Rant and Rave Without Repercussion 3 (Book Spoilers)

Veltigar

That's great - he's spot on. Even a broken clock is right twice a day :P

That's how I picture it. In interviews, the directors and actors are always like "this scene was brilliant, D&D are amazing" when they're talking about shit like Olly (yes, Kit loved the choice to have Olly kill him) or the Beetle scene. I have to believe some of them are lying? I mean, it's one thing to say "I enjoy working on the show and D&D work very hard to bring us GoT" but it's another entirely to metaphorically suck their cocks and call them "geniuses".

Yeah, that sent me right over the fucking edge also, Kit sees that Jon failed him. Oh My God. This isn't about Olly. It wasn't even really about the wildlings only in the books, it was so much more complicated and realistic.

Plus, how did he fail Olly anyway. Stupid brat has a roof over his head and a job. Maybe the lesson Olly needed to learn was loyalty--you're a child, the vision thing is too complex for you, you can understand loyalty, the end.

Thanks everyone on that.

Yeah, I saw Peter say that, and with some of the other dumb stuff that D&D gave him, I can kind of understand, but also.....he could stand a clue about the real character that he's not getting a chance to play. Then come tell me about Tyrion's dialogue, LOL

Yeah but this was after the trial, where I thought he was the best and was actually Book!Tyrion for a second :dunno: I figured that would have been his favorite scene to do. Plus, he got a lot of good scenes as the Hand in season 2.

That's how I picture it. In interviews, the directors and actors are always like "this scene was brilliant, D&D are amazing" when they're talking about shit like Olly (yes, Kit loved the choice to have Olly kill him) or the Beetle scene. I have to believe some of them are lying? I mean, it's one thing to say "I enjoy working on the show and D&D work very hard to bring us GoT" but it's another entirely to metaphorically suck their cocks and call them "geniuses".

Finn Jones definitely had his hands turned as he changed his tune about portrayal of Loras, so it seems that there are reprecussions about proclaiming displeasure.

Somebody commented that is odd how they didn't noticed that they had to recast the same baby year after year :lmao:

LOL I think they go and get a younger one every year.

It's a good thing they are leaving the preserving cold of The Wall, otherwise, that baby was going to crawl back into Gilly's uterus any day now. :devil:

Somebody commented that is odd how they didn't noticed that they had to recast the same baby year after year :lmao:

Yeah, that was me. And it's different babies, they keep having to recast - baby 3 mo old - year in, year out, and no one cares or notices. :lol:

btw, what happened to Walda? Have I missed something or has she just disappeared?

Roose thought things were a bit tense at Winterfell, so he sent Walda to the Riverlands. By row boat.

Yeah, that sent me right over the fucking edge also, Kit sees that Jon failed him. Oh My God. This isn't about Olly. It wasn't even really about the wildlings only in the books, it was so much more complicated and realistic.

Plus, how did he fail Olly anyway. Stupid brat has a roof over his head and a job. Maybe the lesson Olly needed to learn was loyalty--you're a child, the vision thing is too complex for you, you can understand loyalty, the end.

Yeah I mean, there are just so many fucking things wrong with it, as you've explained. Plus, Jon didn't have any responsibility for Olly. Olly was lucky to be brought to the NW and made a steward to the LC and be groomed for command. Jon took him under his wing. Before that though, he had no obligation to him. And he had no obligation to cow to Olly's personal needs over the needs of the Watch and the Realm.

GOD, fucking OLLY!!!!!!! :tantrum:

:rofl:

Perfect.

:agree:

Good comparison to Hannibal. The charismatic killer that you love is what they're going for, but it doesn't work for me because, well, it's Ramsay.

I'm hoping GRRM does it in his last book, considering the show will be long done by then and hopefully he will be free to be honest about how he feels :P But he's probably not as petty as I am :D

"Wun Wun kills Patrek to fulfill a bet that George R. R. Martin made with his friend, Patrick St. Denis. George is a fan of the New York Giants football team, while Patrick supports the Dallas Cowboys. Wun Wun is named after Phil Simms, a quarterback for the New York Giants who wore #11"

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Wun_Weg_Wun_Dar_Wun

He's done that, so I wouldn't be that surprised if he actually does write DnD in.

But until then, we can all be petty together!

The biggest challenge with a straight adaption of the seven chapters from ADwD with Reek/Prince/Turncloak/Ghost/Theon is the externalisation of his thoughts.

Honestly, why did they pass up that masterpiece of a character arc? WHY, CORAL, WHY?

This might have been a heavy-handed way to do it, but they could have maybe just had Theon visit the Godswood a few times. To confess, to beg forgiveness, to ask for help... I'm still furious they cut out his line about being with Robb when he died. That was a big emotional moment just layed at the writers' feet and they didn't use it.

To be fair, he hasn't read Dance yet (iirc), and what else could he say, really? :dunno:

Yeah I mean, there are just so many fucking things wrong with it, as you've explained. Plus, Jon didn't have any responsibility for Olly. Olly was lucky to be brought to the NW and made a steward to the LC and be groomed for command. Jon took him under his wing. Before that though, he had no obligation to him. And he had no obligation to cow to Olly's personal needs over the needs of the Watch and the Realm.

GOD, fucking OLLY!!!!!!! :tantrum:

I hope Kit doesn't really think that was a stroke of genius?! Is that possible? He now claims he didn't read Dance, so he wouldn't know what he was missing, but still. It seems awfully coincidental that they praised themselves over Olly and then Kit praises him too, like it's some fantastic innovation. Creepy.

Wow, that's pretty 14-year old behaviour alright.

And I would somewhat get it if what Orson wrote was complete nonsense (honestly, I was expecting complete nonsense), but the guy does have a point!!!

Btw, someone plead for thread #4 now, I fear this one will soon suffer the fate of Carol and get locked in a cell.

This might have been a heavy-handed way to do it, but they could have maybe just had Theon visit the Godswood a few times. To confess, to beg forgiveness, to ask for help... I'm still furious they cut out his line about being with Robb when he died. That was a big emotional moment just layed at the writers' feet and they didn't use it.

All he has to do is run into Sansa there. And he can say all of this to her out loud. Works perfectly, and provides actual reason why they would team up and bond.

Finn Jones definitely had his hands turned as he changed his tune about portrayal of Loras, so it seems that there are reprecussions about proclaiming displeasure.

Exactly. Same with poor Ian :(

LOL I think they go and get a younger one every year.

It's a good thing they are leaving the preserving cold of The Wall, otherwise, that baby was going to crawl back into Gilly's uterus any day now. :devil:

:lmao:

Yeah, that was me. And it's different babies, they keep having to recast - baby 3 mo old - year in, year out, and no one cares or notices. :lol:

Roose thought things were a bit tense at Winterfell, so he sent Walda to the Riverlands. By row boat.

I work with babies and young children, so it was always something that really annoyed me and stuck out to me, especially because I had two nieces born at the beginning of this year and my best friend had her first baby and they are already older and more developed than Gilly's three year old :lol:

"Wun Wun kills Patrek to fulfill a bet that George R. R. Martin made with his friend, Patrick St. Denis. George is a fan of the New York Giants football team, while Patrick supports the Dallas Cowboys. Wun Wun is named after Phil Simms, a quarterback for the New York Giants who wore #11"

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Wun_Weg_Wun_Dar_Wun

He's done that, so I wouldn't be that surprised if he actually does write DnD in.

But until then, we can all be petty together!

Oh yeah, I forgot about that!! There's hope :devil:

I think that would have been perfect and not heavy-handed at all :) it depends on how it's acted. Same with Dany in the Dothraki sea and her visions. If she was kind of half crazed, dehydrated, starved, weak and talking to herself where it seems she's clearly seeing things (we don't need like a flowy transparent Jorah or anything :lol: ), it would have been really powerful.

Speaking of, when she's in the Dothraki sea, it doesn't seem like she's been there for long or has suffered. Her lips are not chapped, her hair is still pretty good, just the braids have fallen out a little bit...but I expected her to look similar to how she did in the Red Waste at the beginning of Season 2.

Hey, why do you think Show!Loras was imprisoned? Questioning Pinky and the Brain, that's why

Eta: I actually really like Finn Jones. Unlike...certain others *cough*Dinklage*cough* he genuinely seems enthusiastic about his work. And he (formerly) seemed displeased about the show version of Loras.

Also, speaking of babies, they've apparently sent out a casting call for two babies as extras for S6...between 3-9months I think it was?

Care to elaborate? I really like book Loras, and I really like Finn as Loras...

I hope Kit doesn't really think that was a stroke of genius?! Is that possible? He now claims he didn't read Dance, so he wouldn't know what he was missing, but still. It seems awfully coincidental that they praised themselves over Olly and then Kit praises him too, like it's some fantastic innovation. Creepy.

I think actors, especially the main ones (Sophie, Kit, Emilia, Maisie, Dinklage, Lena and Nikolaj) are somewhat lead to praise the show. After all, you can't spit on the plate that you eat, right? I don't think Kit finds the show better than the books, but it's his job. Sophie must have been frustrated when she got Sansa's plot this year, as she had said before she was ready to do something different - And yet, she had that interview with EW where she lauded the writing.

Archived