Survivor: Kaôh Regōng Trail

Scrambled Aegon

Well that might have been the worst tribal performance I can recall.  What would possess a person to immediately say that things were up in the air, when she had told her allies the plan was locked in?  I'm baffled at the utter stupidity.

Though they didn't show it, did the body builder rat Jenny out to Scott and Boba Fett? I'd guess so given that she voted for Jenny.

Alicia is my new favorite player by far this season. If she is still there when the merge comes, i can see her going far, or even winning the whole thing. People underestimate her because she is pretty little blonde and see her as dumb and naive, but she is savvy and determined and no one will see her as a threat after the merge.

Yeah, we all had the same feeling. Why would you be the one to seek out a new alliance, and then tell on yourself later on? I mean that was just silly. I was thinking she was a good player after last week until this shit storm happened. She got through the ear worm, fought hard at the challenge and was a big part of the alliance. Brawn is looking like the Brains tribe that lost every challenge.

Brains meanwhile...wow get rid of that loud mouth woman as soon as possible holy crap.

Beauty, it was nice to see Tai seems to have gotten in better graces with the team, still rooting for him.

Alicia, She looked all but done twice now and has fought back. I mean she spent hours and hours getting fire for them, her hands looked like hell and should show them how committed she is, they were black and bloodied.

Any thoughts on the new version of the hidden immunity idol? They have made it much harder to find than I ever remember. Too many seasons in a row of people finding them too fast and easy? Maybe they want less idol influence on the game and more personalities?

It was fun to see Tai and Caleb. The show has made Tai seem awkward, even when his tribe is seemingly fine with him, so it's kinda weird. And yeah, that idol man ... so you don't have the idol yet, but here's a HUGE honking tool that you now have to use and wave like a flag screaming 'look at what I am doing' or hide the HUGE honking tool for a later date. I think I'd be a little upset if I found that, but I'm kinda meh on the whole thing from a tv stand-point.

Jenny, Jenny, Jenny - worst self-inflicted wound ever. I'll probably think of a few that were worse, but this one was swift and painful to watch. One of the few times you can identify that intended votes were changed as a direct result of tribal. Alecia is a fighter, but I don't know if I like her yet. I'm not gonna lie, I don't think Jenny was wrong about Jason. there's things about him I like and things I really don't.

Brains ... yawn. Debbie is annoying as hell. Joseph is Rudy without the charm.

Jesus, I am just so floored by Jenny. What a fucking wonder. We've witnessed the birth of one of Survivor's great trainwreck contestants. Instant classic as far as early boots go. She gets this badass premiere where she looks like the super cool Brawn chick set to make it super far and be a contender to win... then episode two she fucking implodes like no other. It was like President Lacina reborn, only this time it goes straight from the premiere to the merge. Fucking magical.

Alecia was almost as surprising. Never would have pegged her to suddenly get a likable underdog edit and be badass with the fire. But I was already rooting for her so I am thrilled with it. This was just a great episode. More thoughts on the others after I rewatch it later today, right now I am mostly just in love with Alecia and Jenny.

Also Nick got no air time and that's always a good thing.

Sadly from that preview logic would say that it is Caleb being medivaced.  White man's arm, Tai crying, he's the only one out there I think stupid enough to push themselves past exhaustion in team challenges.  Farewell sweet douchey beastmode prince lol.

Pretty boring episode I thought. They really telegraphed that the brain tribe was going to lose the challenge and then super telegraphed Peter being oblivious.

It wasn't a surprising one but it doesn't always need to be a surprise. This was basically just "Let's laugh at Peter for being absurdly cocky", like the Drew Christy episode. Not as great as that but still a fundamentally fun thing to see every now and then. I think it was a more effective story and makes the season's episodes more diverse than if it were just "X or Y" when they could have told this fun blindside story.

I'm liking Debbie (I think that's the name of the Brain woman they were all annoyed with in previous episodes). I think I underestimated her. I like how she was able to simply watch, then rally people around her, then tell Liz, "you and I are super good."

I really like this season so far, especially since we're coming from the amazing 31. like this better than the original BBB and way way way better than Worlds Apart.

Good episode. Not sure where I stand on the whole "super idol" thing. You have to assume there are three, so someone from opposing tribes would have to find them, then merge, and be able to figure out who on the opposing tribe has one so you can join up super twin powers. It's generally pretty hard to know who has one. I guess with the chaos that happened on the brawn tribe it will be easy for Tai to get with them post merge. Any chances that post merge Tai finds the Brains tribes idol?

People seem to overlook Tai a little. He is a guy who believes in all life including plants, and yet he helped the tribe kill a chicken because he knew it was for the best. That takes a lot to do. After the first episode I thought he was a goner but he seems to have pulled through.

Brains, yeah, it was a little heavy handed that they would lose and he would go home, but that's ok because every time they showed his smug face I laughed a little knowing he was a goner.

As to the medevac, it could be the big guy on Beauty tribe. He is very large and muscular, he would be burning more energy.

And this Caleb guy, I have never seen whatever show he was on before so I am only seeing him here. I definitely wouldn't peg him as racist or bigoted or whatever people have been saying. I mean, he has bonded with Tai who is gay and Vietnamese. I don't know if the guy is just hiding who he really is or what but I can say that from someone with fresh eyes he seems like a good guy on the show. Wonder if the previous personality   will show up at some point.

^I love Tai. He's the only one from the Beauty Tribe whose name I actually remember. Don't know the Caleb guy either but so far he seems ordinary.

When Tai cried for the chicken it wasn't the same way it's happened with other contestants who get attached to the livestock. It was heartbreaking for me...Then again, I'm a tree hugging vegetarian so I'm biased.

On 3.3.2016 at 3:07 AM, Gertrude said:

And then we get next week's preview. Way to hype up human suffering, Survivor. That turned my stomach.

It's been almost a year, so they're all fine now.

And I honestly can't think of any other way to promote an episode like this, or the entire season for that matter. You can't not show it in the previews, because it sort of softens the blow of losing a person this way. I think people would get totally freaked out if they didn't know ahead of time about the ton of medevacs coming up. As long as we don't loose someone due to an unnecessarily dangerous challange (like that one in Worlds Apart), people will be ok with it, because they expect this sort of thing now. But I really hope they get a new location for the next seasons, Cambodja seems horrible, and I think on the French version of Survivor a contestant died in the same location a couple of years ago.

On 3.3.2016 at 7:46 AM, Slurktan said:

Sadly from that preview logic would say that it is Caleb being medivaced.  White man's arm, Tai crying, he's the only one out there I think stupid enough to push themselves past exhaustion in team challenges.  Farewell sweet douchey beastmode prince lol.

The edit doesn't support that at all, Caleb's in it for a long time. I think Tai would cry about anyone getting hurt because he's an emotional guy and cares about people. And are we sure it was a guy's arm? I've only seen the preview once, but I thought the footage was inconclusive. I mean, last season it was clear with Kelley yelling "Oh my god, is he okay?"

I personally see Nick as the obvious pick, since he got a lousy edit so far.

On 3.3.2016 at 1:24 PM, dbunting said:

And this Caleb guy, I have never seen whatever show he was on before so I am only seeing him here. I definitely wouldn't peg him as racist or bigoted or whatever people have been saying. I mean, he has bonded with Tai who is gay and Vietnamese. I don't know if the guy is just hiding who he really is or what but I can say that from someone with fresh eyes he seems like a good guy on the show. Wonder if the previous personality   will show up at some point.

I think he posted some controversial stuff on social media once, a couple of years ago, when he was young and stupid. Or maybe there's more than that. Anyway, we didn't get any of that on Big Brother, he was actually friends with a gay person in the house as well. The problem some people have with him, is that he was creepy towards a female contestant, whom he fell in love with, while she kind of disliked him, so he started sort-of stalking her up to the point when she was evicted. After that he was fine again and made it far.

1 hour ago, Criston of House Shapper said:

And I honestly can't think of any other way to promote an episode like this, or the entire season for that matter. You can't not show it in the previews, because it sort of softens the blow of losing a person this way. I think people would get totally freaked out if they didn't know ahead of time about the ton of medevacs coming up.

It's not just this preview in isolation, it's that Survivor always seems gleeful whenever they talk about how harsh the conditions are or how many people get hurt. They hype up medical more than they need to and we are invited to view personal injury as entertainment and judge it as such. They have a history of it and so now I have a default Pavlovian response of disgust.

If this is a particularly bad medivac in a season of medivacs, then yeah, softening it is probably what you want to do. There is a difference between softening a blow and reveling in the misery. I just feel they crossed that line a long time ago.

So far, this has been a dynamite season. Every episode has been enjoyable, and overall, the cast has been gold. Especially Tai and Debbie. I'm looking forward to next weeks episode because Probsts really drummed it up on the pregame interviews. He mentioned that bullying will become a theme.

I am sure that means that Kyle and Scot are going to be picking on Alecia next week. I already dislike them both a considerable amount, and I suspect that next week it will turn into outright disgust. The way that Kyle got the idol was shady as hell. I feel sorry for Alecia right now.

8 hours ago, Howdyphillip said:

I am sure that means that Kyle and Scot are going to be picking on Alecia next week. I already dislike them both a considerable amount, and I suspect that next week it will turn into outright disgust. The way that Kyle got the idol was shady as hell. I feel sorry for Alecia right now.

What was shady about Jason getting the idol?  Was it the fact that Alecia didn't find the clue telling her where to look?  Was it the fact that she would have no way of possibly getting the Idol even if she somehow guessed correctly on which tree it was hanging?  Don't forget that the tool Tai used was gone as... (I can't remember her name, body builder lady) chucked it away.  So you essentially think it was shady because she didn't run fast enough to pick it up when she would have had no chance at getting it in the first place had Jason and Scott not showed her where it was?  And you think it was shady of Jason but not her?

That's just sad.

On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 2:27 PM, Criston of House Shapper said:

I think he posted some controversial stuff on social media once, a couple of years ago, when he was young and stupid. Or maybe there's more than that. Anyway, we didn't get any of that on Big Brother, he was actually friends with a gay person in the house as well. The problem some people have with him, is that he was creepy towards a female contestant, whom he fell in love with, while she kind of disliked him, so he started sort-of stalking her up to the point when she was evicted. After that he was fine again and made it far.

Ok, makes sense. I had some people over Saturday night and Survivor came up and everyone seemed to like Tai. Oh, and "why the hell didn't they vote off Debbie!".

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 1:28 AM, Slurktan said:

What was shady about Jason getting the idol?  Was it the fact that Alecia didn't find the clue telling her where to look?  Was it the fact that she would have no way of possibly getting the Idol even if she somehow guessed correctly on which tree it was hanging?  Don't forget that the tool Tai used was gone as... (I can't remember her name, body builder lady) chucked it away.  So you essentially think it was shady because she didn't run fast enough to pick it up when she would have had no chance at getting it in the first place had Jason and Scott not showed her where it was?  And you think it was shady of Jason but not her?

That's just sad.

I don't know, I think he has a point and definitely a right to it. She found the clue and mistakenly trusted her tribe mate and showed her. She then realized that they were all out after it and tried to get it herself and basically got boxed out by Jason. She physically couldn't get it because of him. Fully fair in Survivor, but still shady in my book.

Lol @ the doctor yelling 'get some saline' in the preview. They're just trying to hype it up, like every other season. 

Also, what on earth was Peter thinking? It's hard to believe people talk/ think that way. At this point, I don't like anyone on the brawn tribe, especially the two dudes - I can't stand either of them. Those two and Peter need to go. 

Edit: As soon as Peter said 'voting units', I expected Probst to go "LOOK AT SEASON 31 - IT'S EVOLVING - NOW WE HAVE VOTING UNITS AS OPPOSED TO VOTING BLOCKS"

Archived