FTW Aftermath

Rise Above

Alliser did say that Jon bringing the wildlings back would get them all killed.

Yeah but only because he decided it was a smart idea to stab Jon. Otherwise he would be perfectly safe.

To be honest, both in the books and in the show the stabbing is a suicide act. There's just no way how they can expect to survive the reprisal. The Night's Watch itself is pretty divided over Jon and he does have some supporters, so they will be pissed. Not to mention that Jon has the support of the thousands of Wildlings, Davos (only in the show), Melisandre, Wun Wun, Tormund and Ghost. The only way how I see the stabbers survive the whole situation is when they immediately leave Castle Black and ride to the South. Otherwise they'll be dead in the morning.

This seemed to be done a lot more secretly in the show than the book - I had imagined it as a bigger event (from a scale sense). They might just be able to sleek away and claim ignorance.

Though I do expect all hell to break loose, as if they do slope off then I can see them blaming the wildlings, and hey, they are through the wall now!

They're as good as dead. If they stay at the Wall then Tormund and the thousand odd Wildlings will kill them all, Mel might even burn them if she regains her faith. And if they flee North then the White Walkers get them, flee South and Roose Bolton probably flays them for deserting, after all he is still a Northern Lord.

I'm sure they plan on blaming the Wildlings on it. They probably expect to get help from the Northerners who hate Wildlings. Not to mention all they have to do is take people like Tormund hostage to control all the rest. All at least, that's probably what they think they can do. Or perhaps they won't even tell anyone and just live amongst the Wildlings, at least for a while until they can figure out what to do.

There was a reason was it was done during the night where no one could see them.

Btw, I preferred it over the book. Killing Jon in broad daylight in front of everyone? That makes less sense.

Oh man I do hope the Night's Watch does get butchered. They bored me to tears in both show and book from the very start. Let alone that organizations you have to swear a lifelong oath for have always been suspect to me.

And good for the Wildlings, they can settle the gift and improve their lot in life. Win-win (Wun-Wun?) situation.

Blame the Wildings?

Burn him or hide his corpse?

Did he or did he not warg Ghost?

Where is Ghost?

If he warged Ghost, will he go to Sansa/help her, be her wolf?

...... They can go a dozens of places with this and since this is not the books, that makes it even more of a blank canvas.

What do you expect to go down? Can't expect Edd, Tormund, and the rest of the Wildlings to just let this go. Not to mention Ghost and Mel. Expecting to see all hell break lose once the truth is out.

They'll have to blame the wildlings in some way and possibly beg the warden of the North for help in driving these scum out of their lands. That is the only non-suicidal possibility that occurs to me.

In the show (even more so than in the books) it seems like it is the news of Stannis' defeat that emboldens them to kill Jon. It looks like they were unable to to do so upto that point due to their knowledge of the special relationship between Jon and Stannis.

They committed treason, in the books they had a way better leg to stand on. In the show they have zero leg to stand on.

Yep! In the show they just murdered their Lord Commander. In the books Jon had broken his oath and vowed to march on Winterfell.

Then show made a complete mess of it. Strange they put so much into Stannis's story yet cut the majority of Jon's out.

Archived