NFL Offseason 2015 Pt 2: Deflated Debate

Ouch!

I am getting a bit tired of Wilson's God loving if you ask me.

Find it funny that it gets celebrated when Wilson does it... But reviled when Tebow does it. :dunno:

ETA: Oh and...

"I need you to lead her. Just not as much as you led Ricardo Lockette in the Super Bowl."

:rofl:

As someone who considers themselves a Christian, its hard sometimes to reconcile my feelings when someone starts making claims that seem ridiculous on their face. I think Florio kind of summed it up well in that column:

For those of us who believe in God but haven’t heard Him speak in an audible voice but have felt His nudge at a more vague and visceral level, a claim that He uses actual words with others can be both confusing and a bit off-putting.

And of course the comments to the article go immediately to asking what his God says about him wanting to be the highest paid guy in football. :lol:

So I haven't skimmed this thread and the last 6 pages of the last the last thread, but why is the Brady appeal taking so long?

I'm reflexively cynical about those in power, so my guess is that the league doesn't want to back down from the four game suspension and doesn't want to give Brady enough time to overturn before the four games are likely to have passed anyway.

Other theories?

(All that being said, as 2015 AFC east champion phin's fan, who thinks that upon appeal, Brady should get 8 games minimum for cheating to get past the Ravens too on the way to the super bowl, I do have a dog in this fight.)

So I haven't skimmed this thread and the last 6 pages of the last the last thread, but why is the Brady appeal taking so long?

I'm reflexively cynical about those in power, so my guess is that the league doesn't want to back down from the four game suspension and doesn't want to give Brady enough time to overturn before the four games are likely to have passed anyway.

Other theories?

(All that being said, as 2015 AFC east champion phin's fan, who thinks that upon appeal, Brady should get 8 games minimum for cheating to get past the Ravens too on the way to the super bowl, I do have a dog in this fight.)

I've been wondering the same thing. I too hope that the 4 game suspension is upheld, and like yourself, I can't claim to be objective. I have no theory as to why the decision hasn't been handed down yet.

I've been wondering the same thing. I too hope that the 4 game suspension is upheld, and like yourself, I can't claim to be objective. I have no theory as to why the decision hasn't been handed down yet.

My guess is that they are going to lift the suspension. I think the delay might be because they are investigating Wells to see how he "dropped the ball" so badly in his report.

If Brady's case is strong enough to lift the suspension, it may provide compelling evidence for them to sue Wells for failing to do his job. Finally, if there is really no case against Brady... there may be no case against the Patriots... They may be trying to determine if they have to return the fines and draft picks to the team.

Or, and I'm just throwing this out there... If you don't like it just send it right back...

Everyone involved knew what was gonna happen months ago, and now they're just padding out this 'news' story as long as they can.

I have no theory as to why the decision hasn't been handed down yet.

There probably won't be a decision for a few more weeks. Greg Hardy had his appeal towards the end of May and it hasn't been resolved yet either.

My guess is that they are going to lift the suspension. I think the delay might be because they are investigating Wells to see how he "dropped the ball" so badly in his report.

If Brady's case is strong enough to lift the suspension, it may provide compelling evidence for them to sue Wells for failing to do his job. Finally, if there is really no case against Brady... there may be no case against the Patriots... They may be trying to determine if they have to return the fines and draft picks to the team.

I would love this to be the case but I think it's wishful thinking. All the power rests in Goodell's hands -- what does he have to gain by returning draft picks and rescinding fines? He'll just piss off the other owners who wanted him to stick it to the Patriots.

I predict the Brady suspension gets dropped to 2 games, but I don't know if Brady will accept that, or press on with his lawsuit.

Archived