[Book Spoilers] Rant and Rave Without Repercussion

I'm so relieved this thread has now opened.

Sometimes I enjoy these threads more then the show itself :love:

Only sometimes? ;)

Yep, glad you brought this up, totally agree. Glad JonCon didn't make the cut, or I bet they would've made him getting greyscale after banging some Stone Men.

Yes, my feelings exactly!

The way I see it, book slayers D&D are doing us all a big favor. I was worried my investment in the show would clash with my larger investment in the books. I'd be compelled to witness the unfolding of one of my favorite series before I had a chance to experience it properly. Nice guys D&D made sure they ruined things so profoundly, who even cares what they "spoil?" Their telling is so foreign and unrecognizable; they could reveal "R+L" really does equal "J" and I'd have to question if that means it's not true in the books.

I do feel it's a completely different story now. Doesn't matter if they end with GRRM's finale. It's as different as taking Concorde or riding a donkey to the same city. Totally different experience, in every way.

To be honest the talk of different roads and butterflies becoming dragons and his release of the sample chapter suggests he is annoyed but has made his peace with it (he has known for months this is coming). He maybe obliged not to dis the show, but if it blows up in the media like the Cersei/Jaime scene then he may make further comments.

I agree.

Does anybody else think the realeased Sansa chapter was GRRMs way of saying fuck you to D&D? Like it is so far away from anything that happens to her on the Show, it's the only way it makes sense to me...

I do, very much so.

So, apart from all the stupidity and atrocity already highlighted in the thread, I can't help feeling that having Sansa say Tyrion was kind and understanding, etc., is hinting at a future Sansa/Tyrion rapprochement (a place I'd be surprised if GRRM went there).

And I just watched their video on the House of Black and White, and I think I understand part of the problem with their budget and them only able to film 10 episodes a year, their resource allocation is messed up.

In the video they show you that they meticulously made 600+ unique faces props for that scene.

Now I appreciate the dedication of creating realistic sets and props for a show. But if that is not overkill I don't know what is. The truth of the matter that scene is not shot close enough for you to see the uniqueness of all those faces. They could have easily made 30-40 faces and that scene would have come out every bit as good. But the fact that they created 600+ faces just tells me they are spending their budget on the wrong things. The same is true for that overly elaborate Halberd thing that Areo Hotah is carrying around. Just make a nice plain axe. Hotah doesn't need a jewel encrusted weapon.

And I just watched their video on the House of Black and White, and I think I understand part of the problem with their budget and them only able to film 10 episodes a year, their resource allocation is messed up.

In the video they show you that they meticulously made 600+ unique faces props for that scene.

Now I appreciate the dedication of creating realistic sets and props for a show. But if that is not overkill I don't know what is. The truth of the matter that scene is not shot close enough for you to see the uniqueness of all those face. They could have easily made 30-40 faces and that scene would have come out every bit as good. But the face that they created 600+ faces just tells me they are spending their budget on the wrong things. The same is true for that overly elaborate Halberd thing that Areo Hotah is carrying around. Just make a nice plain axe. Hotah doesn't need a jewel encrusted weapon.

Completely agreed. I've been thinking this since it was revealed that Dany's blue outfits in season 3 were all completely different, each with unique embroidery...

The way they film/edit the footage means that no one notices any of these details, so why waste so much money on them?

Where in the world do Arya, Brienne and Margaery come as "normal" but powerful women across for you?

If anyone you should have mentioned Olenna and Catelyn. But it doesn't matter. And I don't say that some male

character didn'T have it bad, either.

I JUST say that Sansa's storyline (no matter what her storyline in the books was or will be), is PERMANENTLY

being victimized, without any logical reason but for the mere shock effect.

Theon had some say in what happened to him, and to some degree he deserved it.

Varys was victimized as a child but now he is one of the great players in the world. The Unsullied are freed by Dany.

Its all just dumb shock effects, but most of the personal stories make at least sense in the overall storyarchs.

But this Sansa-bs is just one thing too many.

And yeah, Dany's random behaviour isn't great either.

So in the end - the show started to suck (not mentioning the lowlevel scenes in Dorne this episode)

all on its own, without comparing it to the books. And now, lets submerge into silence on this damn matter.

Ok this is exactly what is said earlier. How can you easily say chopping off dicks made sense. Theon deserved it? Wtf!

Well if he did then so did Sansa raped.

Baelish gave her a choice, to stay in the Vale. She could have married Robin Arryn. The vale is powerful. Yet She chose dumb knowing fully how cruel boltons are

No one Fucking "deserves" anything for what they did.

Ned was for shock

Theon was for shock

Sansa was for shock.

My only complaint is So many just felt D&D ruined it only now.. Remained silet for 5 episodes of horseshit and complain only now.

I don't even know what to say, tbh.

I'm starting to miss Dany's character being butchered at this point - at least that's only bad/laughable and not downright offensive.

I hope HBO loses some serious subscriptions for what they've done to Sansa.

i want to know how you feel about tyrion scene where he talks about dany ...i didnt like it but i cant say exactly what iam thinking ...

but it looks more and more like dany will become more and more clueless and rash to solving the problems only to be saved by st tyrion

Now I appreciate the dedication of creating realistic sets and props for a show. But if that is not overkill I don't know what is. The truth of the matter that scene is not shot close enough for you to see the uniqueness of all those faces. They could have easily made 30-40 faces and that scene would have come out every bit as good. But the fact that they created 600+ faces just tells me they are spending their budget on the wrong things. The same is true for that overly elaborate Halberd thing that Areo Hotah is carrying around. Just make a nice plain axe. Hotah doesn't need a jewel encrusted weapon.

Agree 100%

:agree:

Could have spent more time making Danys hair look natural.

i want to know how you feel about tyrion scene where he talks about dany ...i didnt like it but i cant say exactly what iam thinking ...

but it looks more and more like dany will become more and more clueless and rash to solving the problems only to be saved by st tyrion

I fully expect this all to be a set up for Tyrion to play the hero.

Wrong. Fundamentally wrong. If you think the reason for doing these things was 'shock' then you seriously misunderstood everything that happened in those books.

So did the rape. When you merge a character you get this.

I promised myself that I would not watch this particular episode yet here I am, wishing I never did. The ending was just horrible and the thought of that particular scene just makes me sick. The best part for me had to be Bronn saying what I was thinking. I am still crying on the inside with that ending though.Its becoming pretty apparent to me that, LF just cares about LF, marrying Sansa to the Boltons was just a way to further his agenda, by discrediting the Boltons. And really? A birthmark, Loras is going to trial because of a birthmark, that the high septon didn't even prove was there? All in all, despite everything, Alfie Allen is turning out to be one of my favourite actors.

I fully expect this all to be a set up for Tyrion to play the hero.

iam thinking maybe he will control drogon and fly with while dany watches in despair

"Wait stop the carriage, smells like shit for 5 miles! Why is the carriage stopped? Get moving!"

lol exactly my thought ...why do you even stop in the first place

but i have to say i liked cersei acting like tywin writing letters when on a meeting

Dorne: I enjoy Bronn and Jamie, but the Sand Fakes suck in the show and Bronn's pun was unbearable.

LF: Littlefinger is a dumbass in the show. First, why doesn't he Sansa in the vale and lie to cersei, and if Stannis wins he'll probably hang LF.

KL: It's alright as long as they do Cleganebowl

Sansa: Alright show Sansa is so weak book Sansa would've puled some S1 Dany shit and made Ramsay her bitch.

Archived