[Book Spoilers] EP506 Discussion

He'll go poublic when his position is secure. His position was secure. He has Sansa, he had Robben, Stannis was already in the North ready to deal death to both the Boltons and the Lannisters.

If this were written intelligently, as the books are: Sansa would be married to Robben, the north & the Vale would have combined forces, those forces would have made a pact with Stannis's armies to down the Boltons. With the Boltons taken care of, they'd be able to shift their focus to the crown.

And we all live happily ever after. :lol:

The worst part is that if you are going to bash the show, at least bash the portions of the show that are actually terrible (i.e., Dorne), not the scenes that are well written and well acted.

Sophie Turner was great in tonight's episode. The Sand Snakes? Not so much.

I agree. I love the show and even I hate the Sand Snakes. I can't even find show lovers who like them. Just badly done. Well, no show is perfect.

The amount of "I'm done with this show" posts is becoming laughable. If at this point you still aren't aware that significant changes are coming, you're either dense or delusional. Why waste time sitting on here ranting about it week after week?

I am honestly tempted to mark down the names of all the users that say they are through with the show, just to laugh when I see them posting this same time next week.

SANSA IS NOT JEYNE POOLE D&D you goddamn idiots.

Shes going the same place as the books (leaving with Theon and getting rescued by Brienne/ captured by Stannis), despite all the character development to a player. She's now Jeyne Poole who was in a whorehouse for a few years, ofcourse she is weak.

Sansa OTOH, was at kings landing battling Joffrey, then in the Vale and one upped Littlefinger, yet here she is, will basically be Jeyne poole. Weak.

I wouldn't know if Books 4 and 5 would make good television as they wont/didn't make it to the screen. What I do know is that the show isn't good television, but garbage

Then why are you wasting your time watching garbage? I'm sick of people complaining about the show and then still wasting time watching it. Go watch something else.

Constructive criticism is fine. People didn't like the Sand Snakes. I didn't like them. But if the show is garbage to you, why are you even here?

I'm interested in hearing how they keep Sansa from becoming Pregnant, and also, how they find her a husband of renown down the line after her vagina's been massacred? Great writers that they are, I expect them to come up with something brilliant.

Finding her a new husband is easy. You just have to kill the current one.

Not everyone thinks that way. I think people shouting this kind of spin the most are those invested in making D&I'd"'s version successful by trying to brainwash everyone. I guess I am weird and stupid because I actually enjoyed AFFC and ADWD.

You're not stupid. AFFC and ADWD are not bad books, and I personally enjoyed both of them. But they are just not made for TV... at all.

The worst part is that if you are going to bash the show, at least bash the portions of the show that are actually terrible (i.e., Dorne), not the scenes that are well written and well acted.

I have to agree with this. Dorne has no similarities with the books and it's a lot harder to see how they will reconcile it. Unless the theories about Trystane being Aegon end up being true. But right now it's so weird. Feels like the Jamie and Bronn comedy hour. By far the biggest misstep of the season. Atleast in generalities whats happening with the Vale/Winterfell/Starks/Boltons/Stannis/Wall/LF is generally going on in broad strokes.

Dorneidk.

The thing is that the dorne plot is so weird that I don't even know what to say.

Because books 4 and 5 are not good television. Actually, if they followed the books it would have ruined the entire show. They can't introduce that many new characters and put the main ones on the backburner. Not the mention Sansa, Jamie, Brienne, and many more would have much worse or slower storylines.

At least it would have made sense cause the show is making no sense.

Plus books 4 and 5 does have enough material to make it interesting.

Well I don't know about you guys, but I feel sick right now.

And LF is clearly playing Cersei. I imagine he'll ride up with his Vale soldiers and his jetpack at the opportune moment to turn the tide of the battle for Winterfell, or something to that effect.

I hope Sansa kills them all at this point.

I think that is the whole point. LF is drunk on his belief in himself as the master schemer but really he is like Cersei, he can plot but he can't govern.

Like it or not, LF's plan makes sense. He is playing the Boltons and Stannis off against each other and setting matters up so that he can march an army in from the Vale to defeat whoever survives the battle. And unlike both Stannis and the Boltons, he will have the support of the North fighting to save the last surviving Stark.

What he doesn't know is that Theon didn't kill Sansa's brothers and Sansa is likely to find out.

I think its going to be a bit more than just Brienne rescuing Sansa, she is going to get some punches in herself.

The amount of "I'm done with this show" posts is becoming laughable. If at this point you still aren't aware that significant changes are coming, you're either dense or delusional. Why waste time sitting on here ranting about it week after week?

I completely agree. They have become the trolls of this forum.

Do you know what I do with shows that are "garbage" or that I am "done with"?? I don't watch it and I certainly do waste time coming to the shows forums.

I am admittedly in disbelief about how bad Dorne has been so far. They need to focus the rest of the Dornish scenes on Alexander Siddig and Indira Varma. I am hoping that they do the "Princess in the Tower" chapter with Ellaria Sanda rather than Arianne Martell. At least give me that.

Completely valid for people to think that. They are saying **** character developement, we have to get to the same place as the books.

Thats bad writing. Show has basically jumped the shark with this one episode, not because it is different from the books, because of the writing and lack of consistency.

Archived