[Book Spoilers] EP510 Discussion

Ran

To all the people who were saying they could still redeem Dorne in the finale. Well they didn't.

At this point it'd be easier to redeem Ramsay. Dorne was the biggest turd I've seen on tv in the last years. It makes Qarth look great.

That's one of the dumbest fucking things I've ever read.

The irony is, what he is doing, watching a show he hates every week and complaining about it none stop and telling everyone why it sucks and why they shouldn't like it, but continuing to watch it, is a lot closer to staying with a boyfriend who beats you.

Has anyone ever wondered whether Melisandre told Stannis what he needed to hear to get him to do what she wanted him to do, and that everything she's led him to, she led him to on purpose? Maybe she saw exactly what was going to happen to Stannis and knew that it needed to happen because she also saw what happens next or as a result. And once she realized that her work was done, she went back to Castle Black because she knew she needed to be there for Jon. I don't remember where she is at this moment in the books, but I know she's not at Castle Black, so I've always wondered how Martin will get Jon out of this. I've always believed he'd be brought back somehow (because then what was the point, really), I just don't want Jon to be some Pet Cemetery version of himself like Lady Stoneheart...

I'm pretty sure she is at Castle Black throughout in the books. She never follows Stannis into battle—Mel, Shireen and Selyse stay at Castle Black while Stannis and his banners march out.

Has anyone ever wondered whether Melisandre told Stannis what he needed to hear to get him to do what she wanted him to do, and that everything she's led him to, she led him to on purpose? Maybe she saw exactly what was going to happen to Stannis and knew that it needed to happen because she also saw what happens next or as a result. And once she realized that her work was done, she went back to Castle Black because she knew she needed to be there for Jon. I don't remember where she is at this moment in the books, but I know she's not at Castle Black, so I've always wondered how Martin will get Jon out of this. I've always believed he'd be brought back somehow (because then what was the point, really), I just don't want Jon to be some Pet Cemetery version of himself like Lady Stoneheart...

Actually.....this thought has crossed my mind. It's all part of the grand plan. Glad you brought the theory up for consideration.

I'm surprised this hasn't been brought up again.

So, a few episodes ago Littlefinger mentioned to Olenna he had a certain boy that would appease her and her family.

A lot of people thought that he meant he was giving her the guy that ratted on Loras, but given that this wasn't brought up again, I'm going to guess LF's boy is almost certainly Aegon (to be introduced next season), and that should Tommen die Margaery will again be a Widow and married off.

IN A WORLD WHERE THINGS MAKE SENSE, yes, Jon/Kit would return.

Then, this show...

But seriously, let's say Jon doesn't return next season. Who is fighting the Others? Mel? Davos? Olly? :dunno:

Obviously shirtless Ramsay and his 20 Good Men will set fire to the Night's King while he's sleeping in his underwear or something.

In winds I thought that Stannis was at Winterfell... I read the Theon chapter. D&D are complete morons as they don't understand the books at all and are doing what they will.

We don't know when the Theon chapter takes place. It was supposed to be in ADWD (I think I read that) but was cut. So theoretically, it could take place before Jon receives the pink letter. Theoretically.

It's very possible and logical that there is a huge snow bank piled up ouside the castle walls. It had been snowing for days (weeks?) prior and even with Mel's little Lord O light quick thaw, depending on the sun and how much snow was there to start there may still be a substantal amount...

It didn't look like there was much, if any, snow, in Winterfell, or outside on the plain where the armies met. Not sure what they jumped into.