Cricket 28: Come back KP, all is forgiven!

ljkeane

The England squad for the 4th Test has been announced and it looks like Lyth is getting another (final?) chance. Liam Plunkett and uncapped Mark Footit have been added to the squad, although I suspect neither will play if Wood is fully fit. I don't know much about Footit, but I remember Plunkett bowling with good pace in the early Tests last summer so he could be a decent option.

I remember someone suggesting Clarke should be moved down to five, to help his performance. Thoughts?

I think there's a good chance they'll do that if they drop Voges. Clarke's got a significantly better record at 5 and it's not like it's benefiting the team him playing at 4. Marsh should be able to slot in at 4.

The England squad for the 4th Test has been announced and it looks like Lyth is getting another (final?) chance. Liam Plunkett and uncapped Mark Footit have been added to the squad, although I suspect neither will play if Wood is fully fit. I don't know much about Footit, but I remember Plunkett bowling with good pace in the early Tests last summer so he could be a decent option.

Yeah, if they're confident in his fitness I can't see it not being Wood.

He does look a significantly diminished player when not fully fit though so there's a chance it might be one of the other two. A lot of people say Plunkett is the quickest bowler in the County Championship and he has looked ok in recent outing so he does seem like a reasonably option if necessary. I would quite like to see Footitt given a chance at some point, having a decent left arm option would be good, but throwing him in in the key test of a Ashes series seems like a big ask.

Wait.  How did I not know that there is a bloke in the England squad named Footitt?

If he gets a game I imagine that will bring Warner out of his sledging silence.

Archived