(spoilers) In my opinion GoT is not ASOIAF. <Not a Rant>

Mr Hodor

I quite disagree that the political intrigue in Winterfell's halls has been done well at all. Acting and writing aside, there's no reason for the Sansa and Ramsay wedding to happen because they never even bothered to cast a single character to represent the factions in the north that this union might bind to their cause. Likewise Bran's storyarc as Prince of Winterfell was done poorly as well, he dealt with millers and farmers instead of stewards and lords, Ramsay didn't come into existence until the third season, taking away from the multi season build up to the Red Wedding.

And let's not undersell how incredibly, ridiculously poor the Dorne storyline has been. Which is entirely political intrigue and not at all connected to the supernatural aspect of the show.

I'd agree that Breaking Bad is boring - I gave up on it out of boredom. it's the Walter White show - who gives a fuck - without seeing the ending, I knew he was going to die - so whats the point of watching one well acted toss bags journey to the grave?

Tried Mad Men recently - also boring.

I need to try the Wire again.

Sopranos was really good - but it did have long stretches of boring and a lot of plot threads did not resolve.

The Sopranos, Mad Men, The Wire, The West Wing, Breaking Bad - all have better writing than GoT (seasons 2-5). You may not like any or all of the shows I listed, but they actually have strong writing and continuity with fascinating character development.

GoT is more on the level of Scandal.

And that statement is based on what, exactly? Is there a system of measurement that I'm not aware of that can determine quality of writing? If there is, please elaborate, because otherwise, your statement is just an OPINION. Since you dislike the show so much, WHY ARE YOU HERE. Do you think people honestly give a shit about your OPINIONS? Or is your life really just that pathetic, and you have nothing better to do than post useless opinions on the internet?

I never felt the writing was Breaking Bad's strong suit tbh. There was a lot of things they did that required suspension of disbelief. It was the performances that made that show great, for me at least.

The Sopranos and The Wire are in a whole other league than GoT. I loved those shows. I only like GoT.

I never felt the writing was Breaking Bad's strong suit tbh. There was a lot of things they did that required suspension of disbelief. It was the performances that made that show great, for me at least.

The Sopranos and The Wire are in a whole other league than GoT. I loved those shows. I only like GoT.

Seriously... Breaking Bad had good writing? Like the time when Walter screwed himself over to save Jesse? Oh, I mean the 75 or 80 times. Or how about the time he had Jesse kill their cooking successor so Gustavo wouldn't kill them first? Yeah, totally believable. I mean, If I'm a crime lord, I'd just lock the two up and force them to teach someone else with their families lives the motivation. Come on people... just because you were able to look past some show's faults and not this ones doesn't mean they're any better than GoT.

Agreed, there was a ton of silliness Breaking Bad. The whole thing was always very over the top, but that was its appeal. It was fun to watch.. but nowhere near on the level of writing as The Sopranos, or The Wire. The only reason it gets thrown into that category is because Cranston did such a kickass job with that character.

Seriously... Breaking Bad had good writing? Like the time when Walter screwed himself over to save Jesse? Oh, I mean the 75 or 80 times. Or how about the time he had Jesse kill their cooking successor so Gustavo wouldn't kill them first? Yeah, totally believable. I mean, If I'm a crime lord, I'd just lock the two up and force them to teach someone else with their families lives the motivation. Come on people... just because you were able to look past some show's faults and not this ones doesn't mean they're any better than GoT.

Breaking Bad never sunk to the levels of "Bad pussy", beetles monologues, boner-activated poison, or "WHERE ARE MY DRAGONS?"

I know it's ~popular~ to attack Breaking Bad now that it's finished because of how hyped it was, but the writing was still excellent in most cases.

Breaking Bad never sunk to the levels of "Bad pussy", beetles monologues, boner-activated poison, or "WHERE ARE MY DRAGONS?"

I know it's ~popular~ to attack Breaking Bad now that it's finished because of how hyped it was, but the writing was still excellent in most cases.

Yeah I had a few problems with the writing on Breaking Bad and I did think it was a tad overrated when it was airing but the writing is head and shoulders above Thrones (barring season 1) imo.

Touche :lol:

Well i'm sorry if you need boobs and battles to find a TV show exciting...

Are you an unsullied soldier?

Yes Boobs and Battles definetly make a show more interesting. As with any movie too. That alone cannot make a show good.

GoT has a decent enough story and the show doesn't need critics opinions to get people to watch.

If you think BB is Soooo superior, head over to your BB forum and make fun of GoT, not vice versa.

A better approach on this forum would be to point out what you did not like and how stuff could have been done better.

Rather than trolling using other shows.

Yeah I had a few problems with the writing on Breaking Bad and I did think it was a tad overrated when it was airing but the writing is head and shoulders above Thrones (barring season 1) imo.

I agree that it was overrated, but it was still a great show and I find it unfortunate that it's held to a much higher standard than GoT is. If GoT was held to the same standard Breaking Bad currently is, it would completely fall apart.

Are you an unsullied soldier?

Yes Boobs and Battles definetly make a show more interesting. As with any movie too. That alone cannot make a show good.

GoT has a decent enough story that doesn't need critics opinions to get people to watch.

If you think BB is Soooo superior, head over to your BB forum and make fun of GoT, not vice versa.

A better approach on this forum would be to point out what you did not like and how stuff could have been done better.

Rather than trolling using other shows.

Yeah I was doing that back when season 3 was airing, and it was pointless because the show kept going in the wrong direction. Now I'm just annoyed that people think GoT is an example of good television.

And how the fuck am I trolling?? I said the show was badly written compared to other shows, and someone asked me for examples if I was going to "run [my] mouth". I had no intention of directly comparing GoT to other TV shows.

I quite disagree that the political intrigue in Winterfell's halls has been done well at all. Acting and writing aside, there's no reason for the Sansa and Ramsay wedding to happen because they never even bothered to cast a single character to represent the factions in the north that this union might bind to their cause. Likewise Bran's storyarc as Prince of Winterfell was done poorly as well, he dealt with millers and farmers instead of stewards and lords, Ramsay didn't come into existence until the third season, taking away from the multi season build up to the Red Wedding.

And let's not undersell how incredibly, ridiculously poor the Dorne storyline has been. Which is entirely political intrigue and not at all connected to the supernatural aspect of the show.

This a thousand times.

There was no indication whatsoever exactly how marrying Sansa made it easier for Ramsay and Roose to control the North. Well prior to the wedding Ramsay has the power to skin lords alive in their own home; how much more power did they need? "Loved the storyline" my ass.

I agree that it was overrated, but it was still a great show and I find it unfortunate that it's held to a much higher standard than GoT is. If GoT was held to the same standard Breaking Bad currently is, it would completely fall apart.

Yeah I was doing that back when season 3 was airing, and it was pointless because the show kept going in the wrong direction. Now I'm just annoyed that people think GoT is an example of good television.

And how the fuck am I trolling?? I said the show was badly written compared to other shows, and someone asked me for examples if I was going to "run [my] mouth". I had no intention of directly comparing GoT to other TV shows.

I didnt reply to you...

Yes we should continue to do so rather than some dudes who come here to write

"Haha..bb was so much better".

How else must one reply to " BB was so much better in GoT forum?

I was like.."Are we discussing BB here? How does your opinion become a fact?

I never said GoT is flawless. It had a lot of flaws. It just however is more exciting than many other "well written shows"

I completely disagree with the OP and anyone who considers that the show has depicted the political intrigue aspect well. In fact, IMO it's one of the greatest misses of the adaptation.

The actions of the players are reduced short term absurd twists with no repercussions. Pycelle is a sad joke. Varys is only there to exchange one-liners with Tyrion. The writrers haven't known what to do with Littlefinger since season 2.

Agreed, there was a ton of silliness Breaking Bad. The whole thing was always very over the top, but that was its appeal. It was fun to watch.. but nowhere near on the level of writing as The Sopranos, or The Wire. The only reason it gets thrown into that category is because Cranston did such a kickass job with that character.

A show can still be well written despite being a bit over the top.

A lot of people said Better Call Saul would flop because Breaking Bad's success hinged so much on Cranston's performances. Turns out it's actually a very good spinoff because the talent of the writers is more important than the performance of one actor.

D&D are novice perverts compared to GRRM :lol:

Not at all. I've never understood book readers issues with the shows portrayal of sex. Is it because you can't see the nudity and sex while reading so it's easy for you to overlook? The books are WAY more graphic.

Yeah, GoT just can't top a character that says "bitch" 30 times an episode. Also, the beetles monologue was to show that death doesn't always need to have meaning. And do you know what happens when you get aroused? Your heart beats faster. Which would intern spread the poison faster. You really didn't understand that part?

Archived