Your Plans for TWOW

BaelorTheBold

I'm very much an immersive reader, so I'll probably take about 3 weeks to a month to finish reading the book (just like how I did with the previous books). Maybe one or two chapters per day. Maybe 50 pages a day, I don't know but I'm sure not going to rush it. Considering that I don't do rereads, it will be slow meticulous reading for me as always.

Besides, after having waited for a very long time, I think it sucks to rush it and finish the book in like what, 1 or 2 days? Some even said they could finish in a few hours? Seriously? I wish I had the talent to read that fast (and comprehend what I read as well, not for the sake of just reading it of course). It will also be another very long wait for the seventh book, so definitely I'm going to take my own sweet time with TWOW.

I'll probably go to a midnight selling, I'm pretty sure they'd have one in the city where I live. Then the moment i have the book in hands, possibly even on my way walking home, I'll be checking if Theon survives the book. If he does, I may or may not read his chapters first, depends on how much self control I have, if he does I will mourn and possibly not even read the book, certainly not right away. I probably won't take any days off work, kinda depends on if I'll have a job and what kind of Job I'll have, cause I'm looking for a job at the moment and hoping to get one as a film editor but chances are low so I could be anywhere between jobless, a job I don't really want and consider temporary or my dreamjob.

You monster

No you won't. :cheers:

So you're the guy who reads the last chapter, then jumps onto the forums to start proactively titled threads right away? :P

Oh, I'll adhere to this site's rules about not revealing spoilers.

I will buy two copies of the book. One for me and one for my wife. We settled in on this solution for Dance and the last couple of Harry Potter books. Otherwise, one always wants the book while the other is reading it. I will read it as quickly as I can without taking days off work, but I will still look at the forum some. I don't worry too much about spoilers.

When Winds comes out I don't care what my schedule entails I will finish within a week of release.

Problem is the re-read. I'm thinking if I were to start a re-read it would take at least a month per book, if not longer(definitely longer). So now would probably be ideal to begin if in fact Grrm plans on a release prior to season 6.

I will buy it, avoid this website and read it at my own pace, likely 2 - 3 weeks, then come here to find out all the things I missed, all the theories and clues I missed.

I am more a visual person, when I see a movie or t.v. show I quickly pick up who did what, how and almost when we will find out. Only movie that I missed was The Sixth Sense, and I remember asking my wife at one point why he (Bruce Willis) didn't speak up to a nurse, and after the big reveal I felt so stupid.

Books however, I tend to relax more and lose myself and just read. I don't analyze everything and look around the screen for small details.

I don't even know where I might be able to get the books on the release day, or if it's even possible where I live. We have a pretty famous niche bookstore that you can order stuff from though, so if they have it and preordering can be done I'll probably do that then hightail it out of here for as long as it'll take me to read it (maybe 4 days? I've done 300-page books in 1 day, and I believe I read one of the ASOIAF books in 2). When I'm done I'll come back and have my mind blown by all the things I missed/didn't think about you guys talk about.

Will buy it on Kindle, when i have possession of it I will scan for a Jon chapter just to confirm that guy isn't dead, Then I will start at beginning. I wont log onto the forum once until I finish it.

Then I will look at threads and such as I re read it to see what I missed compared to other readers.

/ edit

I think I will buy the ebook and the hard back. But never open the hard back. This is what I did with World

I'm going to get the Kindle version and have the hardcover preordered. Use whichever I'm in the mood for.

I'm definitely going stay away from sites like this as I read.

It should take me less than a week if it's like aSoS. 2 weeks if it's like aDwD.

Same. Getting both the e-book and the hardcover (which will definitely be a pre-order). I would say I'll avoid ASOIAF and GOT related sites but I think the net in general will be awash with spoilers and trolls so I'll likely stay offline while I read. Most likely (unless something extreme is going on) I'll take at least a couple of days off work. If I can just sit and read I can probably finish it within a couple of days.

The main thing I'll be sure to do is stay away from this place. The show has already shown me how inconsiderate the user base can be with spoilers, even in the thread titles.

Ned died [spoiler SPOILER] .............

Oh, I'll adhere to this site's rules about not revealing spoilers.

So you are actually reading the final chapters first?

Ned died [spoiler SPOILER] .............

So you are actually reading the final chapters first?

Well, I'll obviously want to find if Jon lives, who wrote the Pink Letter, what happens to Dany, the outcome of the two battles. Then, I'll skip to the end.

I live pretty far from a big city, but we do have a nice sized bookstore within a half hour drive. I will check with them to see when they will open on the release day. Then I will check with Amazon to see when it can be delivered. For an extra fee they will deliver it opening day. Then I will calculate the odds of something happening to delay opening day delivery. I had ordered the map book and Hurricane Sandy came along and drove me from my home. Even after I got back the map book was somewhere in Atlantic City, according to the web site, and that was an additional mess. I don't think I got it until Nov. 10th. I was hysterical.

Upon reflection I will probably go out to the book store and camp out on their doorstop until they open.

I won't be back on the forum until I have plowed through the whole book at least once. I will not cheat.

Unless it's when I'm on holiday or have a previous engagement (please not 4th-6th September, 26th September, 6th-10th December or 15th-22nd May 2016 publishers!) I'll be taking the day off work. I think Dance took me about 5 hours so I should be good to do it in a day unless I really hate it.

I will however struggle to decide whether I should get the hard copy sent to my house and hope it turns up on the day, or just go for the ebook and have the hard copy delivered to work and not have to worry about it (or pick up hard copy later from an actual shop).

I will probably pre-order hard copy and kindle version just to be on the safe side! If it is a day off I will have finished it by the end of the day (I am a super quick reader!!) will most likely do a reread before hand, only problem will be trying not to spoil my book reader friends, thank the gods for this forum😀

Well if possible, I'd love to get it at a midnight release, but I'm not sure whether anything in my area in the UK would do that? To anyone in the UK, did Waterstones do a midnight release of ADWD? And also when was the release date ADWD announced, 6 months in advance? Sorry, I'm very new to ASOIAF and only read the books last year for the first time.

As for reading it, even if I could read it in a day, I wouldn't want to, I'll probably ration myself to an extent so as to not finish it too quickly, although I will have to probably avoid going online for the time, so will try and read it in a week or 2 I think. Cannot wait to have that beautiful, brand new ASOIAF book in my hands, bet it'll be heavy lol!

Archived