Rant and Rave Without Repercussions - Includes Season 6 Spoilers

HexMachina

26 minutes ago, Tijgy said:

~~~snip~~~~

(I am still sad about the fact none of the people at the Heresy thread even wanted to consider the existence of the Herd of Ice Sheep. I mean the Others has to do something with those sheep Craster offered? They said they were just offerings to Craster's Gods. And the next thing Craster was going to offer were his dogs => Ice Sheep Dogs the Others could use to her the Ice Sheep. LOL)

Really, I think you should sell the Ice Sheep and Ice Sheep Dogs to D&D.  Perhaps Rover is to be found in the Heart of Winter, herding sheep.

Oh, apparently Ned doesn't only suffer from very heavily PTSD. He has an especially connection with Dany? (I think he apparently forgot Ned is actually someone with a temper and storms away when he sees dead children. He actually did this after the sack of KL. That is completely Ned's thinking process: We must save the children, we must save the children, we must save the children, I swore vow and have a duty to the King, we must save the children, we must save the children, ... I failed to save my men and my children are in danger. I failed, I must save my daughter. (He insulted BookNed!)

And he does indeed ignore Hound. Okay, @Le Cygne, you are really completely right in ignoring his videos. 

11 minutes ago, LongRider said:

Really, I think you should sell the Ice Sheep and Ice Sheep Dogs to D&D.  Perhaps Rover is to be found in the Heart of Winter, herding sheep.

You cannot disagree it is a fun image, no? Some of those Others with their Ice Sheep Dogs herding Ice Sheep. But sadly, I think they ignored the disappeared sheep during the scene at Craster (it is mentioned like five times or even more in the books that all the sheep are gone). But then they also ignored Elia,, ... during the first seasons. So they are completely bad at foreshadowing. (Instead they put the answer a whole season long right in front of us and repeat it several times so we just cannot see it and ignore at our first watching. And we can also guess direct if someone is going to die or not: sentimental scenes lead always to death (Barry, Shireen, Karsi, Oberyn, ...)

I know this is completely a crazy crack pot idea (but a rather cool one IMO) but they still say "The Others are accompanied with Ice Spiders as big as hounds - Did you see what I did here ;)

1 minute ago, Tijgy said:

You cannot disagree it is a fun image, no? Some of those Others with their Ice Sheep Dogs herding Ice Sheep. But sadly, I think they ignored the disappeared sheep during the scene at Craster (it is mentioned like five times or even more in the books that all the sheep are gone). ~~~snip~~~

I know this is completely a crazy crack pot idea (but a rather cool one IMO) but they still say "The Others are accompanied with Ice Spiders as big as hounds - Did you see what I did here ;)

You are making me laff!  How can the Others be evil if they are simple sheepherders? LOL!   They are mean child killers, and mother killers and Jon Snow fighters.   Those meanies don't herd sheep.  I don't mean to diss your idea, I like it, but I just don't see the Others as sheep herders.   I like the Ice Hound idea, perhaps Craster's sheep feed the Ice Hounds?  Now that I could see.      :P

Oh, apparently he thinks Dany is Lyanna's child. And he is slightly annoyed Sansa is depressed about Lady's death. He really dislikes Lady (why?) and has the biggest conspiracies I have ever seen. 

41 minutes ago, LongRider said:

You are making me laff!  How can the Others be evil if they are simple sheepherders? LOL!   They are mean child killers, and mother killers and Jon Snow fighters.   Those meanies don't herd sheep.  I don't mean to diss your idea, I like it, but I just don't see the Others as sheep herders.   I like the Ice Hound idea, perhaps Craster's sheep feed the Ice Hounds?  Now that I could see.      :P

Even meanies does need to eat :D (and who knows how evil those Ice Sheep can be?) But you might actually be right about the fact they just use the sheep to feed their Hounds. I did not think about that. This idea might also explain the disappearance of the Craster's sheep. (Or maybe it are really Ice Spiders and they feed the Spiders sheep. That is also possible). Who knows? 

I admit it is actually meant to be a silly theory ;) but I just want to know what the Others do with those sheep. And this is my headcannon ... however the Others do really have Ice Sheep Herds, you cannot deny I didn't warn you. 

10 minutes ago, TepidHands said:

JCRB's back! 

:D:D Welcome back! I actually read the article. But I must admit I do not know enough of English literature to say anything about his opinion. The only book I read some passages out was the Bible and that is only because I spent 20 years in a catholic school. (Okay, during my five years of university I had only one course of religion so I did not really got that lessons on the bible during those years)

I won't try to dissuade you of your ice sheep head cannon.   Perhaps ice sheep are like the little white bunny from the film Monty Python and the Holy Grail.  They look innocent, but watch out, they'll tear your throat out.  And now enough of this, thanks for sharing.   :cheers:

54 minutes ago, Ramsay's 20 Good Men said:

LOL! That is just so wonderful. Maybe someone should ask GRRM to list his top 10 TV series?

Ha! Notable omission. Based on his list, with the exception of perhaps one book, which I can't imagine he actually gave much thought to, I can see why he doesn't write well for women.

28 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Ha! Notable omission. Based on his list, with the exception of perhaps one book, which I can't imagine he actually gave much thought to, I can see why he doesn't write well for women.

Yeah I get the idea that Carson McCullers made the list to check off a box. Kind of like his screenplay writing. 

ETA: So many of these are modern or postmodern fiction and NONE are fantasy. Why again were this guy and his buddy chosen to adapt a fantasy epic with roots in European history? 

3 minutes ago, TepidHands said:

Yeah I get the idea that Carson McCullers made the list to check off a box. Kind of like his screenplay writing. 

Yeah, I can't imagine he got much of that, he was probably thinking, at least she's not like Sansa...

19 minutes ago, TepidHands said:

ETA: So many of these are modern or postmodern fiction and NONE are fantasy. Why again were this guy and his buddy chosen to adapt a fantasy epic with roots in European history? 

It does seem like the reading list of someone who wrote the beetle speech and the "nothing is nothing" stuff, and completely agree they are completely out of their elements writing medieval fantasy. 

3 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

Lol my thoughts exactly. They do remind me of some Hemimgway bs at times, only without the quality of his writing. 

Shows You're Giving Up On

Game of Thrones

"Game of Thrones went off the reservation by adding in too many rapes for the sake of letting a man have emotional development. Maybe I'll watch it if/when I finished the books." -- Mariam Watt

http://www.tvguide.com/galleries/shows-youre-giving-up-on/photo/1f880010-b221-4b77-9351-3f8bb892dd08/

27 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

I had already saw that. I agree completely of course

25 minutes ago, Ruhail said:

(...)

OMG. That is so cute! Love them both of course :wub: and :crying:. I will never D&D forgive for killing Grey Wind off without any fight. 

29 minutes ago, Alayne's Shadow. said:

I'll link this site when someone inevitably asks me why I've given up on GOT this season.

Ehh I dont like how that description makes it seem like Theon gets loads of screentime and development from Sansa's situation

33 minutes ago, Ruhail said:

Ehh I dont like how that description makes it seem like Theon gets loads of screentime and development from Sansa's situation

Oh, I think the reference should have been Ramsay too. It's not like Theon even matters. At the end of the day, he had as much screentime as Myranda, really. 

Archived