pancakes or waffles?

Quorra

Although I try not to eat empty carbs regularly, WAFFLES are where it's at. Crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside with little pockets for toppings. mmmmmmmmmm!!!

I like to put peanut butter on them sometimes, or classic maple syrup, or fruit compote. I don't like butter though, so never that.*

Other cultures may have varieties of what is considered a pancake or a waffle, so feel free to interpret and add your own variation on your favorite - Dutch baby, crepe, etc.... 

*Eating raw butter seems to give me diarrhea. Not always, but I can't predict it. Sometimes birthday cake gives me diarrhea and I think it's the butter in the frosting. I haven't scientifically proven this yet but I often turn down offers of cake by saying that it gives me diarrhea 40% of the times I've eaten it. I'm sure that usually that kind of information is appreciated at birthday parties,

You put peanut butter on your waffles? Whats up with that? That sounds disgusting!

Butter and then maple syrup on your waffles. :drool:

Peanut butter + maple syrup is actually delicious.

Personally, I'd like to be the first to sidestep the question entirely and say that French Toast is the greatest of breakfast foods. 

Peanut butter + maple syrup is actually delicious.

Personally, I'd like to be the first to sidestep the question entirely and say that French Toast is the greatest of breakfast foods.

This person gets it. I make my French toast with 4 varieties of cinnamon. The results are excellent.

You put peanut butter on your waffles? Whats up with that? That sounds disgusting!

Butter and then maple syrup on your waffles. :drool:

peanut butter and then maple syrup. Try eet.

French toast is too eggy for me. 

Waffles are relatively easy to make. You go out most places and order a waffle - it's usually going to be good.

Pancakes are tougher. At their best, I would say that light, fluffy, perfect pancakes are better than waffles. But, it's hard to get pancakes just right

I'm pretty much the devil because I think both waffles and pancakes are gross.  Actually, worse than gross.  Disgusting.  They make me gag and it only gets worse when one adds sugary crap all over.  I'm ok with potato cakes, maybe with a dollop of sour cream.  

French toast, of course, is food of the gods.  

I recently started making my very own American pancakes (crepes suck), and they are delicious. With crispy streaky bacon and maple syrup. Yum.

My SO prefers waffles, usually with chocolate and ice cream. Like Helena, I think potato waffles are where it's at.

Archived