Mass shooting in San Bernandino

Mexal

I have mixed feelings about the landlord parading reporters through the mail order killer brides apartment. While on one hand I can see the concern over contaminating possible evidence. But on the other hand I sort of enjoy the message it sends, "Come to America to (try to) terrorize us and be reduced to a carnival spectacle." It should be frustrating for ISIS to realize they are barely discernible between any other nutjobs we already have occupying local law enforcement teams regularly. America shrugs? It (ISIS) looks like a menace shooting a grizzly with a bb gun from my perspective.

Eh, this is what people like this want. Non stop media coverage.

It should be frustrating for ISIS to realize they are barely discernible between any other nutjobs we already have occupying local law enforcement teams regularly. America shrugs? It (ISIS) looks like a menace shooting a grizzly with a bb gun from my perspective.

It's not. They don't care. It doesn't bother them in the least, at least according to their press. They don't care about being called ISIS or Daesh, they don't care if you don't respect their views, they don't really care if their actions succeed. They basically just want the US to do one thing and one thing only: send a big ol' army to Dabiq. Much like Trump, they're otherwise pretty impervious to fact-based discussion. 

You know what is really sad? That in the US you actually get a 10+ page discussion (or several days in the media) if two(or three whats the latest count?) armed and armored people shooting up a place is a terrorist attack or just the regular "people shooting up a place for shits and giggles" kind of thing...

Thats actually horrifying.

You know what is really sad? That in the US you actually get a 10+ page discussion (or several days in the media) if two(or three whats the latest count?) armed and armored people shooting up a place is a terrorist attack or just the regular "people shooting up a place for shits and giggles" kind of thing...

Thats actually horrifying.

Yeah, it's kind of sad that we seem to be more concerned with labeling the shootings as something as opposed to actually doing something about them.

This particular event is especially weird regarding that, in that it seems to have elements of three different categories of shootings. 

Also from the FBI it sounds like all guns were purchased legally and there is seemingly no connection between them and any sort of terrorist network. So the whole "She pledged them to ISIS in the car right before hand" thing might be a 1 way thing only if it's true.

I have to admit that today, I am ashamed to be American.  When Kerry whatever his name is, was holding up the baby's pictures and things - an innocent 6 month old baby - that was the line for me.   Maybe I should have drawn the line earlier, but this pushed me. .I have been in tears since I saw this.  An innocent baby whose possessions will forever be accessible to any voyeur.

There have been quite a few things over the last few years that have gotten me close to being ashamed to be considered American.  But this has crossed the line so far, I don't even have the words to express it.

I can only hope that whoever - the mother, the sister - ends up raising this baby, changes their name, and raises her without the knowledge of what her parents did.  Because of all involved, she is innocent.

Right, but we can in theory have laws preventing or deterring said morons from improperly handling firearms. And having yourself to blame when you accidentally shoot a guy in the leg at a restaurant isn't really that comforting to the guy that got shot. 

And IIRC, you're against things like required training and required licensing for firearms. So really, you're saying that people are morons if they don't handle their firearms correctly but it's their right to be morons and shoot people and kids. 

Well you can try and have said laws, but you will always have idiots. Guns are a tool, a weapon, and a responsibility that requires strict safety precautions and discipline. Has anyone ever taken or taught criminal justice. You go in that class and you will always find the same thing, part of the class is just looking for an easy A an elective. Another part of that class are people who want to be police officers or lawyers, and a portion that class are people who view law enforcement as a way to gain power and a weapon to enforce this perceived power. Law enforcement is actually a lot like the military in that it is suppose to be about service. Your sidearm is meant as a defensive deterrent, you never wanna pull once you pull you are either in a really bad situation or creating one.

People who get guns illegally or through a questionable source are already either breaking the law or looking for a way around it.

Humans are a funny species if we can find something bad for us, something dangerous, we will 2 fist that shit until we are dead. Alcohol it's addictive, it's toxic. One of the easiest causes of preventable deaths in this country. We have tried making it illegal and it didn't work, in fact it made the problem worse and created new problems. 88,000 people a year die from alcohol related deaths. Let me ask you what kind of idiot does not understand don't drink and drive? It is not a complex law, you don't need a degree to understand it, yet boy you got a lot of stupid fucks doing it. Oh and do they hate being arrested, "I am not hurting anyone find a real criminal." Apparently 88,000 deaths a year is not enough to get the point across. And all those great commercials with celebrities, and music and dancing, oh they are best commercials, I love those fucking horses that's the best. You don't really have commercials for guns like this. Also expensive it costs the US hundreds of Billions of dollars per year to deal with these fuck ups.

Smoking, oh boy, kill yourself, kill the people next to you, kill a friend. Again addictive and toxic. 480,000 deaths annually and it is not like nobody knows it is bad for you. But two fist that shit.

Fast food, sugar, saturated fats, salt, oh boy we love it all. It all lacks the glamour of guns, but still we love it. No matter what we do, as a species we find a way to be self destructive. If it's not smoking, drinking, drugs, then it's wars and pollution, corruption and lies, greed and hate. We have done a lot of amazing things but as a race we are not what you would call nice. If you think about we are a species that takes apex predators and puts them in cages for our amusement. Hell we take killer whales one of the ultimate and most intelligent predators on the planet put them in a big swimming pool and play with them for fun. Killer Whales are so dangerous that Great White sharks are afraid of them. We think they are cuddly and make them do tricks.

We eat just about everything, we kill just about everything, we lack and sign of fitting into nature and we fight wars over differences in unproven philosophies. We can't even quit smoking and drinking, guns are actually one of the least of our worries. My own personal opinion is that the laws would probably only make things worse like they did with alcohol and just create new problems. But you never know, we have such a great track record after all. I mean think about it, you have millions of people in the US who have a problem with the idea of the public not having access to assault rifles. Do you know why assault rifles are the topic? Why they get the most flack, because of the name and the way they look, but they are far from the biggest problem. It is a hollow statement, it won't really fix any problem.

Anyway back to the topic the attorneys are now indicating that the terrorist husband did this because of his beard.  Really? Really? Did you see the pictures of the dead people, they have multiple beards and one guy has a handlebar mustache, if anyone is getting shit over facial hair it's that guy.  Come on man? Beards are also really popular right now. But it was over the beard, I hate Liars... sorry lawyers. Yes they made fun of his beard so him and his wife obtained illegal assault rifles, thousands of rounds of ammunition, stockpiled an arsenal and tried to destroy their digital footprint because of his beard? The reason terrorists destroy their digital foot print is because they don't want anyone backtracking their support network. No reason for a couple to randomly destroy their hard drive and cell phones. Even if they are mad over his beard, this seems like a rather well thought out premeditated build up for a mass killing spree to be just a crime of passion in the moment. Hey honey this guy at work said his beard was better than mine, can you get the IED's with remote detonators that we have been putting together in the garage the last couple of months, destroy our digital footprint, and grab the illegal assault rifles we modded for CQB, and tactical gear, and don't forget the get away car we rented, oh and will drop off the baby on the way to the slaughter. Yeah right, that makes total sense, it was over the beard, they are totally not terrorists domestic or other, and it so did not have anything to do with religion or ideology either. It was about his beard.

Now I mentioned team stupid ass before, there lawyer appears to be the starting QB for that team.        

I have mixed feelings about the landlord parading reporters through the mail order killer brides apartment. While on one hand I can see the concern over contaminating possible evidence. But on the other hand I sort of enjoy the message it sends, "Come to America to (try to) terrorize us and be reduced to a carnival spectacle." It should be frustrating for ISIS to realize they are barely discernible between any other nutjobs we already have occupying local law enforcement teams regularly. America shrugs? It (ISIS) looks like a menace shooting a grizzly with a bb gun from my perspective.

This is disgusting.  They went through and showed on national TV a 6 month old baby's picture.  And her toys, and her clothes.  Again I am ashamed to be an American right now;.

This is disgusting.  They went through and showed on national TV a 6 month old baby's picture.  And her toys, and her clothes.  Again I am ashamed to be an American right now;.

Ashamed to be American? Seems a bit overblown. Ashamed of the state of what we call journalism these days, sure. However this crass and sensationalist type of reporting is hardly unique to America.

Anyway back to the topic the attorneys are now indicating that the terrorist husband did this because of his beard.  Really? Really? Did you see the pictures of the dead people, they have multiple beards and one guy has a handlebar mustache, if anyone is getting shit over facial hair it's that guy.  Come on man? Beards are also really popular right now. But it was over the beard, I hate Liars... sorry lawyers. Yes they made fun of his beard so him and his wife obtained illegal assault rifles, thousands of rounds of ammunition, stockpiled an arsenal and tried to destroy their digital footprint because of his beard? The reason terrorists destroy their digital foot print is because they don't want anyone backtracking their support network. No reason for a couple to randomly destroy their hard drive and cell phones. Even if they are mad over his beard, this seems like a rather well thought out premeditated build up for a mass killing spree to be just a crime of passion in the moment. Hey honey this guy at work said his beard was better than mine, can you get the IED's with remote detonators that we have been putting together in the garage the last couple of months, destroy our digital footprint, and grab the illegal assault rifles we modded for CQB, and tactical gear, and don't forget the get away car we rented, oh and will drop off the baby on the way to the slaughter. Yeah right, that makes total sense, it was over the beard, they are totally not terrorists domestic or other, and it so did not have anything to do with religion or ideology either. It was about his beard.

Now I mentioned team stupid ass before, there lawyer appears to be the starting QB for that team.        

Puh-lease.

The lawyers didn't say "he did this because of his beard".  All they said was he had been made fun of because of his beard.  They did not say he killed because of that.

Syed Rizwan Farook was a devout Muslim who wore a beard for religious reasons and "usually shrugged off any jokes that were made about this facial hair," attorney David Chesley said.

What they did say, on behalf of the family, was that there were no indications that he was a terrorist.  The family is denying that he was a terrorist.  That's what the lawyers were told by the family.  That doesn't make them idiots or members of some stupid ass team.

And the big point that seems to have totally gone over your head is the fact that all the weapons had been legally obtained.  They had FOUR, count em, FOUR weapons.  There are more than a few people on this board that have a lot more than 4 weapons.  Are they terrorists too?

I don't really blame the journalists, they are who they are (stupid and motivated to please stupid viewers).

The fault lies with the FBI. This is the largest terror attack on US soil since 9/11. There is no way that place could have been fully searched within 48 hours. It should take weeks or months. Obama has created a deliberate mindset to be dismissive of the terror threat. The FBI's actions are in accordance with that. No big deal, we got this, lone wolf, nothing to do with Islam, stop being so fearful.

The best is whenever something bad happens, they go on TV and say "there is no evidence that something worse will happen". When Paris happened, they said "there is no evidence of that kind of attack happening in the US". When that happened a few weeks later, they say "there is no evidence they are part of any organized group". They actually think it's reassuring for people with no credibility to tell us they don't know shit.

If these self-starter terrorist attacks become more pervasive, I think you should and will see the "militia" part of the 2nd Amendment being made use of. The police cannot be everywhere, and it's too easy to inflict massive damage before authorities can respond. Citizens will need to organize and train themselves in how to respond with arms.

I don't really blame the journalists, they are who they are (stupid and motivated to please stupid viewers).

The fault lies with the FBI. This is the largest terror attack on US soil since 9/11. There is no way that place could have been fully searched within 48 hours. It should take weeks or months. Obama has created a deliberate mindset to be dismissive of the terror threat. The FBI's actions are in accordance with that. No big deal, we got this, lone wolf, nothing to do with Islam, stop being so fearful.

Quite amazing that the 14 deaths in San Bernardino makes it the largest terror attack on US soil since 9/11 after 7 years of Obama and the FBI deliberately dismissing the threat of terrorism.

I mean, wow, are we lucky. You'd think the government deliberately deciding not to take terror threats seriously would have led to a massive outbreak of terrorism on US soil, instead of the scant few events we've seen. Let's just hope our luck holds until an anti-Muslim demagogue gets into the White House and reminds the FBI to be scared of Muslims.

I'm really looking forward to the inevitable conclusion of the Obama presidency solely on the hope that fucking morons will stop blaming every fucking thing on him and actuate their second brain cell in an attempt to determine culpability in a semi-rational manner.

And of course, if we're going to call this terrorism, it confirms what a lot of liberals have been saying for many years:  that when there's another terrorist strike on American soil the Republican response will be to attack the Democratic President rather than to rally around them.  So incredibly predictable. 

Speaking of armed nutjobs:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/jerry-falwell-jr-if-more-good-people-had-concealed-guns-we-could-end-those-muslims/ar-AAg3zeZ

The president of Liberty University, a popular pilgrimage site for presidential candidates, urged students during the school’s convocation Friday to get their permits to carry concealed weapons.

In his remarks, President Jerry Falwell Jr., son of the late religious right leader Jerry Falwell Sr., pressed students at the Christian school in Lynchburg, Va. to carry weapons on campus following Wednesday’s mass shooting in San Bernardino, Calif.

I imagine if this caught on, it would be enough to made the board educators consider other lines of work. 

And of course, if we're going to call this terrorism, it confirms what a lot of liberals have been saying for many years:  that when there's another terrorist strike on American soil the Republican response will be to attack the Democratic President rather than to rally around them.  So incredibly predictable. 

Do you think this qualifies as terrorism? Yeah, the guy appears to be radicalized, but he essentially went postal. Not sure how important it is to define it in any case, but terrorism seems like a stretch.  

I can't work out why people think it's weird these people would do this as they had a 6 month old baby. Surely having a young baby would be a contributory factor. After all most couples break up after their first child, it's a highly stressful time and people ofter get so tired and stressed they become delusional. The US needs to get over it's weird cultural thing about women being nurturing (I'm petty sure that wasn't even a thing 50 years ago, horticulturalists were nurturing not parents), mothers are just people and are as food and as bad as anyone else.

So calling two islamicists with a cache of pipe bombs etc who killed 14 innocents terrorists is just a partisan attack of opportunity?  Could you stop and think about what you're defending here?  Partisanship uber alles isn't a productive mindset when dealing with folks who would gleefully kill both D's and R's.

I personally think that POTUS should be doing something, anything, about driving the caliphate into the dust, but that's probably because I'm racist and just want to criticize black people.

Archived