NFL 2016 Divisional: THE GREATEST GAME

Jace, Extat

Side comment - I grew up in the era of the blowout super bowls. Other than Montana to Clark (which was the NFC Championship) I cant recall too many games during the playoffs that were riveting in comparison to 3 of the 5 playoff games over the last two weekends, not to mention all the playoff and super bowl drama over the last 15 years. Not sure what tweaks they have made to the game to cause this but it seems like things are continuing to just get crazy. And i'm lovin it.

That Hail Mary at the end of regulation last night reminded me of the '95 Divisional game between the Colts and Steelers. You could hear a pin drop in Three Rivers when that ball got to the endzone. Better result for the defense though and me as a then 15 year old :thumbsup:.

You really can't ask for much more from a playoff game than what we got from the Pack and Cards, hope we get some more of that today.

It shouldn't have been that close. If Palmer hadn't thrown a damn interception in the end zone, the Cardinals would have been further ahead.

To be fair, the Packers dropped a couple gimme interceptions, and there was that tip 6 touchdown near the end for Arizona. Both teams played well enough to win, it just went the Cards' way. 

To be fair, the Packers dropped a couple gimme interceptions, and there was that tip 6 touchdown near the end for Arizona. Both teams played well enough to win, it just went the Cards' way. 

Agreed, if anything the Cards were the team that had more luck on their side.  You could say the hail mary is partly luck, and there were a couple of obvious penalties on GB that weren't called, so it didn't go all the Cards way, but still.  The deflection touchdown was super lucky, dropped pick that would have won the game, and both of those 3rd down spots by one inch were really good luck (the first spot was really generous, the other was probably a first down).  

Well I was picking Az for the game but as far as luck goes, great players make their own luck. Aaron Rodgers made the exact same Hail Mary at the end of reg. just one month earlier. You can no longer even call a thing luck if a guy can repeat it. The Detroit Hail Mary was in the air about 70 yds.......70 yds........70 yds.......the Hail Mary yesterday was in the air about 57 yds.

It aint luck folks, its just a thing that Aaron "Beastmode" Rodgers can do.

5 Incredible Things About the Packers' Hail Mary -- NYMag

nymag.com › intelligencer › 2015/12 › 5...
Dec 4, 2015 - Green Bay Packers v Detroit Lions ... Aaron Rodgers had never thrown a successful Hail Marybefore. ... 70 yards in the air — they were concerned about a shorter ... And the many failures to protect the city's residents is now ...

Well I was picking Az for the game but as far as luck goes, great players make their own luck. Aaron Rodgers made the exact same Hail Mary at the end of reg. just one month earlier. You can no longer even call a thing luck if a guy can repeat it. The Detroit Hail Mary was in the air about 70 yds.......70 yds........70 yds.......the Hail Mary yesterday was in the air about 57 yds.

It aint luck folks, its just a thing that Aaron "Beastmode" Rodgers can do.

5 Incredible Things About the Packers' Hail Mary -- NYMag

nymag.com › intelligencer › 2015/12 › 5...
Dec 4, 2015 - Green Bay Packers v Detroit Lions ... Aaron Rodgers had never thrown a successful Hail Marybefore. ... 70 yards in the air — they were concerned about a shorter ... And the many failures to protect the city's residents is now ...

Well that and Jeff Janis running down field to jump in front of Patrick Peterson and another player to make a ridiculous catch. Good for Rodgers to get it into the end zone but that's the easier part of the play. The ball still needed to be caught.

Both teams were lucky last night and it made for a great game. I don't think one was luckier than the other.

To me the luck balanced out, because great players on each team made their own. I still don't think he's GOAT, but goddamn if Rodgers isn't at least a miracle child.

That said, Rogders is upset about the coinflip and Clay Matthews wants college rules (after failing to tackle fitzy twice on the same play).

That said, Rogders is upset about the coinflip and Clay Matthews wants college rules (after failing to tackle fitzy twice on the same play).

Matthews is annoying as all hell, but he's right. I can't see any reason why both teams shouldn't receive a possession in OT. How exciting would that have been?

Matthews is annoying as all hell, but he's right. I can't see any reason why both teams shouldn't receive a possession in OT. How exciting would that have been?

Yup, I've always thought that the NFL would be better off with the college rule. It's just way more exciting and fair. You're also not relying on a coin flip that the refs have managed to fuck up on numerous occasions.

RE: Clay Matthews

"It sucks that a coin toss can determine that," Matthews said, "but if that was us on the other side of the coin, we probably wouldn't be complaining." Other Packers weren't calling for change, despite the brutal ending. "Change the rule?" Julius Peppers said. "Nah, the rules are the rules, man. Play by the rules." Added B.J. Raji: "That's sucker stuff, man. We lost the game. We should've won."

It's not as bad when looking at the full quote. Also Peppers is the man, but that's no secret. 

Yup, I've always thought that the NFL would be better off with the college rule. It's just way more exciting and fair. You're also not relying on a coin flip that the refs have managed to fuck up on numerous occasions.

I'd be fine with both teams being guaranteed the ball at least once no matter what (unless the defense scores). But I don't like the idea of starting at the opponents 25 yard line. Teams should still have to be able to go down the field.

ETA: Wow. This is getting out of hand quickly.

Archived