Football #Gazillion - Bring on the Season!

baxus

A question for Alex: why are your lot trying to buy De Bruyne? Where's he going to fit if you also need to accommodate Sterling, Silva and Toure? I get that you need to think about a long-term replacement for Silva but he's hardly at the phasing-out stage yet, De Bruyne's way too established to be wanting to sit on the bench.

Yeah, I don't get the point of having changed the rules two years ago if the rules still allow players who are clearly still wobbly to carry on playing.

Arsenal put some tweets out saying that he didn't lose consciousness and that they followed proper medical procedure. Whatever that is worth. 

A question for Alex: why are your lot trying to buy De Bruyne? Where's he going to fit if you also need to accommodate Sterling, Silva and Toure? I get that you need to think about a long-term replacement for Silva but he's hardly at the phasing-out stage yet, De Bruyne's way too established to be wanting to sit on the bench.

Dunno really.

Sorry, I know thats no sort of answer but I've been wondering this myself for a little while now.

Fair enough.

There's also simply the fact that - even though he's clearly a very talented player and his stats last year were outrageous- I would be worried if it was my team because whenever I have seen him play he's seemed to have some serious, serious confidence issues. One tiny mistake can knock the stuffing out of him and he'll go bright red and turn dreadful. Maybe he's corrected it as he's got older, but I'd rather someone else.

A lot of people seem to think he's hilarious or some sort of banter king whereas in reality he's just an arsehole

You say that as if hilariousness and arseholishness are mutually exclusive when in fact they go hand in hand in many people in many sports.

You say that as if hilariousness and arseholishness are mutually exclusive when in fact they go hand in hand in many people in many sports.

No I'm not saying they're mutually exclusive, I'm saying that Mourinho as an individual just isn't funny. He's an arsehole.

For something that's actually funny - https://twitter.com/HeyLittleJude/status/630429082266791936

You'd hardly know that West Ham won the game for all the talk about Arsenal losing it.

Having now seen the match, I'd say this:

1) West Ham were good. Again, you'd never know this unless you were paying attention and were not an Arsenal fan.

2) I don't want to take away from the impressiveness of 16 year old Reece Oxford's debut, but a lot of credit ought to be given to Noble and Kouyate and, to a lesser extent, Ogbonna and Reid, for covering the middle of the park. Oxford kept his cool and held his position, but the four others around him in the middle were really very good.

3) I thought Oxlade-Chamberlain was very good in the game overall, but the second West Ham goal was as much his fault as it was Cech's. Cech is catching a lot of shit for this performance, but Arsensl's defense let him down badly on both goals.

Archived