Rant and Rave Without Repercussion 3 (Book Spoilers)

Veltigar

The fact that Jon is only #9 on that list proves IMO how nightmarish this past season has been.

Yeah, or that technically Carol did't even make the cut (we just felt very, very strongly about including her, lol). There was so much consensus in the top 3 though, we didn't even get to touch Varys Marx.

:ack:

You know, the High Septon should just repeat that and the Beetles scene back to back until Cersei confessed - much more effective than Septa Spoonella probably :dunno:

Yup, that's what I miss the most :( Someone on Tumblr posted the gif of Arya jumping up and hugging Jon after he gave her Needle, and it's just so so perfect. I don't think he's mentioned her name since...when? And has she mentioned his name?? Has ANYONE mentioned anyone's name that they are separate from on their own accord on any regular basis? (besides Jaime and Cersei because, of course, we love Cersei. And Tyrion too will always be mentioned by every character, even Sansa before she's raped - but god forbid she mentions any of her actual family members).

I know!!! Varys is one of my favorite characters and I love Conleth, he's perfect (I see him as Varys when I read now), but yeah, him stroking St. Tyrion's ego is umm...not all that interesting D&D, despite what you guys think.

I love that Jon + Arya scene from s 1! Ah, the good old days... I miss them. :crying:

And Arya should know by now that Jon's been elected LC, she should have met Sam, I was looking forward to that.

As to anyone thinking or talking about anyone else, zero zip zilch nada. At all. Even with Jon and Sansa knowing Bran and Rickon are alive. I can't even...

Who wins?

20 good men vs The Faith Militant (armed with sticks)

Ramsay is shirted for balance purposes.

Thank God. A loincloth clad Ramsay in battle is the equivalent of a nuclear bomb explosion x 1000.

I am yes. I was always a reader and a bit of a geek though, so maybe I'm not very representative of 19 year olds ;)

And I have only been around these boards since last Februaryish

Eta: thinking on it, you possibly mean the beautiful male characters thread. If it makes you feel better I was over 18 when I joined the forums :P

LOL I was always a reader, I can see how someone as young as you (seven save me, I'm not THAT old) seems to have been around here for awhile. I've always felt......older, I totally understand what you are saying. I don't really look back and say; Damn, I was stupid at 18 or 19, maybe a bit innocent, HA I have swamp land for you, but I've always been mature, I think. I understand where you're coming from....said the crazy ole lady. :cheers:

You don't have to be 18 to oogle guys.....or to read. I was reading adult books by the time I was 13, I think. I've been oogling guys......since before I can remember. Flirting, too. :P ;)

You don't have to be 18 to oogle guys.....or to read. I was reading adult books by the time I was 13, I think. I've been oogling guys......since before I can remember. Flirting, too. :P ;)

Well lookie here, the next candidate for a walk of shame.

(EDIT: Lord, if fucking someone takes that seriously and screams their diatribe in retailiation... *groans*)

Well lookie here, the next candidate for a walk of shame.

(EDIT: Lord, if fucking someone takes that seriously and screams their diatribe in retailiation... *groans*)

No worries, I might enjoy it. :leer:

I'm kidding, I'm kidding, and I'm off to catch up more on the thread.

I immediately thought of Sansa, :P Book!TWOW Sansa though, not Darth!Bolton!Jeyne! Show Sansa.

I love that Jon + Arya scene from s 1! Ah, the good old days... I miss them. :crying:

And Arya should know by now that Jon's been elected LC, she should have met Sam, I was looking forward to that.

As to anyone thinking or talking about anyone else, zero zip zilch nada. At all. Even with Jon and Sansa knowing Bran and Rickon are alive. I can't even...

:agree:

Yup, how much you wanna bet we never get a follow up on either one. I would have loved to hear Jon talk about Bran to Sam in their last scene :crying:

LOL I was always a reader, I can see how someone as young as you (seven save me, I'm not THAT old) seems to have been around here for awhile. I've always felt......older, I totally understand what you are saying. I don't really look back and say; Damn, I was stupid at 18 or 19, maybe a bit innocent, HA I have swamp land for you, but I've always been mature, I think. I understand where you're coming from....said the crazy ole lady. :cheers:

This sounds similar to me. I'm an only child, and so I grew up around a lot of adults, and was always reading, started "adult" books really early on too - The Hobbit when I was 8 and LotR when I was 10, Silmarillion at 13. My mom's old copies from the 70's. That's what started my love of fantasy. But I've always felt older and more mature as well :) But I'm not old now, in my mid-to-late 20's (to keep it vagueish ;) ), though everyone in my grad program loves to knock my age since most are younger than me :P

Guys have always been my weakness too :P

For fuck sake, R4W13Y, you make these jokes far too easy. A walk of shame quip followed up by one related to Axell Florent, who is one sexy bastard.

OMG I had the episode open and jumped to a random place and ended up rewatching the "bad pussy" line. It's even worse than I remembered. I think I have PTSD.

WOW! That happened to me when I attempted to rewatch...I got as far as that moment and turned it off and was in a pissy mood for a while

The interwebs delivers again http://shamenun.com

:lol: this is amazing!

I agree, it's good we can laugh. Some people seem genuinely frustrated, angry, and sad about the season but I think I personally have gotten past that (I felt that way about last season and definitely felt that way this season a little bit too, but for the most part I feel like I can just roll my eyes and laugh at how stupid everything is).

Hey guys. Julia Martell and I just wrote our Unabashed Book Snobbery #3: GoT S5′s 10 Most Butchered Plotlines (actually 11 because we wanted to talk about Carol).

It's a bit of a read, mayhaps best in pieces, but I think you'll enjoy it.

This is amazing....really appreciate all the work this must've taken. Great work!

I immediately thought of Sansa, :P Book!TWOW Sansa though, not Darth!Bolton!Jeyne! Show Sansa.

Bookwise, I do feel like a combo of Arya and Sansa, which I am SURE....is something that D&D could NEVER understand, tomboys that are boy crazy, LOL

:agree:

Yup, how much you wanna bet we never get a follow up on either one. I would have loved to hear Jon talk about Bran to Sam in their last scene :crying:

This sounds similar to me. I'm an only child, and so I grew up around a lot of adults, and was always reading, started "adult" books really early on too - The Hobbit when I was 8 and LotR when I was 10, Silmarillion at 13. My mom's old copies from the 70's. That's what started my love of fantasy. But I've always felt older and more mature as well :) But I'm not old now, in my mid-to-late 20's (to keep it vagueish ;) ), though everyone in my grad program loves to knock my age since most are younger than me :P

Guys have always been my weakness too :P

Ha, I almost included the fact that I'm an only child in my post as well, I do think it figures prominently in a certain maturity. I've never been interested in LotR and Tolkien, I know.....seems strange around here. I've loved reading all kinds of things, actually....some of my first reads were....Encyclopedias. Back in the day, when they were in book form, lining peoples' libraries, LOL I guess that should count as adult reading, right?

~NO, I am NOT as old dirt~ :blushing:

Archived