[Book Spoilers] Rant and Rave Without Repercussion

Arianne, the Griffs and the Greyjoys...

They all dodged a bulet.

Imagine Arianne being raped, JonCon being a promiscuous whore and Victarion doing nothing but compete with Euron over who can say the most oneliners...

Oh and the raping.....Euron and Vic, oh hell no what am I thinking D&D would have made Victarion an awesome dude bro.

They all dodged a bulet.

Imagine Arianne being raped, JonCon being a promiscuous whore and Victarion doing nothing but compete with Euron over who can say the most oneliners...

Oh and the raping.....Euron and Vic, oh hell no what am I thinking D&D would have made Victarion an awesome dude bro.

Now that group therapy is live, here are some things I've said from other threads:

It's nice to get it all out, isn't it? Kudos to you for braving some of those other threads. I considered it, but a lot of those comments are just sickening.

WRT the conflict between Cersei and Magaery, they've got a perfectly good storyline in AFFC, so why not follow it? Why include a plot as far fetched as the King's brother-in-law and heir to Highgarden being put on trial for homosexuality, particularly as there's no evidence from the books that homosexuality is treated as a crime in Westeros (it seems to attract a degree of social disapproval)?

My guess is they think a modern audience wouldn't understand how dangerous an allegation of infidelity could be for a Queen in a medieval setting. But, everyone's heard of Islamic State and the Taliban killing homosexuals.

WRT the conflict between Cersei and Magaery, they've got a perfectly good storyline in AFFC, so why not follow it? Why include a plot as far fetched as the King's brother-in-law and heir to Highgarden being put on trial for homosexuality, particularly as there's no evidence from the books that homosexuality is treated as a crime in Westeros (it seems to attract a degree of social disapproval)?

My guess is they think a modern audience wouldn't understand how dangerous an allegation of infidelity could be for a Queen in a medieval setting. But, everyone's heard of Islamic State and the Taliban killing homosexuals.

I think the interns wrote this one... and choreographed the Dorne fight scene... and wrote the spark notes D&D are "basing" this show off of. But hey, there's little time to read thousands of pages when you're pulling long hours trying to think up new ways to film a rape scene. Cut them some slack.

Here's the thing: Ramsay and fArya is just one part of the Winterfell storyline. The heart of what's happening in Winterfell is the conflict between the Northmen and the Bolton-Frey axis of evil. Ramsay's brutalization of fArya serves to escalate the tension. It can be included only in that context. If you eliminate that context, though, as has been done on the show, then the rape should be eliminated, too. Including Ramsay and fArya without any of the context which gives it meaning would be bad enough. Swapping in Sansa for fArya for a rape which no longer serves any purpose, however, is an atrocity. It's really disturbing that out of everything going on in Winterfell, this is what they chose to include - and that they dismantled several storylines to make it happen.

This. I'm done, too. I'm just sorry I didn't stop watching a long time ago, they were the smart ones.

It's nice to get it all out, isn't it? Kudos to you for braving some of those other threads. I considered it, but a lot of those comments are just sickening.

When I didn't see group therapy up, I feared it might be banned due to the fate of the last two, and I just had to vent somewhere. Unfortunately, Ding & Dong still have lots of loyalists. It's inexplicable to me how any reader or even an Unsullied could defend the show at this point, but it's a fact.

Your words are a soothing oasis in a desert of sarlaccs.

I just can't believe we've come to this point. Remember when we were still excited for the show? Now it's full-on hate-watching.

Well Dorne is getting even worse next episode. It's the episode with the infamous Tyene audition scene. Those of you who have seen it know how ridiculous it is.

But please don't blame the Sand Snake actresses. It's not their fault Ding&Dong think Dorne is all about f***ing and fighting.

Ding&Dong probably think the way they did Margaery's imprisonment is oh so clever by the way. TO me the whole thing was ridiculous.

They all dodged a bulet.

This is absolutely how they would treat the characters. I'm so thankful they are not in the show.

I tried to skip the bad comments (blatant rape/show apology) and get to some actual good discussion but I was skipping more than I was reading :frown5:

So incredibly grateful for this thread. And all of you :grouphug:

When I didn't see group therapy up, I feared it might be banned due to the fate of the last two, and I just had to vent somewhere. Unfortunately, Ding & Dong still have lots of loyalists. It's inexplicable to me how any reader or even an Unsullied could defend the show at this point, but it's a fact.

I just can't believe we've come to this point. Remember when we were still excited for the show? Now it's full-on hate-watching.

Very true. To be honest I stopped watching properly after season 3. Since then in has been in parts and almost none of this series. It is so sad. It could have been so much better.

I also don't understand the support.

Someone brought up that 3/4 of the main female characters have been raped now. Will they add a notch and have Marge raped too? I mean, who cares that she's the Queen, we all saw how much that helped her today. Who cares if Faith Talibans are hypocrites too and approve of their members raping prisoners? Stranger solipsisms have occurred on this show.

they're clearly going for the anne boleyn angle. anne boleyn's brother was punished for being gay too iirc. and its just a basic part of their streamlining i guess, cersei gets rid of two birds with one stone. escaping marriage with loras and getting rid of the supposed YMBQ

the WORST part of the king's landing storyline this episode was that it 100% proved that the entire point of aging tommen up a bit and having tommen/margaery consummate was so those sick fucks could sexualize a child and have natalie dormer naked.

D&D are the worst

Archived