I am a Man and I like the TV Show "GIRLS"

ChuckM

Omg, how insecure are you? Women love romance. That's a fact. And I have no doubt that women also have many other interests but that doesn't change anything.

??? I don't get it. How did I come off as insecure? I'm just pointing out that broad generalizations based on sex are antiquated and insulting. How does that make me insecure? Color me puzzled.

Weird? yes It is!!! That's Funny it is the exact word that a friend of mine used when I was reading one of ASoIaF book. He asked me what it was about, I said, there is a lot of stories but one is an incestious relationship between a brother and a sister and also there is a Queen who call herself Mother of Dragons... he said Man that s*** is Weird and to read it you are a real Weirdo. I said yes you must be right but I like it. So I guess in this life, whatever we do or say we are always someone else Weirdo.

I am glad I close my Facebook account and never open a twitter one. How do they call that in the so called "social Network"?. Going VIRAL? when S*** like this get blow out of proportions.

It's just Crazy how people can be carry away and jump on any sort of conclusion. Anyway that the way it is

Like one of my "Joker" friend once said : "Why so Serious...? Let's put a smile on this Thread... :drunk: "

ChuckM,

please decide on what topic you are trying to discuss here. Because this last post had no connection whatsoever to the topic of the previous ones and I (and probably nobody else) has no idea of what you are actually trying to say.

"Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus"... I have this book in my IPad, I started it and only God knows when I will finish it. All I learned from it so far is that Men and women are different. when we grow up, boy like to play with cars, cow boys and Indians when girls like their dolls or role plays. This is just fact of who we are.

As adults, the same thing apply for our choice of movies or TV shows. Men like actions movies with a sexy girl here and there, and women prefer romance with a handsome guy here and there. That the basics, now thanks God life is not all black or white, to be able to love each other and live together for so long we have many things that we can share and do in common. when I was younger my best friend was a girl who like to watch football games with me. Now I am in couple with a woman who hate football. That just the way life goes.

Coming back to our subject? can we put a gender on a TV show ? of course not. Are boys more likely to watch a brutal and ultra violent TV show like "Spartacus" ? Yes. Are girls more likely to watch a show full of romance like "Friends or Desperate Housewife"? The answer is also Yes! I could have pick "Prison Break" vs "OiTNB" ( But I have to be honest I have never seen the first one and I am a fan of the second. :drunk: )

Why a Thread with such a weird title? Well because as a man I was supposed to be a fan of "Prison Break"( I might decide to watch it one day...) but I watched OiTNB instead and I liked a lot. Same goes for GIRLS which struggling character's life I find it more interesting that may be the love life of some Desperate housewife, but that is just me. when the quality is there, then I think all this mean nothing just go and watch like we did with our beloved GOT.

So let's break these natural rules and be more open to things that we are not supposed to do in the first place.

Writing this remind me that during my long journey of reading AsOIaF my three favorite characters and chapters are: Daenerys, Arya and Tyrion, Two women and an "half man", but this is another story.... :dunno:

I am a woman who doesn't like romances novels but loved deadwood and carnival. I have never watched girls, oragne, or prison break. I would rather gouge out my own eyes than watch deperate real housewives of - anywhere. I enjoy game of thrones but liked spartacus more or many levels. So your pitiful stereotype of what girls like is slightly askew, IMO

wow, Unka Rocksniffer will be shocked I got through that comment without talking shit,

in my best Al Swearengen voice

??? I don't get it. How did I come off as insecure? I'm just pointing out that broad generalizations based on sex are antiquated and insulting. How does that make me insecure? Color me puzzled.

Hello Elder Sister, Unka Sniffer has told me much about you :bowdown:

I am also curious how being intelligent and straightforward makes you insecure. I wouldn't say "color you puzzled" I would say color the OP ignorant while waving the :bs: flag. :bs:

Guys....maybe I am wrong and he said English wasn't his first language but I kind of got the impression he DIDN'T mean what that book said and that the OP doesn't believe in those generalizations and is saying they are old fashioned and that its silly that men are expected to like certain things and women others?@????? again, maybe i'm reading his posts wrong but I'm not getting a ''raging misogynist'' vibe from this thread :P

i stopped watching girls after a couple eps in to season 3 because all the characters are kind of horrible

no....but I am getting the most bizarre WTF feeling from this thread LOL/

The abyss is staring back at us.

X-Ray you are so right, Rocksniffer told me to beware being sucked in by bullshit but did I listen, No!

But I can see in the darkness now 'cause,

"When you came, light was shined

Wisdom from cosmic snakes of dimensions you create" ~ from Inquisition's Obscure Verses for the Multiverse

He also told me to listen and obey the god-dess X-ray, for failing to do so, I would surely pay.

I am a woman who doesn't like romances novels but loved deadwood and carnival. I have never watched girls, oragne, or prison break. I would rather gouge out my own eyes than watch deperate real housewives of - anywhere. I enjoy game of thrones but liked spartacus more or many levels. So your pitiful stereotype of what girls like is slightly askew, IMO

wow, Unka Rocksniffer will be shocked I got through that comment without talking shit,

in my best Al Swearengen voice

Hello Elder Sister, Unka Sniffer has told me much about you :bowdown:

I am also curious how being intelligent and straightforward makes you insecure. I wouldn't say "color you puzzled" I would say color the OP ignorant while waving the :bs: flag. :bs:

Ahhh....I'm so happy to meet you! I feel like you're family. <3 :)

How is that insulting? Did he insult you? It's like saying men like sports. Would you feel insulted if I'd said "women love animals"?

Yes, you're quite right, all men like sports, just as all women like romance, and it's not at all a stupid generalisation to state either of those things. I don't even really know why we have a discussion forum here tbh, when all we really need is one thread for women who can talk about how great romance is, and another (perhaps Blue-coloured?) where dudes can say things like "how about sports eh? Pretty good isn't it?"

Not all but clear majority, enough to generalize these things. I don't understand why all of you are so butthurt. lol

Lots of people like sports. Lots of people like romance. Those are generalizations. FYI. The monkeys can go write Shakespeare somewhere else now, because this thread has outlived its potential for them.

Archived