Video Games: Deus X-Machinima (E3 Fallout)

Werthead

Who did you start with, and have installed DLC for it?

Yeah i have like 30 DLC's, i started with King of Mercia. I'm doing much better now. Conquered part of wessex and essex, kicked some tribes out of the western portion of england. Kingdom slowly growing. 

Finally realized you need to click on your territories, and build them up to get more troops, etc which helps....A LOT. . 

Addicted to this game. 

Yeah i have like 30 DLC's, i started with King of Mercia. I'm doing much better now. Conquered part of wessex and essex, kicked some tribes out of the western portion of england. Kingdom slowly growing. 

Finally realized you need to click on your territories, and build them up to get more troops, etc which helps....A LOT. . 

Addicted to this game. 

I tried playing this game more than once. Didn't really know what, where, how. I don't like the way armies move across the map, and how battles are set up.

Not for me, I guess.

I tried playing this game more than once. Didn't really know what, where, how. I don't like the way armies move across the map, and how battles are set up.

Not for me, I guess.

I can definitely see how this game isn't for everyone. 

And yeah, the battles could be better i agree. That's why i just bought Total War, the battles are great on there. 

So, in news that surprises no one, except for die hard Xbox fans in denial, Rise of the Tomb Raider is confirmed for PC and PS4. http://www.polygon.com/2015/7/23/9023339/rise-of-the-tomb-raider-ps4-windows 

Square Enix announced today that the previously Xbox-exclusive Rise of the Tomb Raider will be coming to additional platforms in 2016. "The game will be a console exclusive to Xbox One and Xbox 360 for one year after its initial launch," the press release reads,

PC early next year, PS4 "holiday" 2016. The article says MS negotiated a 1 year exclusivity deal for consoles. So to me this means by "holiday" 2016 is meant some time after 10 Nov 2016.

What does surprise me is that the exclusivity deal allowed for the PS4 announcement before RoTR's Xbox launch date. I thought for sure that no PS4 announcement would happen until early 2016. I imagine that a full year delay for the PS4 more or less means MS maxes the benefits of the exclusivity deal regardless of whether or not people know it's coming to PS4. People impatient to wait for a year will buy the game for Xb one, people willing to wait, or who can't afford a second console, will wait. It's actually the PC announcement that might have an effect on potential Xb one sales. A lot more people are willing to wait a few months for a game to come to the platform they already own, as compared to having to wait a whole year.

Anyhoo, good news for fans of TR on PC as they will get the game just a few months after the Xbox release.

Anyone in the Street Fighter 5 beta?

I am really, really glad that Microsoft finally seem to be taking PC more seriously as a gaming platform. It's about damn time. They could just have just as easily kept it 100% XBone exclusive for the whole year I'm sure. 

Look 4 posts up ;)

Scooped damnit!

Yeah, but I posted the link to prove it was true. ;-)

Edit: Should also note the PR seems to say coming to Windows 10. Does that mean people will be forced to migrate to Win 10 to be able to play the PC version? That might put some noses out of joint, albeit Win 10 is a free upgrade for W7 and 8 users. It also says coming to Steam. Does that mean a Steam version will work on older Windows OSs? It's a bit confusing on the PC front.

Scooped damnit!

Yeah, but I posted the link to prove it was true. ;-)

Edit: Should also note the PR seems to say coming to Windows 10. Does that mean people will be forced to migrate to Win 10 to be able to play the PC version? That might put some noses out of joint, albeit Win 10 is a free upgrade for W7 and 8 users. It also says coming to Steam. Does that mean a Steam version will work on older Windows OSs? It's a bit confusing on the PC front.

I'm pretty sure it's going to be a Win10 exclusive. Which shouldn't be a big deal since Win7 became the mandatory minimum for gaming a few years back if I recall correctly (I remember a lot of people who'd clung to XP till the very end getting really upset about it). I can't imagine many PC gamers who care about playing modern titles are still running XP and like you said 10 is free if you have a (legitimate) copy of 7 or 8. And those who pirated their OS will probably just pirate 10 anyway. DX12 is Win10 exclusive so even if Tomb Raider isn't running it it won't be long before it's Win10 or nothing for new AAA games. 

Steam games don't have to be compatible with older OSs. Pretty sure they already sell plenty of games that don't run on XP. 

ETA: I don't know why this never registered before but why have Microsoft skipped 9? :P 

Is there ANY reason to get an Xbone now?

Now as in this year, not really unless you are a Halo fan. Now as in ever, there's still Gears of War 4, in terms of known quantities. Some interesting exclusives coming along, though not sure if they will be on PC as well. Quantum Break? Because I like Insomniac I like to think Sunset Overdrive is a reason to get an Xb one. But it seems not many people think that enough to actually buy this game and an Xb one. I would, but I have a firm policy of one console per generation and I already have PS4, and my second choice would be Wii U.

Is there ANY reason to own a PS4 now?

Performance difference is negligible at best. PS4 have much fewer exclusives currently or in the near future.

I own both, but I don't see my PS4 getting much use until Uncharted 4 eventually comes out. (I prefer the XB1 eco-system and controller, so that's my choice for multi-platform titales)

As someone who has all 3 consoles, this is how i classify them:

Xbox one has the best games and controller. 

PS4 has the smoothest running console and best look (console and graphic wise)

And Wii U is the most fun. Games that you have mindless fun with friends, which some times is exactly what i need. 

All 3 have games i like that i play on, Xbox one i play witcher, arkham knight, madden 15, halo collection, payday and fifa 15. PS4 i play the show, infamous second son, borderlands handsome collection, TLoU and Rocket League. And Wii U play Super Smash Bros, Mario Kart, Splatoon. 

Honestly, if money isn't really an issue, all three are worth buying. While at the same time, all three have some major flaws. Xbox one can be slow and clunky, parties mess up often. PS4 doesn't really have many games that are great and Wii U has online multiplayer problems (games like Mario party 10 not being online? really?). 

Is there ANY reason to own a PS4 now?

Performance difference is negligible at best. PS4 have much fewer exclusives currently or in the near future.

I own both, but I don't see my PS4 getting much use until Uncharted 4 eventually comes out. (I prefer the XB1 eco-system and controller, so that's my choice for multi-platform titales)

Say what you like about a lot of things, but at least try to be factual in your statements which are clearly not merely opinions. You only needed to add 4 words into that sentence "good" and "in my opinion" and you would be fine. The exclusives list wars are a waste of time and the numerical differences are inconsequential in any case. What does it matter if one platform has 100 exclusives and the other 150? In both cases that's more games than I will play in my lifetime...actually I'm probably getting near to 100 if I count the Commodore 64, ZX81 and Vic 20 games from my youth. It's all about the games you prioritise for your tastes, and we all have our own priorities in this regard. 

*shrug* I thought it was widely recognised coming out of E3 that the one criticism of Sony's conference was they had little in the way of exclusives on the near horizon. Everything they showed was between 1 to 4 years out.

I believed the statement to be objectively true (still do). The one that was subjective, I made it clear that it was my subjective opinion. (I said I prefer the controller and eco-system - not XBox has a better controller and eco-system.)

If you consider my statement to be incorrect, so be it.

They might be the spawn of satan, but they're also one of the only ways to really distinguish the competition.

And yeah, Microsoft's response to the good press ps got during e3 was basically "they just showed even more games that Xbox has - thanks!" Sony has a better platform for now and more sales, but ms has more exclusives by a fairly large margin coming down the pipe - including halo 5, which is arguably the biggest exclusive as far as putting gamers in seats.

I wish exclusivity (both timed exclusives and exclusive content) for third party content would just die. But both companies do it. Sony especially seem to be dishing out the "bribes" heavily on the exlusive content thing.

I was simply responding to the "is there ANY reason to get an XBOne" comment.

I think the actual answer is - for someone that owns a PS4 already, not much. But there's probably even less reason for an XBox One owner to buy a PS4 at the moment. And for some-one that owns neither, there's probably more high profile games for the XBox One now and in the near future. That's likely to even up a bit in a year or so when games like Uncharted hit the shelves.

Honestly, if money isn't really an issue, all three are worth buying.

If last gen showed me anything, is that it's not worth buying all 3.  Excepting a few exclusives titles, PS and Xbox are almost indistinguishable.  Just pick one.  And a Wii if any of their stuff looks interesting.

And yeah, Microsofts's response to the good press ps got during e3 was basically "they just showed even more games that Xbox has - thanks!"

Yeah, but you could say the same thing about MS's conference just showing even more PS games.

IMO, the only notable exclusives (out now) are Bloodborne and Final Fantasy XIV (not counting PC version) for PS.  The rest are either not interesting (to me), not yet released, or re-released exclusives from last gen.  MS has nothing, but with some interesting things on the way.  Sony has almost nothing, but with some interesting things on the way.

I wish exclusivity (both timed exclusives and exclusive content) for third party content would just die. But both companies do it. Sony especially seem to be dishing out the "bribes" heavily on the exlusive content thing.

Me too. But if they didn't, there'd be even less reason to buy a console. Damn near everything comes out on the PC, and even at the console price point you can get a PC more powerful than any console. Sure there are hiccups like the new Batman game, but these days even console versions can have pretty serious problems; you can't automatically assume that games will run smooth on the console like you almost always could last-gen.

Archived