Rant and Rave Without Repercussion 3 (Book Spoilers)

Veltigar

Removing the Pink Letter was a huge mistake, but they wanted their burnt Shireen cake and eat it.

But even so, they could've made it work:

"Bastard, your false king is dead. His host was smashed by 20 good men in 7 seconds of offscreen battle. Tell his red whore. I want my bride back. I want my Reek. I want the false king's Hand. I want his red witch. Give them to me and I'll leave you and your black crows alone. Keep them from me, and I will cut out your bastard heart."

Boom. There, a reasonable motivation for FTW, but the way they did it was more like WTF.

LOL...given their love for Ramsay, I'm surprised they didn't go this route.

Instead of Selyse and Shireen, he could ask for Olly. Because reasons.

Ugh, where are the Tyrells. That really is bugging me, in case that wasn't obvious already.

Another nitpick, where was Pod?

And lol, you are probably right about Euron.

As a19 year old, I would like to say I don't think I was that dumb at 18. Though, I did know some true idiots at that time: "she's racist against women!" "...you mean sexist?" :lol:

Why we got Nellcella instead is beyond me. Certainly not for her acting skills.

Probably something particularly gruesome.

Are you really 19? Now? If so, I would have never guessed, just by the amount of time you've been around the boards, and many other things.

There's even more to it than this, though I would be parroting someone else's interpretation. Even the man who tried (and may have succeeded) to assassinate one of my favorites I can sympathise with (I personally think whilst Marsh's suspicion of the Wildings was exacerbated by the Bridge of Skulls (also understandable) he did largely use it was a pretext to oppose Jon fearing certain consequences from this revolution for the Watch's safety, and the Pink Letter confirmed every single one of those fears).

I agree, I didn't mention that because I was focusing on Jon, but I really like how GRRM made Bowen Marsh's decision understandable and relatable while also having him mortally wound one of the favorite characters. I mean at every angle, every character, the arc/storyline is excellent.

Ugh, where are the Tyrells. That really is bugging me, in case that wasn't obvious already.

Another nitpick, where was Pod?

And lol, you are probably right about Euron.

As a19 year old, I would like to say I don't think I was that dumb at 18. Though, I did know some true idiots at that time: "she's racist against women!" "...you mean sexist?" :lol:

Why we got Nellcella instead is beyond me. Certainly not for her acting skills.

Probably something particularly gruesome.

You're 19?? Definitely don't see you as a 19 year old, so that proves your point nicely :) I also don't remember being dumb at 18, but who knows, maybe I just thought I wasn't :lol:

Maybe? Can you link it again? Do I even want to see it?

Yes, you do.

The books inform a lot of the theories surrounding Jon Snow – I don't suppose you have any of your own thoughts about what might happen to him?

I can definitely tell you that after all those stab wounds, he's a dead man.

[Longwinded explanation for why I don't think we've seen the last of Jon Snow followed by the acknowledgment that I know Nutter can't actually confirm or deny]

[Laughs] Anything I say would be the wrong answer!

Hey guys. Julia Martell and I just wrote our Unabashed Book Snobbery #3: GoT S5′s 10 Most Butchered Plotlines (actually 11 because we wanted to talk about Carol).

It's a bit of a read, mayhaps best in pieces, but I think you'll enjoy it.

Yes! I have very much been looking forward to this!

Hey guys. Julia Martell and I just wrote our Unabashed Book Snobbery #3: GoT S5′s 10 Most Butchered Plotlines (actually 11 because we wanted to talk about Carol).

OMG, is that first photo of Peter Pan and his lost boys that rescued Bran last year?

*casts herself to the ground and weeps*

You too are heroes.

Yes, you do.

The books inform a lot of the theories surrounding Jon Snow – I don't suppose you have any of your own thoughts about what might happen to him?

I can definitely tell you that after all those stab wounds, he's a dead man.

[Longwinded explanation for why I don't think we've seen the last of Jon Snow followed by the acknowledgment that I know Nutter can't actually confirm or deny]

[Laughs] Anything I say would be the wrong answer!

So I'm correct in thinking there's hope for Jon because this is a pretty vague and evasive answer?

I don't see anything realistic in GOT, tbh, and I hate that argument. Ramsay could have thrown confetti to Sansa in their wedding night as punishment and it would have been just as real as her decision to go there.

:lol: and I agree. This show is anything but realistic.

YAYYY! I love love love love your Book Snobbery posts :) can't wait to dig into it.

Thank you so much, the both of you, for putting so much time and effort into these for us.

I hope they never live this, Bad Pussy, Olly, Beetles, Dorne in general, etc. down.

I was annoyed that we didn't get any kind of update on the Tyrells this episode. Are they still locked up? Who was LF referring to with his 'young man' comment? Was it Lancel (in which case it is so bloody stupid) or has it simply not been revealed yet?

The fact that Jon is only #9 on that list proves IMO how nightmarish this past season has been.

Are you really 19? Now? If so, I would have never guessed, just by the amount of time you've been around the boards, and many other things.

I am yes. I was always a reader and a bit of a geek though, so maybe I'm not very representative of 19 year olds ;)

And I have only been around these boards since last Februaryish

Eta: thinking on it, you possibly mean the beautiful male characters thread. If it makes you feel better I was over 18 when I joined the forums :p

You too are heroes.

So I'm correct in thinking there's hope for Jon because this is a pretty vague and evasive answer?

Yeah, that's definitely my take. I thought you might take some solace. :)

I was annoyed that we didn't get any kind of update on the Tyrells this episode. Are they still locked up? Who was LF referring to with his 'young man' comment? Was it Lancel (in which case it is so bloody stupid) or has it simply not been revealed yet?

Nothing but a deafening silence.

Archived