NFL 2016 Playoffs: The Kool-aid Guy vs. the Sith Lord Edition

Mr. Chatywin et al.

But Jackson can already put Head Coach on his resume from his time with the Raiders.  He's getting a second chance, and unless this one goes well, he will never get a third. 

Exactly.

Silver also said that Marvin went to Hue and offered him a succession plan to keep him in Cincinnati. Instead, he goes to an interstate rival. 

6.6 million people are in the state of Indiana.  That's not in Indianapolis.  I don't know how familiar you are with the mid-west... but its pretty big out there.  Several people in the state of Indiana live just outside of Chicago and others are likely closer to Cleveland than they are to Indianapolis.

I'm from the Mid-West.

I'm talking about ratings. Would you rather have 50% of 6 million or 10% of 15 million?

Per Bleacher Report, Jackson was fixated on SF and Cleveland, and Cleveland gave him more personnel power. He wasn't serious about New York.

Except Silver says he was getting on a plane to Jersey that day when Cleveland made him an offer. Ultimately Hue just wanted to be a head coach and didn't care where. He just wanted an owner to make an offer and he'd take it. If he interviewed with SF and they offered, he would have taken that.

Ayuh. 

That's bodes well for RG3 making a comeback, but what he might come back as is a whole nother story.

Haha, I knew someone would get the reference. 

"Sometimes, a dead career is better" 

Well, I have to shuttle out the door and don't have time to read everyone's comments, but I can't leave without mourning the end of Hue Jackson's coaching career. You'd think he'd have learned after the Raiders incident.

Shame, I was really pulling for that guy.

Will catch up later.

Not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7, not 8, not 9, not 10, not 11. 12! That's the number of kids Antonio Cromartie will have now that his wife is pregnant with twins, despite the fact he's had a vasectomy.

One of the funniest moments on Hard Knocks was watching him struggle to name all his children.

Not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7, not 8, not 9, not 10, not 11. 12! That's the number of kids Antonio Cromartie will have now that his wife is pregnant with twins, despite the fact he's had a vasectomy.

One of the funniest moments on Hard Knocks was watching him struggle to name all his children.

I remember that, I was laughing so hard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpSwaVclOgU

HUEmongus mistake in choosing the Browns. I saw that they offered him some personnel power too, but they just hired two guys for personnel and still supposed to hire a "GM" so are they making decisions as a group of four? Maybe he believes that what they are attempting will be revolutionary and wanted in on it. But going to another team that dumps coaches faster than Jerry did girlfriends on Seinfeld is a risky career move. Time will tell.

Geez. I remember the first time he signed with the Jets, they needed to give him an advance on his salary so he could make his alimony child support payments. I think his first 8 kids are with 7 different women and the last 4 are with his wife.

So is it true that Al Davis didn't actually own the Raiders until 2003 and before that he just sorta strong armed his way into controlling it?

2005 to be exact.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Davis

In 1972, while managing general partner Valley was attending the 1972 Summer Olympics in Munich, Davis drafted a revised partnership agreement that made him the new managing general partner, with near-absolute control over team operations.[39] McGah signed the agreement. Since two of the team's three general partners had voted in favor of the agreement, it was binding under California partnership law of the time. Valley sued to overturn the agreement once he returned to the country, but was unsuccessful. Valley sold his interest in 1976, and from that point onward none of the other partners had any role in the team's operations.[39]This was despite the fact that Davis did not acquire a majority interest in the Raiders until 2005, when he bought the shares held by McGah's family. At his death he owned approximately 67 percent of the team.

Archived