Does anyone believe Jojenpaste?

Thanks for the quote Lost Melnibonian. It's been a while, and it's an interesting passage.

Setting aside the jojenpaste theory, it's interesting that the taste of the seed paste parallels the taste of shade of the evening. At first, the taste is disgusting, but then it becomes a melange of flavors, including honey and tastes associated with fond memories. In Bran's case, it's honey, cinnamon, etc., and his mother's last kiss. In Dany's case (with the shade of the evening), it's honey, anise, cream, and "Drogo's seed." The experiences are remarkably similar.

I've noted what I think are three subtle hints in Clash and Storm of what's to come. When Jon and Qhorin were running from Rattleshirt they mixed horse blood in their oates and Jon gaged on it. Arya thought of the taste of blood--completely out of context--when she entered the weirwood cave of the BWB. And Jon gaged when Aemon gave him milk of the poppy that mingled with blood in his mouth from biting his lip.

it's 100% true. he sense his doom, he goes missing, bran is fed a bowl of mush with veins in it by people who practice blood sacrifice. cheerios it ain't.

Your perception isn't 100% proof, but I agree, it wouldn't surprise me.

Oh, well when you use an emoticon to say it, it's hard to argue with the mountain of textual evidence.

The name of this topic is "Does Anyone Believe Jojenpaste." I gave my response.

BUT, if you insist. Just because some sickly kid is MIA and Bran describes the paste as having red streaks, tastes bitter and tastes better with each bite proves nuttin'.

You are welcome to beleive. I do not. :kiss:

Bloodraven and his tree have to have been subsisting on something and there are bones all around - they were living on blood long before Bran got there.

Yes, I believe in Jojen paste - Jojen knew his purpose was to sacrifice himself for Bran to become a more powerful Greenseer and warg.

I don't believe in this theory. The quote below seems to imply that Jojen's fate (death) lies "at home" and not in the cave.

"He wants to go home," Meera told Bran. "He will not even try and fight his fate. He says the greendreams do not lie."

Jojen has seen in his green dreams that he is going to lose his life when he returns to Greywater Watch....hence why he is so depressed in the cave. The books specifically state this.

This entire Jojen paste theory is driven by the show....it's completely debunked in the books by Jojen still being alive and him seeing his death already.

I believed it 100% when I read it. It's brutal, yes, but it also makes sense and makes the whole chapter way more interesting.

Then there was this huge backlash to it and I started doubting it a little bit, so I'm not 100% sure, but I still think it's very likely. Though I guess it may be one of those things that will never be fully answered. Jojen would have to be declared missing or dead after that, but even so it will always be possible for people to deny jojenpaste.

Just like A+J=T. Even if it's true, Martin can just place some clues, make Tyrion ride a dragon and never give a definitive answer. People would be discussing the matter for decades.

I don't believe in this theory. The quote below seems to imply that Jojen's fate (death) lies "at home" and not in the cave.

"He wants to go home," Meera told Bran. "He will not even try and fight his fate. He says the greendreams do not lie."

I think he desires to go home to escape his fate, but he will not do so. He has accepted it. I don't think this contradicts.

I think he desires to go home to escape his fate, but he will not do so. He has accepted it. I don't think this contradicts.

:agree:

Jojen, a character who previously alluded to having seen his own death in a greendream, is presented as despondent and resigned to his fate in the chapter because "his greendreams do not lie," then Bran eats something similar to blood, then Jojen is gone and his sister is crying. I don't see why this theory is considered crackpot or why it's supporters are accused of trolling. It seems perfectly plausible, though obviously it has not been confirmed. All the more reason to be excited for The Winds of Winter.

Nope. I'm gonna go ahead and assume that the pause, no doubt an emotional one where Meera had to choke back her dismay, was an implied "but," so the statement can be read as, "He wants to go home, but he will not even try and fight his fate."

Nope. I'm gonna go ahead and assume that the pause, no doubt an emotional one where Meera had to choke back her dismay, was an implied "but," so the statement can be read as, "He wants to go home, but he will not even try and fight his fate."

You can go ahead and make whatever assumption that suits your stance. In my view, the natural reading of that quote implies that going home = accepting his fate.

Archived