(Book Spoilers) Mannis 2 Society: Burning Anxiety

I screamed when it happened. Then I screamed louder when the Inside the Episode came on and BOOK SPOILER DROPED. This is the sullied's worst fear come true. Made watching the pit sequence very hard. I could not give it the proper focus. It felt disappointing, but it might have been either way.

i have never really liked stannis but don't think he acted out of character...stannis stood strong on his course, as usual...i was not surprised and even if he isn't present in the books, i believe it will be his choice...and since we don't know who actually wrote the pink letter we don't know if it was a signal for mel to light the fire...and iirc in the books we don't know exactly where stannis is at the end of ADWD

I'm not being in denial about anything, the quote is vague. It doesn't make any sense for Stannis to do this in the coming books. It makes sense for Mel or Selyse.

Sorry man. I've been a Broatheon for a while, but I'm gonna disagree. It makes absolutely no sense for Selyse. Show!Selyse? Maybe. Book!Selyse is a lot closer to Shireen than Book!Stannis.

If Stannis burns his daughter in the books despite being completely out of character quotes and the 2 being apart hundreds of miles, i won't be mad at grrm, just sad...

so what next? jon all of a sudden becomes the new king of the others? jaime goes to CR be the head of his house? every character in the books gets a 360º?? everything becomes obsolete??

David Benioff from the 5x09 Inside the Episode on Shireen's burning:

"When George first told us about this."

"WHEN GEORGE FIRST TOLD US ABOUT THIS."

"It may be that we shall lose this battle," the king said grimly. "In Braavos you may hear that I am dead. It may even be true. You shall find my sellswords nonetheless."

The knight hesitated. "Your Grace, if you are dead — "

" — you will avenge my death, and seat my daughter on the Iron Throne. Or die in the attempt."

D&D cant just fight this quote.

Excuse my language in this post, but I really don't give two shits about what happens to Stannis now. What he did is unforgivable and he's going to have to live with the fact that he murdered his only child every day for the rest of his life. At this point, I wouldn't mind if he ran into Ramsay or Brienne. From the looks of it, it looks like Brienne confronts him in the finale. I hope she drives a sword through his chest.

I don't buy that Stannis does it in the books. I buy that Mel does it, awakes the stone dragon and brings back Jon. But not Stannis.

Stannis who just sent Justin massey to get an army and put Shireen on the throne if Stannis dies? I do not buy it. I think she gets burned, but not by her dad and not on his orders. I'll see when the book comes out but I don't buy it.

We'll see, but if so that doesn't spell a good fate for Stannis, because if Mel does it at the Wall, I assume she does it on behalf of Stannis due to the Pink Letter or some other sign he's not made it (even if ti ultimately is what give Jon his resurrection). I feel like if David and Dan made the deliberate change to make it Stannis's choice, a character assault of sorts, than they are doing it under the security cloak of knowing Stannis isn't long for the story. Next week we might get a worse book spoiler of Stannis being confirmed dead. The show will probably change it now to be a revenge moment for Brienne.

A guy who flays people v. a guy who burned his own daughter? I hope the White Walkers kill them all.

Say what you want about Roose, but he never murdered his children. He may have wanted to, but thinking about it and doing it are two completely different things.

Ramsay is horrible and psycho, but who's to say if he'd kill his children? Stannis has done an unforgivable deed.

We'll see, but if so that doesn't spell a good fate for Stannis, because if Mel does it at the Wall, I assume she does it on behalf of Stannis due to the Pink Letter or some other sign he's not made it (even if ti ultimately is what give Jon his resurrection). I feel like if David and Dan made the deliberate change to make it Stannis's choice, a character assault of sorts, than they are doing it under the security cloak of knowing Stannis isn't long for the story. Next week we might get a worse book spoiler of Stannis being confirmed dead. The show will probably change it now to be a revenge moment for Brienne.

lets say in the books Mel sacrifices Shireen for Jon. In the show who will they sacrifice instead? its a plot hole.

The same will happen in the books. Mel will burn Shireen so that she helps Stannis from far away.

A guy who flays people v. a guy who burned his own daughter? I hope the White Walkers kill them all.

The others take them all.

D&D said that GRRM told them that Shireen ends up being burned. Book Stannis has not shown particular affection for his daughter, however, they are very far from each other, what makes it more likely that she'll be burned by Melisandre or her mother. Anyhow, Stannis is going to grind his teeth when it happens.

Say what you want about Roose, but he never murdered his children. He may have wanted to, but thinking about it and doing it are two completely different things.

Ramsay is horrible and psycho, but who's to say if he'd kill his children? Stannis has done an unforgivable deed.

kill them all. with fire. VALAR MORGULIS

I refuse to believe that Davos knew precisely what was about to happen. He is one of the few nice guys left on the show. He put his life on the line to save Gendry so he would almost certainly try the same with Shireen. I just don't see how Davos could continue to follow Stannis ever again after this. Ever.

Archived