Rhaegal & Viserion

Although I don't like discussing future events, I want to know what you think will happen to the other dragons alive besides Drogon. Will they come back to Dany? Disappear forever? Conveniently go to Aegon VI? Die?

I think Dany being the "Mother of Dragons" will always have a bond with all three.  She has established herself as Drogon's rider and I think that will continue.  Rhaegal and Viserion will get riders, but they will not severe their relationship with their mother.  Dany is the lead dragon, riding on the alpha dragon. 

Doesn't this conflict with the established rules of one rider bonding to one dragon for life? Unless your implying that all these other riders end up dying?

Imply is a rather mild word.  I'm flat out saying I expect some dragonriders to die.

Victarion will not ride a dragon, he will get killed by a dragon very early in TWOW.  Euron will claim Rhaegal through the horn.  I don't want Tyrion to ride a Dragon since it would feel cheap, but I suppose it's a possibility.  And Jon has a very good chance of taking a dragon as well.

I disagree...not about Victarion dying, but I think Moqorro will burn him as a sacrifice to R'hllor.  Dark Flame did say he saw glory in Victarion's future, and to said priest nothing could be more glorious than being burned to bring Azor Ahai Reborn victory.

I also don't think that horn works the way people expect it to.

I'm not completely sold on the idea, but I'm not ready to disregard it either.  I think the wording is loose enough for it to work.  If it was straight forward it wouldn't be GRRM.   

Good point.

Two in battle against each other, one to save the world.  That works.  And it's bittersweet to have the really, truly, last dragon be sacrificed for a noble cause.

Agree. 

But how about the dragon riders? Sounds like they all need to die with the dragons. 

I think Dany being the "Mother of Dragons" will always have a bond with all three.  She has established herself as Drogon's rider and I think that will continue.  Rhaegal and Viserion will get riders, but they will not severe their relationship with their mother.  Dany is the lead dragon, riding on the alpha dragon. 

I do not think so. 

One person only bonds with one dragon. there was never a rider bonded with several dragons at the same time. 

the other two should be bonded with other riders. 

I do not think so. 
One person only bonds with one dragon. there was never a rider bonded with several dragons at the same time. 
the other two should be bonded with other riders.

But Dany's an special case.

The Targs were given dragon eggs since they were babies, and Dany has been given three of them. The Dragons do recognise her as their mother and they seem to have "affection" for her. Even if she doesn't ride the other two (which I'm sure won't happen), they still might recognised her as a leader or someone trustworthy.

But Dany's an special case.The Targs were given dragon eggs since they were babies, and Dany has been given three of them. The Dragons do recognise her as their mother and they seem to have "affection" for her. Even if she doesn't ride the other two (which I'm sure won't happen), they still might recognised her as a leader or someone trustworthy.

Maybe some affection. But still, whoever claim the dragon, would have full control of it.
It could be against dany.

Viserion, likely. He seems the sweetest :(

Actually I think Drogon is the sacrificed one, unless we're talking fly into the Heart of Winter, then it's Viserion all the way.  Depends on the exact nature of the sacrifice.

But do remember that Dany has three mounts: the silver (to bed); Drogon (to dread); and then a third.  Why take a third mount if Drogon is living?  

Agree. 

But how about the dragon riders? Sounds like they all need to die with the dragons. 

Uh, no.  The riders do not have to die with the dragons necessarily.  There were dragons killed during the Dance whose riders survived. 

Actually I think Drogon is the sacrificed one, unless we're talking fly into the Heart of Winter, then it's Viserion all the way.  Depends on the exact nature of the sacrifice.

But do remember that Dany has three mounts: the silver (to bed); Drogon (to dread); and then a third.  Why take a third mount if Drogon is living?  

Uh, no.  The riders do not have to die with the dragons necessarily.  There were dragons killed during the Dance whose riders survived. 

Third mount is the ghost which jon warged into. :)

Brown Ben Plumm/and or Tyrion will ride Viserion. And i think Timett son of Timett will to. Aegon will ride Rhaegal. Victarion riding Rhaegal first would be pretty awesome, but that would mean Targaryen (I.e., dragonlord) blood is not required to bond with and ride a dragon. Aegon and Tyrion will betray Daenerys for love and gold, respectively, and Drogon will "dance" with Rhaegal and Viserion, killing them both. But Daenerys will die toon leaving the big, bad black one for the special snowflake.

Archived