Fragile Bird

Slug 'em back - Drinking Continues!

is it friday again? am still recovering from last friday's refreshments; drinking companions therefor were evil.

Wedding this weekend, bringing some Hendricks. Also snagged a couple cans.of captains daughter, which is a tasty treat.

Going to a bbq this weekend and (knowing the hosts) the drink will be flowing. If they have any decent brandy I'll be on it.

No one serves brandy at the dinners I go to. :o

Beer, wine, lots of times I bring the mixings for cocktails. :)

In this weather (the old thread closed to soon) which seems to wants to be autumn it was time for some stout. So a Troubadour Imperial stout it is.

Sounds wonderful, Chef!

I'm currently enjoying some rather delicious sparkling wine. Don't ask me what it is. :drunk:

Mont Tremblant is a lovely little village.

Last time I was there, it was -20 C in the village and -30 C on top of the hill.  I decided not to ski down.

Going a bit mad for Hopfen Weisse atm. One particular new brewery called Cloudwater are making seasonal beers. At their launch in the spring they did a bergamot one. Over the summer they've done a Simcoe one and a US hopped one. Yesterday I tried their NZ version. I think the Hopfen Weisse isn't actually that different to a white IPA, maybe that's why I like it so much.

Anybody know Likeur 43? :P (Liquor 43)

It's a lovely purely vanilla flavoured drink at 31% alcohol.

Man I love it but when you mix it with orange juice it's very deceptive.. you can't taste the alcohol.

:agree:  Just got through that this morning. Crazy weekend, no sleep, transcontinental flight with multiple glasses of wine, and I hated the sun with a passion this morning. And the cat threw up on my bed. 

Just cracked a Not Your Fathers Root Beer a few mins ago.  It is quite delicious

I see people talking about that root beer A LOT. Is it a soft drink or alcoholic? I'm never sure about root beer.

That particular one is alcoholic, though most of the root beers you get here are non-alcoholic, as are most things here called ginger ale, ginger beer, or birch beer.

Birch beer sounds like something that moomins would drink.

:agree:  Just got through that this morning. Crazy weekend, no sleep, transcontinental flight with multiple glasses of wine, and I hated the sun with a passion this morning. And the cat threw up on my bed. 

Just cracked a Not Your Fathers Root Beer a few mins ago.  It is quite delicious

Gosh. Hope you and your cat are better now?

My combination to fight migraine: coffee and dark chocolate. They always work. No kidding.

Birch beer sounds like something that moomins would drink.

Birch beer, done well, is an absolutely delightful and delicious beverage. It tends to be a regional thing in the northeast US. When I was a kid, our neighborhood parties usually had a keg of (fizzy yellow) beer for the drinkers and a keg of birch beer for the children and non-drinkers. 

Done poorly, it's a syrupy soft drink that could be mistaken for any number of mediocre (non-alcoholic) root beers.

Recently I got two cases of cider, and the types probably reflect how adventurous I've been lately. One is Dry Apple, which is pretty standard all things considered... and the other is the mistake I made.

Why the hell would Apple Lime be a flavor? Its like cheap sour whine! I hate it so much that I want to get rid of them as quickly as possible, and the only avenue for that is....a metaphorical Hell.