Football : The end of the year as we know it

kairparavel

Not the best game for West Ham today, but Liverpool were worse.  I'll take the 3 points and keep my fingers crossed that Lanzini's injury isn't serious. 

A season and a half into Enner Valencia's West Ham career and I've still no idea what is his best position. He clearly has no idea, either, but it worked out for the team today. 

Not the best game for West Ham today, but Liverpool were worse.  I'll take the 3 points and keep my fingers crossed that Lanzini's injury isn't serious. 

A season and a half into Enner Valencia's West Ham career and I've still no idea what is his best position. He clearly has no idea, either, but it worked out for the team today. 

I'm bummed about Lanzini but Payet is back so I'm not upset as I would normally be.  

I think its safe to say that the Chelsea players wanted Mourinho gone as if not changing Managers would have left them nearly as hopless as Villa still.

This to certain extent, Mourinho's tactics was not exactly helpful either. He tried to play it sometimes a bit too safe, restricted his attacking player with defending. One of the reasons why he preffered Oscar to Mata or De Bruyne. He brings too much of a controversy with him. That tactic us against world works for some time, but after that not so much. Mourinho brings success, motivate players, then ego's clashed, he's starting to blame everyone else and ultimately everyone is against him. All reasons why I want him to lead Mancs.

What's with Eriksen this season? He's gone from being Spurs' marquee player at the start of last season to being the obvious candidate for substitution when the attack needs freshening up now. He's not obviously short of confidence or anything, he just doesn't seem to do much anymore.

Kane really unlucky. He could've scored easily a hattrick by now. Spurs are lucky to have such a player along with Ali or Lamela right now. Ben Davies impress me today, their defensive partnership of Alderweireld and Vertonghen is good too.

This game has been excellent. Caroll is indeed tidy, probably slightly light weight, but he can work on that. Apparently he was on loan to Swansea last season - I don't remember him playing for them at all. 

Besic's been very good since he's come on, both offensively and defensively. 

I really can't understand how Besic has been on the bench for a while without getting game time. He's the sort of player that Martinez desperately needs (and those letters are in all caps, bold, underline and font size 28324), yet he only comes on for 30 minutes in this game.

Which, by the way, was the period Everton dominated. Of course, Deulofeu helps, but compare Besic's defensive work - how he harasses, tackles and comes close to players with how Cleverly - who isn't a defensive mid by any stretch of imagination - did for 60 minutes. Miles ahead.

I think he should get a run in the team, at least with McCarthy out. When McCarthy comes back, I would love to see Barry dropped, just to see if Besic-McCarthy could be as good as they look in theory. Plus, of course, that Barry isn't getting any younger (which, of course, begs the question of just why he's been playing the full 90 minutes of every game - the last three included).

Archived