Fear the Walking Dead: Our hopes and dreams for the Series. (Now Spoiler Friendly).

Alia of the knife

Well, Carl sure has aged a lot in 547 days.  He was either a very young looking 14 in Season 1, or a very old looking 12 year old now....

It's a race for who's the faster aging kid - Carl or Bran.

Hemstead-Wright probably has Riggs beat at 16 and 5'9. The actor who plays Hodor might need a raise to cart him around.

The bar scene in Nebraska is still one of my absolute favorite scenes the show has done to date though.

I liked that, and I also liked when Andrea put Lori in her place about her husband AND her boyfriend down in Herchels kitchen.
And Beth went from wanting to kill herself to taking a punch like a boss from her scary cop friend.

The annoying thing about 2 is that it has my favourite arc, that of Shane.

And I think the thing with the kid and what to do with him was integral to the idea of working out how to live in this world, and what they're comfortable living with doing. They were indecisive, but that was the point.

Season two suffered from having to wait a week to watch the new episode.  When viewed closer together the season isn't nearly as bad as it's made out to be but there are definitely issues - most of which I'd lay at the feet of AMC rather than the show-runner.  AMC owns The Walking Dead rather than basically renting it from companies like they did with Mad Men and Breaking Bad, therefore AMC has complete control.  So when Frank Darabont came to them with his plan for the second season, including a hugely expensive episode that would have seen a full on Army/National Guard fighting a horde of zombies in Atlanta, they were like, "Nah.  In fact, we're going to drastically reduce your budget while making ordering more episodes because we're making a shit ton of money from this show and we like making money more than we do spending it."

Hence season two only having the one major location and people sitting around the farm house or outside the farmhouse and a search for a kid being dragged out to half a season.  The show felt like it was going nowhere because it literally had orders from up on high that said, "don't fucking go anywhere, we're not paying for it."

For some reason I didn't mind the Farm season. I know most dislike it but for me it was good because you got to have more of the actors / characters and less running and screaming and total misery.

The governor, eh, couldn't buy him as being that evil. Just didn't get the feel from him. I loved the prison setting because it's one of the three places I would have tried to do.

Wal-Mart - basically have the front entrance to guard from walkers, rest of the building is concrete and steel doors. Have everything you need for a long stay including weapons, food, and medicine.

Prison - what better place than  one designed to keep people in? Especially one with outer walls, if you could clear it, you would be in good shape.

Island - off of one of the great lakes. Fresh water surrounding you, fish and wildlife on it and a natural zombie barrier, that is until the lake freezes!

On the episode where Carl upsets Carol, telling her that believing Sophia is in heaven is stupid, and Carol is outraged.

(This is the season where everyone is an ass hole).

It is fun to see how far they've come because current Carol would have stuffed Carls body in a tree stump for zombie bait, and Shane would be the voice of reason.

Also Classic Daryl, "lookee here Olive Oil," (talking to Lori).

Dale would still be Alan Alda.

On the episode where Carl upsets Carol, telling her that believing Sophia is in heaven is stupid, and Carol is outraged.

(This is the season where everyone is an ass hole).

It is fun to see how far they've come because current Carol would have stuffed Carls body in a tree stump for zombie bait, and Shane would be the voice of reason.

You'd probably think Carol wouldn't be spouting heaven stuff like that.

Shane was still more extreme than Rick is now. But it is getting a finer difference.

I wonder if there'll be two threads, one for WD watchers who have watched the WD show but not read the comics and the other for FTWD who haven't watched WD the series or read the comics. There's a lot of common knowledge in the WD that new watchers aren't aware of.

I wonder if there'll be two threads, one for WD watchers who have watched the WD show but not read the comics and the other for FTWD who haven't watched WD the series or read the comics. There's a lot of common knowledge in the WD that new watchers aren't aware of.

I think that it would be extremely uncommon for people to be watching the new show without having watched the original. Breaking Bad is discussed all of the time in the Better Call Saul thread. I would however prefer that whatever show that we are discussing, we leave out comic spoilers unless the thread is specifically marked for it.

I don't think there'll be a need for two threads. And while I agree that the cross-over will likely be about 95%, we should probably just acknowledge that they are two separate shows and avoid putting spoilers for one show in the thread about the other. For example, it would probably be bad form to put Flash spoilers in an Arrow thread and vice versa.

So basically, the thread for each show should limit itself mostly to discussions about that show, with some discussion as appropriate where there's overlap and using spoiler tags where necessary.

Breaking Bad is discussed all of the time in the Better Call Saul thread.

Oh... and somehow I completely skipped over the middle sentence of your post, Phil. I think the main difference is WD and FTWD are both ongoing shows.

I don't believe they are intending to be shown concurrently? And I agree there's not likely to be anyone watching FTWD that hasn't watched WD. I think we can't really assume the reverse, though, and the problem could kick in when WD starts back up. We shouldn't put untagged spoilers for Fear in the WD discussion as there may well be people who haven't watched that yet but may wish to some day.

For WD spoilers in the FTWD threat, it doesn't really hurt to err on the side of caution and use spoiler tags where needed. (There's not going to be too much overlap between the shows, so there's not really going to be much need for discussing WD spoilers. So tagging them won't be much of an imposition on the rare occasion where they are relevant)

Dang. A spoiler free thread when there's so much walker knowledge is going to be a let down, at least for me. :( I definitely agree that it should be comic spoiler free.

To clarify, I think discussions about general stuff is fair game. I was just thinking when it comes to major events - eg "I didn't feel that character X's death in this episode had the emotinal impact of...

[spoiler]

Bob's death

[/spoiler]

... in the main show" we can tag them.

Just my opinion - and I do agree that the chances of someone watching it who isn't up to date on WD are pretty slim. So I'm fine if the majority opinion is that spoilers for WD are fair game and can be discussed openly. (Maybe Alia can indicate as such in the thread title, if so).

I do think we need to be a little more careful in the reverse situation, however (ie FTWD spoilers in the WD thread).

Yup I actually prefer season two by a lot to the governor seasons which were really really bad

It's funny, because it seems like at the time people generally gave Season 2 shit because it was boring, for some reason. I never understood the hate for S2. I binged the first 4 seasons and I liked Season 2 a great deal.

I think just one thread, spoiler tags are there for a reason. We can tag the WD stuff (though I wonder how relevant it'll be.)

It's funny, because it seems like at the time people generally gave Season 2 shit because it was boring, for some reason. I never understood the hate for S2. I binged the first 4 seasons and I liked Season 2 a great deal.

Shows can often seem less boring when you binge them. You can see arcs progressing without having to wait a week (or more.)

I binged the first three seasons (might have been more,) and after two ish episodes of S2 I kind of forgot about it and had to convince myself to watch it, once I got into a stride with it it was fine.

Archived