NFL Offseason 2015 Pt 2: Deflated Debate

Demariouys Thomas was in the top-5 WR's on the NFL players' Top-100 list, and I just don't get it. He's a fucking pussy, softer than butter. I think E-Man is a far better WR.

I know you jumped of the Broncos train and I get it but I am thinking you hit your head on the way down. E-Man is pretty awesome but DT pulls double coverage almost as much as Megatron and still gets his. Hell, he was the only Bronc who decided to play in the Super bowl two years ago, racking up numbers AFTER getting his clock cleaned in the highlight Seahawks fans rewind over and over.

I stand by my comment. Before last year, I thought Wes was the only Bronco Skill player who wasn't a complete wuss. I'm not denying DT's amazing physical attributes, I'm denying his toughness. The guy's like 230 pounds and he gets pushed around by the likes of Janoris Jenkins.

Dez and Thomas signed at roughly the exact same time for the exact same deal right before the NFLPA was about to sue the Broncos and Cowboys for collusion. Hmmmmmmmm......

I, for one, can't imagine the NFL colluding. Regardless of setting WR salaries, or determining what the cap should be in the uncapped year, or stadium financing, the NFL just lets the invisible hand of the free market decide and I admire the league's restraint in not trying to enrich itself at the expense of others. 

Now is that irony or a well thought out plan? Dez and Thomas both sign very similar deals just after accusing their two clubs of colluding?!?!?!?

Imaginary conversation between Dallas and Denver..."crap, they are on to us, hey I know what we can do, let's sign them to almost exact same deals. It will look so much like collusion that we would be stupid to do it, so clearly it wasn't collusion right?"

BTW, I am a Cowboys fan through and through so I am allowed to make fun of them!

Now is that irony or a well thought out plan? Dez and Thomas both sign very similar deals just after accusing their two clubs of colluding?!?!?!?

Imaginary conversation between Dallas and Denver..."crap, they are on to us, hey I know what we can do, let's sign them to almost exact same deals. It will look so much like collusion that we would be stupid to do it, so clearly it wasn't collusion right?"

BTW, I am a Cowboys fan through and through so I am allowed to make fun of them!

I feel like the second part of that statement always hold true, regardless of the first part.

Watching a bunch of Robert Griffin-Bashing while I make my drink, and now I'm sad. I'm not sad that Griffin kinda sucks, I'm sad that Griffin wasn't just Michael Vick in disguise. 

Today I'm lifting my glass to the most exciting quarterback I've ever seen. Make no mistake, I've missed exactly two Colts games in 15 years, and I used to be mesmerized by Peyton Manning's orchestrations of the offense. Hell, I cried when he played his first game for the Broncos. But Vick?

I knew Vick was the best player on the field before I even knew what the other positions were. The way he slipped around, like a predatory creature, it didn't matter where he lined up. He could have played any position on the field except for on the lines. Can he throw? Who gives a fuck. Just give him the ball and see shit get weird! We're on defense? Have him go stand by those numbers and see what he does. This isn't a man... This is a temple to the pure essence of athleticism. On every play, there was a moment. Just a fraction of a moment immediately after the snap. Whether in shotgun or under center, everyone waited to see if he handed the ball off. We didn't care how many yards Warrick Dunn gained. We didn't care that he was a great athlete in his own right, a runner who would crack the 10,000 yard mark. No, we wanted to see Vick. When Vick had the ball in his hands, the air trembled with anticipation of greatness. You didn't watch Mike Vick play football, you fucking witnessed it. Every play was a precious gift, a moment of unbridled optimism...

Maybe we should all give young Mr. Griffin a break, and let him become himself.

Sincerely, Now-Drunk Jace. :cheers:  

ETA: Oh god, help me! I've decided to watch an exciting NFL game and I chose... Denver vs Pittsburgh Wildcard Round 2011!!!

So apparently Jim Tomsula's family's existence has been one long tragedy occasionally broken up with brief intermissions of non-tragedy. 

And to put him at the helm of the 2015 49ers is just cruel. It's like that couple who was there for 9/11, the London Subway bombings and the Asian tsunami. 

Watching a bunch of Robert Griffin-Bashing while I make my drink, and now I'm sad. I'm not sad that Griffin kinda sucks, I'm sad that Griffin wasn't just Michael Vick in disguise. 

Today I'm lifting my glass to the most exciting quarterback I've ever seen. Make no mistake, I've missed exactly two Colts games in 15 years, and I used to be mesmerized by Peyton Manning's orchestrations of the offense. Hell, I cried when he played his first game for the Broncos. But Vick?

I knew Vick was the best player on the field before I even knew what the other positions were. The way he slipped around, like a predatory creature, it didn't matter where he lined up. He could have played any position on the field except for on the lines. Can he throw? Who gives a fuck. Just give him the ball and see shit get weird! We're on defense? Have him go stand by those numbers and see what he does. This isn't a man... This is a temple to the pure essence of athleticism. On every play, there was a moment. Just a fraction of a moment immediately after the snap. Whether in shotgun or under center, everyone waited to see if he handed the ball off. We didn't care how many yards Warrick Dunn gained. We didn't care that he was a great athlete in his own right, a runner who would crack the 10,000 yard mark. No, we wanted to see Vick. When Vick had the ball in his hands, the air trembled with anticipation of greatness. You didn't watch Mike Vick play football, you fucking witnessed it. Every play was a precious gift, a moment of unbridled optimism...

Maybe we should all give young Mr. Griffin a break, and let him become himself.

Sincerely, Now-Drunk Jace. :cheers:  

ETA: Oh god, help me! I've decided to watch an exciting NFL game and I chose... Denver vs Pittsburgh Wildcard Round 2011!!!

I mean, yeah, there was nothing like in-his-prime Mike Vick. It basically broke Madden that one year because no human had ever been that fast with that kind of arm strength. Sure he didn't have "awareness" but a good Madden player could overcome that. He couldn't overcome Mark Brunell arm - goddamn, did I try. That overtime game game winning run vs., I think the Steelers, where he took off through the heart of the defense, and accelerated between two safeties who collided into one another diving after him is still one of the most sensational plays I've ever seen in my life. That was some Disney sports movie crap. RGIII is a great athlete, but he never had the effortless explosiveness of Mike Vick.

ETA: Oh, NM it was against the Mike Tice Vikings

So apparently Jim Tomsula's family's existence has been one long tragedy occasionally broken up with brief intermissions of non-tragedy. 

And to put him at the helm of the 2015 49ers is just cruel. It's like that couple who was there for 9/11, the London Subway bombings and the Asian tsunami. 

It's kind of like that ATHF episode where Frylocke builds a waterless toliet and installs it in Carl's yard. You know this wont end well. It can't.

I mean, yeah, there was nothing like in-his-prime Mike Vick. It basically broke Madden that one year because no human had ever been that fast with that kind of arm strength. Sure he didn't have "awareness" but a good Madden player could overcome that. He couldn't overcome Mark Brunell arm - goddamn, did I try. That overtime game game winning run vs., I think the Steelers, where he took off through the heart of the defense, and accelerated between two safeties who collided into one another diving after him is still one of the most sensational plays I've ever seen in my life. That was some Disney sports movie crap. RGIII is a great athlete, but he never had the effortless explosiveness of Mike Vick.

I'll never forget watching that play unfold live (and I live in "Vikings country")  :D

Reggie Wayne played what 7 games last year ?? 60 catches 700 yards.....somebody sign this guy

He had 64 catches for 779 yards over 15 games last year. Those are numbers that could be very impressive from a young guy who was the 2nd or 3rd option, but as Manhole mentioned above, Reggie's at the end of his career. He will get signed, most likely by a contender, but he'll probably not crack the 50 catch mark. I love the guy, and I'd hoped he might have 2 years left in him, but he can't create space anymore. Reggie was never what anyone could call a burner, but he always seemed open for big (and important!) plays because he was so quick with his moves and DB's had to play underneath him so that he wouldn't catch a 10 yard curl or in-route every damn play. His knee injury the other year just sapped all of his agility. If it had been an upper body injury that had knocked him out in 2013 (like the torn pectoral he got early last year should have), I think he still would have had 100 catches in him last year. But now he's a #4 option at best.

Didn't he have like a 95 overall rating in 03, with only a 50 AWR and 75 ACC?

ETA: Dudes, you gotta watch this shit. It's not vintage Vick, but it's pretty fucking sweet. I can't believe how bad TV's used to be. I'm trying to watch highlights that are only from 2003, and they're shit.

I mean, yeah, there was nothing like in-his-prime Mike Vick. It basically broke Madden that one year because no human had ever been that fast with that kind of arm strength. Sure he didn't have "awareness" but a good Madden player could overcome that. He couldn't overcome Mark Brunell arm - goddamn, did I try. That overtime game game winning run vs., I think the Steelers, where he took off through the heart of the defense, and accelerated between two safeties who collided into one another diving after him is still one of the most sensational plays I've ever seen in my life. That was some Disney sports movie crap. RGIII was a great athlete, but he never had the effortless explosiveness of Mike Vick.

FTFY

:P

Archived