(Spoilers ALL)Jon's eyes shifted in color.

Snark88

The fact that Jon can Warg will also preserve his soul....so, we won't loose his essence. Beric Dondarrion was not a Warg so he would loose a piece of himself each time he was revived. Jon may of went into Olly since that was the last name he spoke????

Just because Jon is a Targ, doesn't mean he has to be special or a hero or anything. We assumed because it was hidden/secret that it was important to the story - it usual fiction this might be the case, but these books are not usual fiction.

Like Mel, we look in the flames, see things and fit what we want around it.

AA is bs and probably has always been that way.

We don't even know with 100% certainty that he is a Targ.And if he is(like I think yeah), it has to be relevant in some way. Otherwise what's the point of all this? His mother/parentage is somehow pretty important. Otherwise why this secret/mystery about it? Dany, Tyrion, Jon and Starks are the main protagonist of this story.

For real, there's a reason Melisandre is back at the Wall now. I always was skeptical of the whole warging possibility: it would be infinitely easier to have Mel bring him back, narratively. No way he's dead yet. GRRM: "Oh, you think he's dead, do you?" This, plus his parentage, and the pop-quize GRRM gave DnD asking who Jon's mother is, all indicate that there is more to Jon's story.

I agree that is the obvious answer. And even when reading it, I was thinking he would be resurrected by Mel, especially with the "Snow" line. However, there is this small part of me that wonders if even in the books he is really dead. It would be a way for GRRM to completely destroy the fantasy tropes of prophecy and destiny, while also making a statement that in the end Jon's parentage did not mean a thing, nor the AA prophecy, none of it.

I seriously doubt it, but it would be a very bold move. Greatest likelihood from what we have seen in the show is that in the books Mel sacrifices Shireen to resurrect Jon, and Selyse hangs herself which is much more powerful I think that what the show did with Mel leaving, abandoning Stannis and coming back.

But, Mel could just be the POV into the wall now that Jon is dead. She is a POV character in the books as well so that is possible.

What a pity that they messed up Thorne. They could have left him out of this. Thank heavens atleast Edd was not involved.

I hated the fact that Sam is openly parading wanting to be with a woman, like the NW vows mean nothing, Jon is OK with all that, is he going to pass an amendment saying in light of me and my bro here openly breaking our vows I hear by allow all my sworn brothers to take wives huraaahhhhhhhhhhh.

Jon is the main hero at the wall. So obviously he has to come back but it is a pity it happens to be because of Mel. I don't understand what Mel and Davos talked about is he OK with her explanation that whole baratheon family is toast. They seemed to have quietly retired for the night wow that was easy.

Shame Ghost isn't there with Jon when he needs him. Ghost can sense danger and the direwolves know when their master is in trouble that is what makes them both lethal and yet so admiring like the dragons. Unless is dead too TEARSSSSSSSSSS.

I think the NW should all be killed for stupidity. It is done now. Whoever is left that is still got any brain which could be sam and those men that went to Hardhome need to join the Wildlings. We don't know how much Thorne knows about what happened in Hardhome hahaaa if he did and still thought Jon should be killed then he can join Stannis in the boy are you dumb category.

He cut his hair for Testament of Youth a long time ago. As Cersei Lannister would say, Hair grows back.

I've looked at that scene and pictures several times and I don't see his eyes changing.

They are leaving it ambiguous like it is in the books.

He did not cut his hair for Testament of Youth. He used a wig. You can even see the detail of it when looking closely to pictures/promo posters.

It's no more ambiguous than pink letter + Stannis execution.

this just doesn't make sense. there are essentially NO night's watch at the wall right now. the half that killed Jon won't want to work with the half that didn't. There are only 50 of them anyway.

Who is going to protect the wall? Are the wildlings going to kill the 50? the 25?

What are mel and davos going to do?

Who is going to fight the WW in the long run? Dany can't do that on her own.

If Jon is truly dead, we have

Dany + dragons

Bran + children of forest + Meera (it also doesn't make sense that Jojen would say everything depends on Bran just to have Bran join the other side as some have predicted)

Jaime????????

Briene??????? isn't she destined to die before WW

Davos and Mel

Sansa and Theon

Ayra and Ghost unless Nymeria comes out of the woods

this is one strange set of alliances with or without Dorne

And I believe all Stark children are wargs. That is only logically although Sansa will never warg as her wolf is dead and she hasn't developed her powers at all.

I noticed this too! I took it as a "tease" of Melisandre bringing him back to life next season. I don't think he'll warg into Ghost because they haven't established that he can warg, or really many of the characters warging for that matter (other than Bran), so it would not be so believable.

Also, I think they want us to believe he's dead. But he may not be done. They're going to stick to the "he's dead" story like glue until next year.

I wonder if he is given a 2nd life by Melisandre and then turns angry and vengeful like Lady Stoneheart? Maybe he comes back changed and that's where that storyline gets adapted? Just a thought

I fret not, but the whole shot sucks as compared to the closing shots from previous seasons. It pisses me off. The whole season was meh, but to do this to a freaking closing shot!!!!

Agreed. To me the best shot to end the season would have been the epilogue of the book. Everything is done and over with. Kevan Lannister is in Kings Landing at night and it's snowing. He goes to visit Pycelle and sees the white raven. Pycelle is dead. Varys comes out of hiding (we have not seen him since first few episodes) and gives his speech and then the little birds do their thing.

Maybe that will be the beginning of next season somehow?

Either way, ending the season looking at dead Jon Snow with blood pouring out of him is not epic enough.

We don't even know with 100% certainty that he is a Targ.And if he is(like I think yeah), it has to be relevant in some way. Otherwise what's the point of all this? His mother/parentage is somehow pretty important. Otherwise why this secret/mystery about it? Dany, Tyrion, Jon and Starks are the main protagonist of this story.

Perhaps showrunners don't want to bother with "he is secret Targ" storyline especially if in the books Jon saves the world and either a) dies b) stays at the Wall c) rides off into sunset. IF he never meets Dany (other than in the final battle ala Avengers), if he doesn't inherit the Throne - what is the point of the whole R+L=J in the TV series. Unlike ASOIAF where it is part of the world building and the whole mystery thing, Jon can remain a Stark Bastard and still save the world!

And all the pointers about R+L in Sansa chatting with LF could be foreshadowing to HER rape scene.

Agreed. To me the best shot to end the season would have been the epilogue of the book. Everything is done and over with. Kevan Lannister is in Kings Landing at night and it's snowing. He goes to visit Pycelle and sees the white raven. Pycelle is dead. Varys comes out of hiding (we have not seen him since first few episodes) and gives his speech and then the little birds do their thing.

Maybe that will be the beginning of next season somehow?

Either way, ending the season looking at dead Jon Snow with blood pouring out of him is not epic enough.

Unless Varys makes doubletime to KL, the only chance him doing that is at the end of next season, he'll be cooling his heels with Tyrion in Maureen. I suspect LF might take his place. Varys is TOO nice in this series, LF is depicted evilly enough in the show to do so.

Nothing to go on but I too believe there is a change that they might merge the LSH character with Jon somehow.

Jon Stoneheart

I feel it would be Sansa. Now that she escaped, she just might run into some Northern Lords. If showrunners plan to introduce ANY of the rebellios Northern Lords/aka Northern Conspiracy she might be joining them.

At this point, if Melly does resurrect Jon, I have no idea what he would do - kill the FTW conspirators - which is like the entire Castle Black personnel or escape and run into Sansa/Brienne, run beyond the Wall toward Night King / Bran.

I really hope it would be Bran/Bloodraven who somehow resurrects Jon, it would really suck if it was Melly, thought its pretty obvious it would be her.

Perhaps showrunners don't want to bother with "he is secret Targ" storyline especially if in the books Jon saves the world and either a) dies B) stays at the Wall c) rides off into sunset. IF he never meets Dany (other than in the final battle ala Avengers), if he doesn't inherit the Throne - what is the point of the whole R+L=J in the TV series. Unlike ASOIAF where it is part of the world building and the whole mystery thing, Jon can remain a Stark Bastard and still save the world!

And all the pointers about R+L in Sansa chatting with LF could be foreshadowing to HER rape scene.

About Sansa.That would be cheap,because they know how much fans care about Lyanna and Rhaegar's stories.Since "rape" is somehow key them,maybe you're right.

Whether a Targ or a Stark. With all the foreshadowing from the books,he has to be important for the endgame in some way.Many people talks about same thing...his arc is basically pointless.He let widlings through the Wall - great.Whe was decent LC and fight White Walkers.If that¨s the grand payoff.God help us all with another seasons of Saint Tyrion the perfect character.

If Stannis is dead and if Jon is dead, the Lannisters' in shabbles, the only military might to save anyone from the Whitewalkers just maybe Ramsey Bolton. He has shown a keen military mind, has won All his battles and he is all that stands between the North and the South.

Can anyone be redeemed? We were all getting on Jamies' band wagon. Can Ramsey be redeemed? Would you enjoyed being pulled along by that band wagon? Almost like the wagon in Erickson's world that the dead with Draconis struggled to pull.

Archived