basically carry the show from here.

Good to see Stannis facing difficulties in the preview, get that underdog status Stan. If the Siege of Winterfell just ends with the Vale coming in and killing everyone then yeah, I'll be finished with that shit.

Dorne is basically a parody of the show. I actually felt embarrassed watching it. Amazing how that was produced, acted out and approved. Like seriously amazing.

I think it would be better to say we don't what the fate of book Sansa is yet so we can make a fairer comparison. Are we to assume that something equally horrific happens in the books too?

I thought that I read somewhere that GRRM said that none of his POVs would be getting raped in the future books.

This is rape. She is scared and in pain and he continues without a care. This is rape. This is legalized rape because she is his property, but it's still rape. It's disgusting and the fact that they decided to do this storyline with Sansa when she is not even going through this in the books says alot about Dumb and Dumber and their ideas of female empowerment. I am not watching anymore episodes. This was glaringly exploitive and done solely for shock value. Sansa didn't need this to get darker or to want revenge. This is utter bullshit and the fact that anyone agreed to this is crazy as fuck. HBO what were you thinking?

:agree:

I thought she'd pull out a dagger, too.

I just thought Sansa had finally learned how to stop being a victim. Looks like not. (I know I'll get jumped on by Sansa fans, but jeez!)

But hey, at least Mr. Eko made an appearance....so there's that....

Archived