[Book Spoilers] EP506 Discussion

Jesus. Glad I am only reading about this and not watching.

Well that confirms what we have always suspected: D&D are in the Sansa deserves to get raped portion of the the fandom. I wonder if GRRM will comment on this at all.

Yes it is a bad scene due what is happening on the screen.

However, people were acting we were going to see what happen to Jeyne Poole on the show. It was horrible but having a little perspective it was on the tamer side than many other shows.

Surprised people aren't mentioning how the Dorne scenes in this episode were honestly the worst, most clumsy, irrational and terribly put together scenes in the history of the show . . .

Thanks for the mention of this. While the Sansa scenes were a change from the books, at least they were well written and acted. The Dorne fight scene was the very definition of atrocious.

I fast forwarded recording. Monster. Sansa was raped. no Question. cruel as hell. My heart is broken for her. Poor thing. Sad, hateful. preview though, looks like Ramsay is leaving Winterfell to engage in a hunting game with Stannis. Time for Sansa to play. Seriously, glad not a graphic nudity or even flesh. Very greatful for that but seeing / hearing Sophie/Sansa suffering breaks my heart to pieces. Completely. This was so unnecessary.

Hate to say that, but technically that is no rape

Thanks for the mention of this. While the Sansa scenes were a change from the books, at least they were well written and acted. The Dorne fight scene was the very definition of atrocious.

They found the worst actors for the Sand Snakes. Their entire plan was rushed and out of their character. Not to mention that Jaime and Bronn arrive at the same time they do. Seriously? Lmao!!

Surprised people aren't mentioning how the Dorne scenes in this episode were honestly the worst, most clumsy, irrational and terribly put together scenes in the history of the show. The acting was terrible, it made no sense how the Sand Snakes were just there in some unspecified underground area at the EXACT right time. We had no scene leading up to that moment establishing what the hell their plan was. The fight itself was so badly edited, it was hard to watch. And the fact the entire Water Gardens are this one Spanish location - it makes it look like a pantomime set. And why is there no desert in Dorne!? And what the hell did Jaime think was going to happen!? This is so bad. I honestly can't anymore, I just can't.

And with that end scene to top it off. Fuck, they've butchered Sansa's arc and character and I among countless others won't forgive them for that. There was fundamentally no need for the rape to be included in her arc. And no it is not necessary to swing Theon back to 'Theon' - they could have achieved that a million other ways.

Done with this show.

Goodbye. Don't post again. lol

The Dorne scenes are the worst of the show. And I love the show more then the books. Dorne has been the first disaster of the show. At least it hasn't been too much screen time.

How can you say they ruined Sansa's arc when you don't even know the end of it for this season?

was it easy to watch Drogo bend dany over and fuck her while she cried? But that's such a loooooove story!!!

:agree: That scene was far far worse then the treatment that Sansa got, plus it was more graphic and no fade to black.

The Dorne scenes can go away with the Grey Worm/Missande scenes, I wouldnt really miss them at all.

Sansa still had it much better than poor Jeyne Poole. People outraged by this are hypocrites.

See that's sort of the thing I can't get past. This was like a thousand times tamer than the book only more effective because it was a character we care about. It was actually probably the more economical thing to do. Especially because it makes a lot more sense for everyone's motives now. I can see this being the thing that infuriates Jon enough to blow a fuse and proclaim a march on Winterfell against his better judgment, it makes more sense as a LF ploy to get the throne involved and get both the Vale and North, and it really can be the catalyst for Sansa becoming a player, not to mention it makes Ramsay more horrific without having to go to the deep ends the books do.

Well, at least it wasnt shown on TV but Im surprised they didnt go that far..I still want to believe this is all meant to be for Theon's arc to redeem himself..rather than 'prepare' her for her husband hes forced to watch

Just hearing it was bad enough TBH

They found the worst actors for the Sand Snakes. Their entire plan was rushed and out of their character. Not to mention that Jaime and Bronn arrive at the same time they do. Seriously? Lmao!!

The choreography, in particular, was horrid. It was difficult to tell what was even going on.

Surprised people aren't mentioning how the Dorne scenes in this episode were honestly the worst, most clumsy, irrational and terribly put together scenes in the history of the show. The acting was terrible, it made no sense how the Sand Snakes were just there in some unspecified underground area at the EXACT right time. We had no scene leading up to that moment establishing what the hell their plan was. The fight itself was so badly edited, it was hard to watch. And the fact the entire Water Gardens are this one Spanish location - it makes it look like a pantomime set. And why is there no desert in Dorne!? And what the hell did Jaime think was going to happen!? This is so bad. I honestly can't anymore, I just can't.

And with that end scene to top it off. Fuck, they've butchered Sansa's arc and character and I among countless others won't forgive them for that. There was fundamentally no need for the rape to be included in her arc. And no it is not necessary to swing Theon back to 'Theon' - they could have achieved that a million other ways.

Done with this show.

I said it before and will say it again, it looks D & D are not capable to write a decent story as soon as they decide to deviate from GRRM's original novel, this is THE worst season so far in this series, not only the Dorn scene makes no sense, the plot of the faith, the north, the slaver bay and Tyrion all bad, now I start worrying about the future of this show

Archived