(Spoilers ALL)Jon's eyes shifted in color.

Snark88

I noticed his eyes widening.

Kit has said that he has been dying to cut his hair, but can't because of the show. He still hasn't... well, not yet at least.

ETA: Remember when there was that announcement that for Season 7 the A-list actors were getting a big raise? Yeah, Kit Harrington was one of them.

His eyes did change colors. My take?

A White Walker attack is imminent. Jon will be resurrected as a wight in both books and show. In the book, warging Ghost will allow him to keep his consciousness/personality/mind/soul/whatever. In the show, they'll make shit up. Whatever the case, Jon's mind will be able to fight the White Walker's control over his own body and regain it. As he no longer needs to eat, or feels the cold, he'll be able to infiltrate the ranks of the White Walkers, venture into the Lands of Always Winter if needed and be an inside man to take them out.

Dany will burn him at the end, because she won't know any of this. That's the fate of double agents.

I noticed his eyes widening.

Kit has said that he has been dying to cut his hair, but can't because of the show. He still hasn't... well, not yet at least.

ETA: Remember when there was that announcement that for Season 7 the A-list actors were getting a big raise? Yeah, Kit Harrington was one of them.

While I do think it is a fake out. Kit said that he was mad about the raise announcement and that it wasn't true in the EW interview.

Besides, what's the point of Melisandre at the wall, then. She should have hightailed it back to Essos

Mel has proven incompetent and the Lord of Light has been proven a false god. Why do you believe Mel has the power to resurrect Dead Jon Warg of the North?

While I do think it is a fake out. Kit said that he was mad about the raise announcement and that it wasn't true in the EW interview.

That's because he doesn't get much screen time (or pay) when all he is in season 6 is a CGI direwolf.

Kit signed on for seasons 6 and 7. I think his EW interview is nothing more than D&D trying to make viewers really believe Jon Snow is dead before bringing him back next year. They want the extra buzz. If everyone knew already that he doesn't really die for good, then that scene doesn't have the same kind of impact. Jon is most definitely coming back. In the show, it will likely just be Melesandre doing it. Or else, why have her come back to the wall right before the end? In the book, I could see Jon first being in Ghost before Melesandre restores his body. This will likely be a way for Jon's soul to continue on without ever truly dying. So when his body is restored, he won't have lost any of who he is.

If the show does make Jon dead for good, or GRRM for that matter, I honestly think I'd be done. He's the one character with power that doesn't ask for it or seek it. He's just trying to fulfill his duty to protect the realms of man and even in the books where he was planning on going south to stop Ramsey, he still never tried to force others to follow him.

Besides, what's the point of Melisandre at the wall, then. She should have hightailed it back to Essos

1. OP, i see it.

2. YES TO THIS. i'm glad they made her come back to the wall cause i was really annoyed throughout the entire season that she was with stannis when she should be at the wall.

Mel has proven incompetent and the Lord of Light has been proven a false god. Why do you believe Mel has the power to resurrect Dead Jon Warg of the North?

Thoros was almost utterly without faith when Beric first died - at least he describes that in the books. Praying over Beric felt like a last resort, and lo and behold it worked. Not sure the show can do anything that sophisticated with Melisandre, though.

That was my impression - his eyes changing colour, but for what purpose? I was dying for him to say "Ghost" as he does in Dance With Dragons, or for Ghost to intuit that Jon was in trouble (THAT'S WHAT DIREWOLVES DO!), but no cigar.

Alright, I thought I was crazy. But what I noticed was his eyes lightening, as they looked darker during the pan in but that could be camera angles/lighting/whatever. I also swear I see a ripple in the shot, like a burst of "energy" as if he was leaving or separating from his body at 58:26 (of the ETTV torrent), right when his eyes lighten for me. I've watched this so many times but it is most definitely there. I'm hoping it's not just my download. He's not completely or technically "dead", it's stupid to pretend he is for whatever reason HBO chose to do that. They could have at least given us the white warg eyes. I don't approve their choice for final scene this year.

Archived