New forum layout

TheLightning Lord

Yes, it is godamn awful on a mobile.

Really very slow. You should consider creating an app, Ran... or at least make a mobile version

Like the new design though.

@Lady Sharya,  you are not the only one. I am down to 7 from 700 something.

From a Council Member to a commoner

I apologize in advance for all the gifs I am like to bombard this place with from now on.

If that's the advantage, I'd rather have the old posts back.  One of the things that always annoyed me about The Website That Must Not Be Named, is the giant animated images that I must screen through to actually read the posts.  Will I be able to turn them off?

If that's the advantage, I'd rather have the old posts back.  One of the things that always annoyed me about The Website That Must Not Be Named, is the giant animated images that I must screen through to actually read the posts.  Will I be able to turn them off?

At the moment, we have no control over embedded images. They removed that control from 4.0. It is back in 4.1, but it lacks another thing we need so we can't upgrade further.

Yes, it is godamn awful on a mobile.

Really very slow. You should consider creating an app, Ran... or at least make a mobile version

I think we should clarify here that we do not have any control over apps or mobile skins ourselves, we're entirely dependant on what others develop. A mobile skin is not likely to be created by anyone given that this is a responsive design, which serves all sizes.

There were many bugs in the old layout as well. They should have fixed all of those first before doing this since this is buggy as well.

Words are not eligible because of their colour against the background colour. They can improve this by changing the colour or making the font size bigger. There are plenty of blank spaces as well which need to be removed.

Yeah I'm not a fan of the layout. Everything was very distinct before and now it's all white and grey and things are in weird places.

Being able to do this is pretty cool though.

0ScWfEN.gif

Oh cool i didn'nt notice that! Prolly the most useful thing lmao

Post counts were running for years without any downward adjustments when we deleted threads, which we did quite a lot. Unfortunately, the upgrade process did not allow us to specify that post counts should not be revised. I think I lost 20,000 or more, for my part.

We may possibly be able to correct this once everything is said and done, by extracting the post count data from the old database and reinserting it into the new. But no guarantees, and it will be awhile before we feel that that's an issue we can spend time on.

Don't worry about it, Ran. It's not that big of a deal. I'm sure we'll all get used to the new board. I like the notifications feature. 

There were many bugs in the old layout as well. They should have fixed all of those first before doing this since this is buggy as well.

Words are not eligible because of their colour against the background colour. They can improve this by changing the colour or making the font size bigger. There are plenty of blank spaces as well which need to be removed.

I don't see what bugs in the old layout have to do with this layout? They are not related.

The design is made with this amount of blank space. Changing it significantly is beyond us.

Liking the addition of last/first page buttons, going one at a time before was tedious.

Can't tell which threads have new posts, or which threads I've previously posted in though.  Not liking this so much.

Nevermind to the not liking part.  Didn't see that the site change logged me out.  Resigned in to post, and all is well.

Archived